The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 3,760 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #25412
    I got a dvd of the original old time Little Rascals. The boy and I are rolling😄

These shows are timeless.

Got some funny sounding kind of hot dogs for dinner.

• shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    I got a dvd of the original old time Little Rascals. The boy and I are rolling😄

These shows are timeless.

Got some funny sounding kind of hot dogs for dinner.

I don't know what language she speaks but it looks ok, maybe.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 19,805 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #25414
    Someone, I think it was Knitepoet, told me there are two kinds of Garand owners: Those who have had an M1 thumb, and those who will have an M1 thumb.

I got promoted from the second group to the first just now!

Its a bit trickier handling it when you have it field stripped and out of the stock! I don't think it hurt any more than the "Broomhandle thumb" I got with that weapon, but I also think I managed to partly mitigate the symptoms by fast thumb removal! Removal from the gun, not removal from my hand - although it felt that way...

In any event, the Garand now has a clean and freshly oiled bbl.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    👍
    👍
    Should that be throbbing?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,962 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #25417
    zorba said:
    Someone, I think it was Knitepoet, told me there are two kinds of Garand owners: Those who have had an M1 thumb, and those who will have an M1 thumb.

I got promoted from the second group to the first just now!

Its a bit trickier handling it when you have it field stripped and out of the stock! I don't think it hurt any more than the "Broomhandle thumb" I got with that weapon, but I also think I managed to partly mitigate the symptoms by fast thumb removal! Removal from the gun, not removal from my hand - although it felt that way...

In any event, the Garand now has a clean and freshly oiled bbl.
    Guilty as charged :D

Sorry you've gotten "promoted" so rapidly
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Yep - I cleaned my pistols last nite in Nashville, and did the Garand tonite. The thumb will survive, it has a nice black bruise right at the cuticle. I suppose I could say something snarky about ruining my nail polish, but I really didn't have any on anyway...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,183 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Yep - I cleaned my pistols last nite in Nashville, and did the Garand tonite. The thumb will survive, it has a nice black bruise right at the cuticle. I suppose I could say something snarky about ruining my nail polish, but I really didn't have any on anyway...
    That's the sweet spot (cuticle) the Garand loves to squish on the thumb. It's just part of being the owner of a Garand, and it will probably happen again. :# :D
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

It probably will, and I'm sure my Broomhandle is plotting as well. Better not let the two of them commiserate...

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,982 Senior Member
    zorba said:

I asked you about that Sat------got the impression you were above doing that-------:D
    A Veteran is someone that served in the Military, it does not matter where they served.
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,596 Senior Member
    Didn't know we had a Deity on the board...........

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    NN said:
    zorba said:

I asked you about that Sat------got the impression you were above doing that-------:D
    Snort! Yea, right.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,924 Senior Member
    Got up early this morning and decided to go chop and till the greens beans. Dang rabbits eat them up while I was gone. More rabbit poop out there than beans now. :'(
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,074 Senior Member
    Got up early this morning and decided to go chop and till the greens beans. Dang rabbits eat them up while I was gone. More rabbit poop out there than beans now. :'(
    Well that sucks...sure sorry to hear that!
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,074 Senior Member
    edited May 2018 #25426
    Watching California's Gold...a local TV show. Huell Howser is visiting the USS Midway in San Diego. Makes me want to visit there again.
    Oppressors can tyrannize only when they achieve a standing army, an enslaved press, and a disarmed populace.  ~ James Madison
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,762 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Watched "Solo" last night with the wife and 2 youngest trolls, was pretty good, might see it again.
    Saw it on Saturday. Not a bad flick. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 9,596 Senior Member
    jbp-ohio said:
    Didn't know we had a Deity on the board...........

Come on now............. that's a dead ringer!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
    Best way I know of to keep rarebits out of the garden is an electric fence. It's a pain in the patootie to put it up, though. 12 inch high chikkin wire suspended on those cheap fiberglass electric fence posts from Tractor supply ($2.25 each here) and a good 1/4 mile fence charger. Makes them rarebits jump pretty high when they stick their wet little schnozzolas to the wire, though! :D Then the only critters ya have to worry about is the danged deer eating the beans when they are about ready to pick; and the corn, and the squash, and the maters. Them deer will ruin a garden fast.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,962 Senior Member
    I've had more problem with danged trash pandas in my corn, than deer.

The last year I planted corn, I got 5 raccoons  in one night :cuss:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    3 rifles cleaned yesterday, 5 handguns to clean, probably today.

I hate that all the companies have different sized threads and jigs/tips/brushes for their cleaning rods......makes it worse when you have all kinds from different makers in a box over the years.

91/30 wasn't that bad to clean, squirted some Gun Scrubber down the bore and then Hoppes #9 did the trick. All that privi partizan ammo that had green crud on the brass from being in my garage for over 10 years in the humidity, I wanted fired up was by some folks and the youngsters Jerm brought with him.   
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Dang it, I meant to shoot Tennmikes Ruger 9mm carbine and bolt .45 ACP rifle and got distracted. I had reloads and factory ammo to shoot too.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Cheapest gas I saw on my way up and back was in ALA at a Loves truck stop.........2.55 and I saw it for up to 2.95 in some places. I think it was 2.75 at the motel exit.

Little Tommy Tucker and his twin brother and every other mother lover seemed to have added a few cents along the distribution chain as the price per bbl goes up. 

I had some Shell gas cards to use up I get at Publix where if you buy $50 bucks in groceries you can get a $50 gas card fer $40 bucks. They run that about once a month.

Subaru averaged between 31.4 and 33.0 MPG the whole trip.  
    How do these news fools know there isn't a lava fisher somewhere underground where they're standing????Getting ready to surface and incinerate their foolish carcass??????
    Lave fisher? What kind of fish do you catch in lava?

Noticed a bruise on my lower right shoulder this AM, I'll blame that big thumper of Al's. Good thing I'm a Belly Dancer, not a topless dancer!

zorba said:

I'd rather mis-spell it than stand on it.🏃
    Dang, does that mean free Lava soap fer the next century or two is spewing out in HI?
    Big Chief said:
    Dang, does that mean free Lava soap fer the next century or two is spewing out in HI?
    Not to mention.

How do these news fools know there isn't a lava fisher somewhere underground where they're standing????Getting ready to surface and incinerate their foolish carcass??????

zorba said:

I'd rather mis-spell it than stand on it.🏃
    I see people walking on those lava tubes and around those fissures and just shake my head. Even an inactive lava tube is dangerous; if the person walks on a thin part and it breaks through, that cold lava will cut like a sharp knife. Falling into that hot lava would sure flash fry anyone quick, too. I guess the Lord does look after drunks and fools.

With all that gas being spewed out by this eruption of the volcano, it's a good thing that there isn't a tax on emissions like Al Gore wanted. :D That volcano is spewing a LOT of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. And all that fine ash being launched high into the atmosphere occasionally is going to be a problem, too, for everyone. Breathing in that mess is bad, especially for anyone with respiratory problems. And that ash will screw up cooling systems on A/C, and automobiles have a hard time with the air filters getting stopped up and choking down the engines.

I looks plenty frightening to me. I wouldn't stand no where near any of it if given a choice.