A Gun Census! What The ...

NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior MemberPosts: 4,245 Senior Member
https://conservativefiringline.com/anti-nra-group-calls-for-gun-census-program-as-part-of-effort-to-repeal-replace-second-amendment/

A video posted to Facebook by an anti-NRA group advocates what it calls a “gun census program” as part of an effort to repeal and replace the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.  The group page, Hunters Against NRA, is quite small, with just over 1,000 followers, but the Facebook video has been viewed over 363,000 times.
The individual in the video, identified as “Skylar B.,” says that he is going to propose a nationwide gun census after Democrats take Congress this November.  According to Skylar, a census worker will go door-to-door, looking for anyone seen to be a gun owner.
Those identified as gun owners will be required to state how many firearms they have with a verification process that involves census workers going into the home to search for the weapons, he said.
“They will scour the property looking for firearms,” Skylar says in the video.  He further claims the census will start in two years, “tops.”
I know it won’t fly ... not in the near future but dang. Guess they don’t understand the 4th Amendment or the term Trespassing ... or even further the 3 S’s. I am almost wondering if this is some form of satire or what but somebody needs to check their mental matter ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up0eZ4PRFEQ

“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
- George Orwell

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,539 Senior Member
    edited May 17 #2
    Something tells me that won't go well, if it ever comes to pass (which I HIGHLY doubt, in my lifetime)
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,558 Senior Member
    Face***k.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,707 Senior Member
    Skylar can go Hug A Root!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,260 Senior Member

If'n it ain't on the censor, it can't vote.

Them guns gotta vote.

cjp wrote: »..... Oh dear God, I've admitted to liking something Limey.I'll never hear the end of this.

Jayhawker wrote: »...But seriously Shush....

Big Chief wrote: ».........walking around with a greasy butt ain't no fun, though!

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,673 Senior Member
    I wonder how many census takers will just get "lost" and vanish in rural America...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,539 Senior Member
    I wonder how many census takers will just get "lost" and vanish in rural America...
    Hogs, Buzzards, opossums, Coyotes and insects gotta eat
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,236 Senior Member
    No i aint got any sons, i got girls, what ya say, I dont hear so good, i told ya i aint got no sons.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,978 Senior Member
    Guess I need to get more chikkin wire and concrete blocks, and make sure the boat motor is tuned up...............
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 317 Member

I would think this would fail rather miserably...

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,579 Senior Member
    NCFUBAR said:
    https://conservativefiringline.com/anti-nra-group-calls-for-gun-census-program-as-part-of-effort-to-repeal-replace-second-amendment/

A video posted to Facebook by an anti-NRA group advocates what it calls a “gun census program” as part of an effort to repeal and replace the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.  The group page, Hunters Against NRA, is quite small, with just over 1,000 followers, but the Facebook video has been viewed over 363,000 times.
    The individual in the video, identified as “Skylar B.,” says that he is going to propose a nationwide gun census after Democrats take Congress this November.  According to Skylar, a census worker will go door-to-door, looking for anyone seen to be a gun owner.
    Those identified as gun owners will be required to state how many firearms they have with a verification process that involves census workers going into the home to search for the weapons, he said.
    “They will scour the property looking for firearms,” Skylar says in the video.  He further claims the census will start in two years, “tops.”
    I know it won’t fly ... not in the near future but dang. Guess they don’t understand the 4th Amendment or the term Trespassing ... or even further the 3 S’s. I am almost wondering if this is some form of satire or what but somebody needs to check their mental matter ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up0eZ4PRFEQ

Good grief Charlie Brown. It's face**** for cripesakes.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,020 Senior Member
    edited May 18 #12
    Idiots on the internet have all sorts of stupid ideas
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,953 Senior Member
    He is playing a lot of folks like bitches. 
    His pinned comment on the YouTube video tells people to "quit posting the link to this video!"
    Some dumbassss have chimed in, saying they will post it everywhere blah blah blah. 
    Hello? Mcfly? Reverse psychology much?
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Squawk BoxSquawk Box New Member Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 18 #14
    It is wishful thinking, and delusional, because if any Census worker showed up, and demanded to count guns, some of them would be shot.
    I think there would be a real danger of them being chased down and killed.
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 6,133 Senior Member

Personally, I appreciate these rabid anti-gunners.  They give the rest of the gun control advocates a bad name among those who aren't strongly opined either way.

When there's a mass shooting of some kind, it makes all pro gun folks look bad.   When some group espouses door to door search and seizure of legally owned firearms, and makes news, it give anti gun folks a black eye.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 993 Senior Member
    I'm sure I could borrow my neighbors backhoe to see how deep of a 6'x3' hole it's capable of digging.
    "Those who would disrespect our flag have never been handed a folded one."

“If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry!"

• Squawk BoxSquawk Box New Member Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 24 #17
    What is a good answer to them?
    Guns? I don't have no stinkin" guns! "What day is this?" "Who are you." >:)

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 13,966 Senior Member
    Whoever is doing that better be getting some serious hazardous duty pay and ought to be sure his life insurance is paid up...,

I can hear the conversation now...
    "Do you have any guns in the house?"
    " Wait there for just a second..."
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,311 Senior Member
    If they send some cute little hot number with a big smile guys will spill there guts telling her how many guns they have may even make a few up to keep her there longer.
    The bible thumpers in this area already do that little trick.

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,091 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Hogs, Buzzards, opossums, Coyotes and insects gotta eat
    Gators, don't forget gators, they gotta eat too! The south is full of gators. and most sane people wouldn't go into the south house to house asking People how many guns they have. This is totally in violation of the 2A and many other laws. Gators are hungry critters and don't leave too much evidence behind.

Did Skylar forget we have a Supreme Court he'd have to deal with? I think Skylar is just a kid making noise on the net. He forgets there has to be a 2/3s majority to do away with the 2A, and that ain't happening.

Skylar, go back to your science project and leave legislation to legislators.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,340 Senior Member
    Well I’m safe, I don’t own any guns, my trust owns a few....
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member
  • Nevermiss1Nevermiss1 New Member Posts: 11 New Member
    D efinitely, there is no way this will go well... It won't see the light of the day.
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Shotgun

Shovel

100 acres

Any more questions?

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,091 Senior Member
    edited May 30 #24
    Jayhawker said:
    Whoever is doing that better be getting some serious hazardous duty pay and ought to be sure his life insurance is paid up...,

I can hear the conversation now...
    "Do you have any guns in the house?"
    " Wait there for just a second..."
    I thought you were gonna say, "No, but do you want to play with my gators?"
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.