Local news: Serial sexual assaulter accidentally killed, 'killer' acquitted

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 9,302 Senior Member

Backstory:  Drunk jerk in a bar starts grabbing several different women's breasts.  Drunk dude is leaving, when one of the victim's husbands comes back from the restroom, learns what happened, and follows the drunk sexual assaulter out the door and shoves drunk assaulter.

The sexual assaulter falls, hits his head and dies.

Local DA files charges on the husband that did the shoving. 

Jury finds the 'shoving husband' not guilty.

Texas law DOES authorize deadly force for citizens to prevent sexual assault.  It does authorize deadly force to prevent escape of someone stealing property (yes, it does).  Texas law does not SPECIFIALLY cover using deadly force to prevent a sexual assaulter from escaping.

Thoughts?

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,699 Senior Member
    edited June 1 #2
    Glad the judge acquitted him. Guess the boob grabber wasn't able to grab something shaped like a teat to break his fall..........................he was probably just drunk, but it was a freak accident he died not intentional. A good ole fashioned Texas ass-whupping  should have sufficed.

No jury the video said the judge decided after he waived his right to a jury trial.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,665 Senior Member
    Written law is never perfect.  That is why we have trials where the verdict is handed down by jury "of your peers" so a jury can "bend" the law in the right direction for one of their own, a concept many in the professional legal profession and judges have tried to kill over the years.  In this case the man's peers decided he was not guilty of the charged crime.  The system worked as originally designed.  Yay...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,699 Senior Member
    Again, no peers, no jury.......a judge decided.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,537 Senior Member
    Sucks to be a drunk boob grabber
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,114 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    This.....
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,021 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    That's funny!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,973 Senior Member
    Drunk molester must have gone over backwards and cracked his melon on the pavement. Life's tough; if you're gonna be a molester then best wear a helmet.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• dlddld Member Posts: 325 Member

Backstory:  Drunk jerk in a bar starts grabbing several different women's breasts.  

so it is illegal to grab silicone now >:) , I think what the husband did was justified. 
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    Now days just looking at the fun bags will get you in trouble.
    Yes I looked & was yelled at.
    I better explane that. Was in a bar drinking my Pepsi .......short girl walked up & was talking to me about my Harley.......I am tall ......looking down at her she had a low cut tank top on .......her boobs were large & had glitter sprinkled all over them ........I noticed & she said what are you looking at ......being honest I said your boobs ......she said that is rude .......I said if you didn't want people to look then why put glitter all over them .......yep got called all sorts of names for that one.  After she calmed down she came back up to me & wanted a bike ride.

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,409 Senior Member
    You only get one fatal mistake! Touching that man's wife was his. Right call judge. 
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,871 Senior Member
    edited June 5 #13
    I could give two craps about the deceased, but the shoving hubby wasn't protecting anybody and wasn't looking to detain a fleeing criminal, he was looking to throw down an ass whipping.  Should he be charged with murder?   No... but, I wouldn't feel outrage if he had been charged with something.  I'd look at it as two eh holes had to pay the price for being themselves.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,409 Senior Member
    Somebody gropes your wife and your not going to be angry? You would have no thought about confronting the violator?
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,665 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Again, no peers, no jury.......a judge decided.
    OP said jury found him no guilty.  Story doesn’t give trial details just judge comments.  Regardless it was the right call.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton