Home Main Category General Firearms

Who coming to SE Shoot owns and shoots/reloads fer 30-30-WIN

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
edited May 2018 in General Firearms #1
I'm sitting on 7 20 rd boxes of Win 30-30 ammo. I think 5 are power points/Sps and 2 are HPs...............I have had them fer over 20 years, haven't bought a 30-30 and at this time in my life probably never will. I also have some brass to get rid of I'll never use.

Anyhow, if 7 ask then 7 get a box or if only one ask they get it all or whatever.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    I have one
    OK, you are #1
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,135 Senior Member
    I have 2 30-30s
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I have 2 of them,
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
    OK 2 boxes each and divide the 7th however y'all want to???

I just got them outta the garage. I put them in gallon Zip-locs in the boxes with desiccant bags a few months ago after I saw what the humidity did to that privi 7.62X54R ammo. These did not corrode like that, just dull lookin brass.

Doing me no good and I wanted to get it you guys who will put it to good use.
    edited May 2018 #6
    Speaking of ammo and brass i have brass for tennmike, and bc and a box of 20g shells for tennmike. You guys remind me so i dont forget like last year and bring them back home again
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Thanks and I have some GULP ........270 and other assorted rifle caliber brass for whoever wants it.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    Even by todays modern standards a Win 94' saddle ring carbine 30wcf holds alot of power in proportion to is compact size and weight. The utilitarian value is arguably timeless.
    Tom Horn used one, until they hung him.
    For him a fast horse would have had more utilitarian value.🐎
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    I've got a couple and I'll pass on the ammo but I'd like the cases if nobody has dibbs. I want more cases to form into .375win cases.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    I look for the brass tomorrow.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I will bring my 30/30 pistol and we can make you some brass.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #14
    I do and I thought I was coming, but life got in the way.
    But I only do one load and it's pretty simple, like 33 grains of IMR 4895 under a 160 grain Hornady Flex Tip Bullet. No screaming velocities, just mundane .30-30 Winchester, but that kills very well out to a couple hundred yards.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I will bring my 30/30 pistol and we can make you some brass.
    Now that sounds interesting
    The funny part is that about 1 month after the Shoot you will find a great deal on a 30-30 that you won't be able to pass up... :D

Then, I'd just order new brass bullets and dies like I do for all the new to me calibers.

Some of this crap I've accumulated over the years has gotta go. I'm not talking if I don't use it for 1 year or two................some I have had over 20!
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,546 Senior Member
    Never give up Chief, I just this year got a 7mm RM that I bought component for probably 35 years ago :D  

Sako
  • sakodudesakodude Senior Member Posts: 4,546 Senior Member
    I've got a couple and I'll pass on the ammo but I'd like the cases if nobody has dibbs. I want more cases to form into .375win cases.
    what is your process for doing this if you don't mind?

Sako
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,429 Senior Member
    The funny part is that about 1 month after the Shoot you will find a great deal on a 30-30 that you won't be able to pass up... :D

Either that or he'll find one on the way home, never fails.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    I do not need any more guns, I will not buy any more guns...........well until I see another I gotta have.   
    He's at walmart eyeing the Marlin 336 that just got tagged $199.99🐒
    knitepoet said:
    Big Chief said:
    OK 2 boxes each and divide the 7th however y'all want to???
    Hey BC, I'll take the 2 boxes of HPs and the other 2 can split the 5 boxes of SPs how they see fit, if that's okay??
    Hey fine with me whatever you guys agree to........besides it makes the arithmetic mo easy.

Funny you said that because the 2 boxes of HPs are in a separate zip-loc already.
    They have a Marlin 336 (?) fer 3 something like $380 ...........never know they just might, but the manager of that section got a wild hair and when they do put one one clearance she does it in smaller increments......

Really though it would have to be a steal, I have no use fer a 30-30 at all.........just range shootin.........now a .45 Colt is a different story.
    They all sounded like a good idy at the time I bought them............I plum fergit the reasoning behind my purchases fer most........made sense and I rationalized them in my noggin.
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    sakodude said:
    Fisheadgib said:w
    what is your process for doing this if you don't mind?

Sako
    I fireform them with a light charge and a wad of paper and then I trim them. I actually have about 100 cases that are headstamped .375win but I'm afraid to lose any of them as they're almost impossible to get now.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    Big Chief said:
    They have a Marlin 336 (?) fer 3 something like $380 ...........never know they just might, but the manager of that section got a wild hair and when they do put one one clearance she does it in smaller increments......

Really though it would have to be a steal, I have no use fer a 30-30 at all.........just range shootin.........now a .45 Colt is a different story.
    BC you know my Marlin 336 has become my go to Hog gun here in Florida.  I have never had a shot at one over 50 yards away as they move through the Palmettos. From not on I will be carrying either a 30-30 or the tennmike .357 mag rifle as I walk through the palmettos.