One last update on wife...

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,045 Senior Member

wizard78 said:
    I am so glad to read this, Enzo. You and Kim have been on my prayers list and will continue, since I first learned of her condition. The wife and I know personally what it's like to find out, absorb the uncertainty of tomorrow, what radiation and chemo does to the body and some relief when you pass a milestone. You especially deserve a lot of credit for staying positive and helping to keep her spirits up, when you lost your job. Very easy to fall into a slump where negative thoughts dominate your lives. Kim went through the physical part and you both went through the mental part but with prayers and positive thoughts and actions you both came through this part of your lives into a new beginning. God bless you both and well wishes that her last two surgeries turn out as good as her treatments.
    I owe you a call my friend.  I've been so underwater with my own life that I have neglected some of the folks that mean something to me.  Pleas let's get in touch soon?
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

I had a peer that found a way to take advantage of the situation and displace me from my position.

THAT guy deserves repeated crotch punches.

I am very glad to hear this has all turned the corner.  Y'all are still in our prayers.
    Thanks brother.  Actually it was a female who is an absolute beast in playing corporate politics.  And I saw it all unfolding and I was so busy I never figured it out until it was too late.  But it's all good.  Now I'm working for the competition and making her life really interesting.  Karma is VERY real...  :D
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

orchidman said:
    You have no idea of how much joy I got from reading your post brother.
    The only thing that saddens me is that once again I wont be in a position this year to meet you and Kim.
    Both of you are an inspiration to others who are suffering from the difficulties that life brings to us all.
    My prayers for you both will continue.
    Thanks for the incredibly kind words.  Don't know that we rise to the inspirational level but I appreciate your intent nevertheless.  I also owe you a call soon.  Highly interest in catching up with you and if you need an escape maybe you can come over and teach me how to fish, I suck at it...   :D
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 3,101 Senior Member
    So very glad that things worked out for your wife. She sounds like an amazing woman to be sure. 
    I hope the opportunity to meet both of you presents itself one day.

Sako
    sakodude said:
    So very glad that things worked out for your wife. She sounds like an amazing woman to be sure. 
    I hope the opportunity to meet both of you presents itself one day.

Sako
    Thanks,
    I hope so too!!!
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,198 Senior Member
    Good news indeed, brother . I can only imagine 3.5 years like that. I'm in awe of both of you. Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
    Good news indeed, brother . I can only imagine 3.5 years like that. I'm in awe of both of you. Mike
    You are most kind brother.  It has been a tough path for sure, specially for her.  There were days...  

But we always took the time to think on a lesson my dad taught me a long time ago.  When things get really tough my dad always told me:

-Are you dead?
    -No.
    -Then every other problem can either be fixed or run away from as fast as you can.  Pick one solution and dedicate all your energy to getting it accomplished.

This has saved my sanity on may occasions.

Also one thing I kept telling my wife during some rather emotional moments, another one of my dad's life rules.  "We will NOT spend one second crying unless we HAVE to."  It takes some thinking to get the full meaning of the statement but the logic is sound.
    You are most kind brother.  It has been a tough path for sure, specially for her.  There were days...  

But we always took the time to think on a lesson my dad taught me a long time ago.  When things get really tough my dad always told me:

-Are you dead?
    -No.
    -Then every other problem can either be fixed or run away from as fast as you can.  Pick one solution and dedicate all your energy to getting it accomplished.

This has saved my sanity on may occasions.

Also one thing I kept telling my wife during some rather emotional moments, another one of my dad's life rules.  "We will NOT spend one second crying unless we HAVE to."  It takes some thinking to get the full meaning of the statement but the logic is sound.
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,614 Senior Member
    Great news. Give her my best and tell her that I hope she can finally put this behind her, in the near future. Also, I hope she's able to come to the shoot.........we get tired of looking at your mug.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,283 Senior Member

I had a peer that found a way to take advantage of the situation and displace me from my position.

THAT guy deserves repeated crotch punches.

I am very glad to hear this has all turned the corner.  Y'all are still in our prayers.
    Thanks brother.  Actually it was a female who is an absolute beast in playing corporate politics.  And I saw it all unfolding and I was so busy I never figured it out until it was too late.  But it's all good.  Now I'm working for the competition and making her life really interesting.  Karma is VERY real...  :D
    Similar thing happened to me when Wife and I were dealing with the same and more. But as you say, karma is muy real, and when I left half my team followed, and the backstabber lost the contract the next year. 

Life now is the best it’s been!!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
    olesniper said:
    Great news. Give her my best and tell her that I hope she can finally put this behind her, in the near future. Also, I hope she's able to come to the shoot.........we get tired of looking at your mug.
    Thanks my friend.  I will certainly let her know.  Unfortunately her first surgery just got scheduled for the week right after the shoot and like I said it is the biggest and most complex of the two, so she wants to spend her last weekend resting at home just enjoying some quiet time together.  Of course I'll be staying here with her, so this year will not work out for us as bad as we wanted it to.  Scheduling is completely out of our hands.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    edited May 18 #73
    Kim has the heart of a lion...and I suspect you aint so bad yourself.

May God continue to bless you both!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,311 Senior Member
    Great news Wambli! God be with your family.  Tough times always reveal the character in people.  They sort of 'flush out' your friend network. Good luck, keep fighting.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
    Kim has the heart of a lion...and I suspect you aint so bad yourself.

May God continue to bless you both!
    She does, I just tag along.  May God bless you too.

bellcat said:
    Great news Wambli! God be with your family.  Tough times always reveal the character in people.  They sort of 'flush out' your friend network. Good luck, keep fighting.
    Agreed on all counts.  May God be with you too!
  • shooter10mmshooter10mm Member Posts: 215 Member
    Continual prayers sent Brother!!
    "You miss 100% of the shots you do not take!"
    "As long as there's Lead in the air there's hope!
    " -- Ralph Adkinson(Daddy) The original Marlboro Man
    Continual prayers sent Brother!!
    Thank you brother!
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Great news- - - -other than that part about having to miss another shoot!  We'll miss both of you, for sure!  Hang in there!

Dads have a habit of passing along sage advice, at least when we choose to listen to it.  When I was dealing with a particularly dark time in my life, Dad said "You're not beat when you get knocked down- - - - -you're beat when you won't get back up and try again!"  He was a very wise man, and I miss him a lot!

Jerry 

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 4,198 Senior Member
    I meant exactly what I said. I lost my first wife from diagnosis to funeral in three months. I know how bad that 3 months was, but 3.5 years??? I honestly can't imagine. Strong people you guys are. Mike
    Decisions have consequences, not everything in life gets an automatic mulligan.
    KSU Firefighter
    Teach said:

Great news- - - -other than that part about having to miss another shoot!  We'll miss both of you, for sure!  Hang in there!

Dads have a habit of passing along sage advice, at least when we choose to listen to it.  When I was dealing with a particularly dark time in my life, Dad said "You're not beat when you get knocked down- - - - -you're beat when you won't get back up and try again!"  He was a very wise man, and I miss him a lot!

Jerry 

That is great advice Jerry.  We will miss seeing you and Miss Mary.  My wife is quite fond of you guys as am I.  Maybe we'll have to make a trip west in the fall and see what've TN looks like when the leaves turn.  My best to Miss Mary!

I meant exactly what I said. I lost my first wife from diagnosis to funeral in three months. I know how bad that 3 months was, but 3.5 years??? I honestly can't imagine. Strong people you guys are. Mike
    I can't even imagine the pain of your loss brother.   Just the thought of it makes me shiver to my bones.  You are good man Mike and I really hope we can meet face to face soon.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,132 Senior Member
    edited May 19 #83
    Great News! I never realized on here that things got that serious. You didn't complain much and faced it like a man, so I never had a suspicion what you both were really going through. Sounds like you both are a great life team. I wish I would have gotten to meet you both when she didn't have hair. I would have told her it looks like we have the same barber. Give her a hug from this snake and I hope you both have many many great years left together
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • avmechavmech Senior Member Posts: 854 Senior Member
    Awesome update Enzo. Continued prayers to you guys!
    NRA Benefactor Member
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,924 Senior Member
    Well nuts - I was looking forward to discussing technology with you!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
    snake284 said:
    Great News! I never realized on here that things got that serious. You didn't complain much and faced it like a man, so I never had a suspicion what you both were really going through. Sounds like you both are a great life team. I wish I would have gotten to meet you both when she didn't have hair. I would have told her it looks like we have the same barber. Give her a hug from this snake and I hope you both have many many great years left together
    It got a little tense at times, but heck, you just have to keep putting one foot in front of the other.  Gun fund is low and retirement will be pushed back a bit but we are still here and together and that is ALL that matters.

avmech said:
    Awesome update Enzo. Continued prayers to you guys!
    Thank you sir, they are deeply appreciated.

zorba said:
    Well nuts - I was looking forward to discussing technology with you!
    Me too.  It'll happen 😊
  • Vic's ViewpointVic's Viewpoint Senior Member Posts: 1,104 Senior Member
    Best update I've ever read, Enzo. and I couldn't be happier for you both.  I also hope there's a special place in deepest, hottest hell for the female who stabbed you in the back, and I was equally delighted to read how you dished out karma by out-competing her for that account!  Sometimes, justice (poetic and otherwise) is served!  Rocking good job all around to you both.  Pls do keep us posted on the results of the operations now pending.
    Member formerly known as "vlafrank."
    Best update I've ever read, Enzo. and I couldn't be happier for you both.  I also hope there's a special place in deepest, hottest hell for the female who stabbed you in the back, and I was equally delighted to read how you dished out karma by out-competing her for that account!  Sometimes, justice (poetic and otherwise) is served!  Rocking good job all around to you both.  Pls do keep us posted on the results of the operations now pending.
    Thank you my friend.  Yes, it’s been interesting working for the “other side” watching someone trying to use the playbook I WROTE against me 😁

Sure, I will do a final-final once the surgeries are over.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,074 Senior Member
    Glad to hear you and your family have weathered the storm and can see sunlight out on the horizon. Sure sounds like it was a dozy! Here's to smoother sailing ahead!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho