Home Main Category General Firearms

Keltec recalls some Sub 2000's

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 8,330 Senior Member
Here's the link. It only effect some models made in 2017. https://recalls.keltecweapons.com/

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Scared me until I looked at the year model in question. :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,316 Senior Member
    I am safe ............I don't own one.
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #4
    Mine is being recalled. They sent me a replacement box right away, but it's been over 2 weeks and the shipping label has yet to arrive. They said to be patient - there's a bazillion of these rifles out there and they're working as fast as they can. Fine with me, I love the darn thing. Even festooned with a folding vertical foregrip, optics and lighting accessories (I think I've doubled the original weight), folded up, it fits right in my desk drawer. Soooo cool, and nobody else makes anything like it. KelTec says I'll get a free extra 10 round mag for my trouble. Whoopee. 

Recently, so many manufacturers have recalled so many guns, one wonders if the industry hasn't been taken over by automobile engineers and managers. The new motto for the firearms makers: "There's never enough time to do it right, but always enough to do it over." 

Maybe it's time for government to levy some huge fines on manufacturers of potentially dangerous devices (like guns, cars, airplanes, etc.) that allow defective merchandise to pass from their factories to the public - fines heavy enough to motivate a serious commitment to inspection and quality control. (I'm not worried about costs to them and prices to us going up - the market won't accept higher prices, especially for these manufacturers doing what they should be doing anyway - taking reasonable care and exercising due diligence in the design and production of their merchandise.) 
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #5
    cpj said:

Yeah. That’s exactly what we need is more government intervention into private business. 
    Was your mother an alcoholic during her pregnancy with you?

I was raised in an abusive, dysfunctional family. Both my parents were lifelong Democrats. C'est la vie. 

Not all "government intervention into private business" has to be negative. Would you prefer to have dental care provided by your barber, or by a licensed D.D.S.? While no licensing/inspecting scheme is perfect, and bad people and bad stuff occasionally slip through the cracks, would you rather invest with an unlicensed broker, put your money in an uninsured, unregulated bank, or eat uninspected meat? Or live in a house not built to code? You get the idea.

Private business gets the regulation it deserves. While some regulation stemmed from existing businesses trying to keep competitors from entering the market, most regulation resulted from abuses perpetrated on an innocent public by greedy, unscrupulous providers of shoddy goods and fraudulent services. In most cases, something had to be done. 

For centuries, craft guilds kept the peace between labor and management, insuring the success of both. Big labor in America used to police its own as well, issuing Journeyman cards only to master craftsmen, demonstrably competent in the art and science of their profession, and defending the reputation of their trades against incompetent providers. Subverted by liberals, unions devolved into defending delinquent workers instead of their crafts, interfering with work rules, and demanding constricting contracts from their employers. Sometimes they would strike to the point of destroying the targeted business, and losing all the jobs that were once provided. The abuses became so bad that many states passed right-to-work laws to protect honest labor. Maybe, one day, unions will recover their honor, return to protecting their trades, stop biting the hands that hire them, and start shaking them.