SE Shoot picture thread.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,554 Senior Member
    I shot it too - I liked it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,699 Senior Member
    Sure was interesting to see all the different guns folks had at the Shoot, different strokes fer different folks...........garb too eh Zorba!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    edited May 29 #214
    Zorba is OK in my book........mite different than most, but OK.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,973 Senior Member
    I was again reminded at the shoot of why I HATE flash hiders on AR 15 rifles. The noise impulse to the side of them is annoying. As annoying from the side as it is behind the stock shooting one. And the shorter the barrel, the more annoying it becomes.

Eli's 9mm AR pistol is more fun than you can imagine. I think I want one, BAD! Don't NEED one, but I WANT one. No recoil, no annoying muzzle blast, and just way fun to shoot, and accurate to boot. I gave the steel silhouette target some hell with it. I have a couple of undesignated AR lowers that haven't been done up in anything yet. Might have to get off the can and on the stick and put some parts together.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

I mostly double up on hearing protection any mo. Course ear protectors don't do anything fer blast waves... ...........I guess it is just a fact of life these days.

.308 ARs are a real bear if you are on an adjacent firing position.

You just bought a Ruger 9mm carbine and a A-bolt..............got the wants again I see..............we all get'em fer something or the other!
    edited May 29 #217
    I think my Mosin Nagant with that muzzle brake and the 3" .44 mag were flapping the canopy covers and Zorba's multicolored umbrella a bit............
    OK the Blackhawk .45 Colt, .44 mag and .44 Spl all cleaned and only have two more to go. .38 Spl and Buckmark. 

One batch of brass tumbled/vibrated and another to go.

Sorted through my 4 range bags yesterday..........had empty brass/ammo/tools and whatnot in them.

Washed a trash bag full of dirty clothes Sunday night. Pretty much getting sorted out from the trip now. 

• alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,018 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I was again reminded at the shoot of why I HATE flash hiders on AR 15 rifles. The noise impulse to the side of them is annoying. As annoying from the side as it is behind the stock shooting one. And the shorter the barrel, the more annoying it becomes.

Eli's 9mm AR pistol is more fun than you can imagine. I think I want one, BAD! Don't NEED one, but I WANT one. No recoil, no annoying muzzle blast, and just way fun to shoot, and accurate to boot. I gave the steel silhouette target some hell with it. I have a couple of undesignated AR lowers that haven't been done up in anything yet. Might have to get off the can and on the stick and put some parts together.
    Agreed! I had already been considering a 9mm AR pistol, but after shooting Eli's it goes towards the top of my list. So much fun to bang steel with!
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
    U hm Mike, me thunks yer .50 cal has a bit of muzzle blast................
    edited May 29 #221
    I sure enjoyed seeing and 'Shootin' the breeze with everyone who showed up this year. Many old and some new faces.

What happened to SigGal..........did she ever show up?
    Big Chief said:
    U hm Mike, me thunks yer .50 cal has a bit of muzzle blast................
    Yeah, but it isn't a high volume of fire rifle, and you know it's going to make noise when it goes off! :D
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,114 Senior Member
    Being beside an AR can be an adventure too. I was sitting there shooting something and my arse got hot. Stuck my hand back there to see why. Diver had filled my seat full of rounds out of his he was shooting. :D dang that was warm. Gave for a good laugh though.
    Being beside an AR can be an adventure too. I was sitting there shooting something and my arse got hot. Stuck my hand back there to see why. Diver had filled my seat full of rounds out of his he was shooting. :D dang that was warm. Gave for a good laugh though.
    I remember that! Funny stuff! :D :D :D

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,134 Senior Member
    Big Chief did that, also
    I have a need for speed
    edited May 29 #226
    NN said:
    Big Chief did that, also
    Ned, you fell outta a chair all on your own, didn't need my hep with hot brass.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,199 Senior Member
    edited May 29 #227
    tennmike said:

Agreed! I had already been considering a 9mm AR pistol, but after shooting Eli's it goes towards the top of my list. So much fun to bang steel with!
    Study up before building an AR9 pistol. You have to get the right combination of buffer, spring and gas to make them run if you are making an impingement gun.  Even a blowback requires messing with buffer and spring combo for different barrel lengths. Them 9mm bolts are heavy as carp.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,134 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    NN said:
    Big Chief did that, also
    Ned, you fell outta a chair all on your own, didn't need my hep with hot brass.
    I did do that; but, my equilibrium was off due to having been attacked by a drone and could not regulate anti gravity  mechanisms.

However; your hot brass from .22, .223, & 9 mm had been previously a thrill a minute and had me off my rocker thinking I had seen a woman with blue hair.
    I have a need for speed
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,554 Senior Member
    A woman with blue hair? Next thing you'll be saying is that you saw a guy wearing a skirt at the firing line!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • 104RFAST104RFAST Senior Member Posts: 1,220 Senior Member
    When I'm at the range and someone on ether side of me is firing a AR/AK with a muzzle brake I have to just
    back away and let them finish. I'm already totally deaf in my left ear and about 50% in my right but even 
    with ear plugs and muffs the concussion and noise is bone jarring. I generally just ask for another lane. Back in the day,
    I don't remember AR's being that loud outside. Say again !! 
    NN said:
    zorba said:
    A woman with blue hair? Next thing you'll be saying is that you saw a guy wearing a skirt at the firing line!
    Well, no-----but I did see some Asian girls in black and had to crawl under Chiefs table to feel safe-------I actually disguised that move by tipping my chair over and pretending I fell.  
    I claim the .22 and 5.56, but didn't fire any 9mm.

You sure were examining someones 1911 you were shootin like you were fixing to make an offer on it.....................
    Whoever it belonged to, it fed and fired some flat point reloads of mine. Those were some 230 grain 'Copperized' bullets from a now defunct company NBC (Ntl Bullet Co.). 
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,090 Senior Member
    cpj said:

Alphas gal shooting my .243. 
    She had NEVER shot a rifle like that, much less at almost 300 yards. Yet, she went 3 for 3 on an 8”’steel target. 
    So, those who are afraid to step out and shoot some distance.... are sissy’s. 
    Hey, at that range that's a dead deer. Good shooting lady!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    shush said:
    cpj said:

She had NEVER shot a rifle like that, much less at almost 300 yards. Yet, she went 3 for 3 on an 8”’steel target. 
    Well done that man and your rifle also.

Sissy's or just too blind!

cpj said:

cpj said:

Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    edited May 30 #236
    Hey Zorb, nice Garand, of course I think all Garands are nice. I'm kinda prejudice like that about Garands.
    I'm here to tell you, those little hills of Teach's Farm don't intimidate properly. They look like a piece a cake! But they can be a **** and a Half! If you don't believe it just try walking across the firing line. It looks like it's almost level but it's a lot steeper grade than meets the eye. And that surface dust has grease in it. Your tires will spin if you Look at the accelerator too hard. It's a great place to get stuck.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    shush said:
    cpj said:

Well done that man and your rifle also.

Sissy's or just too blind!

cpj said:

cpj said:

Four of a kind still beat a full house?

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

cpj said:

Chris, don't swallow the sausage.
    Hey, there's been a prison escape! Here's two inmates caught on the security camera...
    zorba said:
    cpj said:
    I was waiting for that one, I figured SOMEBODY - probably CPJ - would find that shot irresistible!
    You're a veteran Zorba, you've been there-done that. But to those still with Virginity, a warning is in order. If you go to a SE Shoot, Do Not bend over, Do Not fall asleep in your chair. Also, it is deadly to drink too much and lose your alertness. Be on your toes at all times. Because cpj is forever lurking with his camera and has no Qualms about getting you in his sites while you are in compromising situations. Always walk uprightly and take soft steps. Leave your alcohol in the motel room. If you're tired, go back to the motel and lock the door, or you will end up with your mug on this forum in a position you didn't want the world to see.... He has no shame!!!
    edited May 30 #240
    All BS aside, I'm very sad I couldn't  make it. I had thought my grandson's graduation was going to be a few days before and I would have come if I had to walk. Ask Jerm, I came last year in a Non-AC car and sweated my A off, that's how much I wanted to come. Next year I will be there hopefully with my new significant other.

For those of you that have never made a SE Shoot, I don't care what your feelings are in cyberville, when you meet these people in reality, you're gonna wonder what kept you from coming all these years. They're all kinds there, Yankees, Southerners, Midwesterners, but they all have one thing in common, GUNS! Oh and a love of food, drink and commeradery (Spelling suspect and the Spell check don't know what to do).

This is truly the most fun you can have with your clothes on. And the food is excellent. I will be there again next year if it happens, the The Good Lord Willing and the Creek Don't Rise! I hope to see you all there.
    shush said:

Four of a kind still beat a full house?

Snake double clutched the Quote tab..........................TWICE! :D :D :D