Home Main Category Clubhouse

Dirty Harry 6 1990-2008 if was

DirtyDevonHammerhandDirtyDevonHammerhand MemberPosts: 35 Member
For 2 decades Clint Eastwood most Favourite cop role to his fan did 5 movies. If Clint Eastwood did another 6th Dirty Harry movie & last one before his 70's. I was the title Out of the ForceOr Unfinished Business Which story tells how he would finish off the bad guys out of the streets to the deaths. In the end he quite the force for good. You can do your own Dirty Harry 6. I read a few years ago the rumour of his movie Gran Torino can never be a Dirty Harry movie. But I glad it was something else. Reason why I put 1990 t0 2008 because from 2008 rumour has he was going to directing only. Talking of that like his 4th Dirty Harry movie Sudden Impacthe was to direct it as well. The desert Eagle 44magnum is to be featured as his new action gun but his S&W model 29 44 magnum will be in it.

Do you wish a 6th Dirty Harry by C.E 15 votes

Yes
13% 2 votes
Yes directed Clint Eastwood
53% 8 votes
No 5 is enought
33% 5 votes

Replies

  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
  • HvyMaxHvyMax Senior Member Posts: 1,786 Senior Member
    Little scattered but yeah. Maybe something like The Shootist where he is terminal and decides to clean up loose ends.
    Wal Mart where the discriminating white trash shop.
    Paddle faster!!! I hear banjos.
    Reason for editing: correcting my auto correct
  • Fat BillyFat Billy Senior Member Posts: 1,813 Senior Member
    Are all the bad guys going to be in their 70's? Guns on walkers don't seem too exciting. :popcorn: Later,
    Fat Billy

    Recoil is how you know primer ignition is complete.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Fat Billy wrote: »
    Are all the bad guys going to be in their 70's? Guns on walkers don't seem too exciting. :popcorn: Later,

    Hey, gotta do what ya have to do.............



    [IMG][/img]AT-Walker2028Small29.jpg
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • BigslugBigslug Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    Big Chief wrote: »
    [IMG][/img]AT-Walker2028Small29.jpg

    A man's gotta know his limitations. . .

    Here's the thing. . .Harry Callahan was policing the SF Bay area when perceptions may have been that the place was salvageable. Truthfully, Dirty Harry would have bugged out of that place years ago.

    We talk about going to the movies and engaging our "suspension of disbelief" for the sake of an entertaining story. We accept stuff like magic in Harry Potter, faster-than-light travel in Star Trek & Star Wars - that sort of thing - in order to be amused for a couple hours.

    With the Sean Connery/Nicholas Cage movie The Rock, I had a very hard time with that: I had to somehow shift my brain into thinking that the possibility of a dozen VX gas rockets being fired into SF and Oakland would be a bad thing. Couldn't do it. Same problem with Dirty Harry still putting forth the effort in his '80's. Time to let the franchise go.
    WWJMBD?

    "Nothing is safe from stupid." - Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,663 Senior Member
    bisley wrote: »
    Huh?
    :that:

    Uh, What?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • samzheresamzhere Banned Posts: 10,923 Senior Member
    HvyMax wrote: »
    Little scattered but yeah. Maybe something like The Shootist where he is terminal and decides to clean up loose ends.

    Sounds like a good premise. I think that maybe Eastwood is himself too old for acting nowadays, being in his 80s. But of course his being the "terminal" Dirty Harry would be fine.
  • dlddld Member Posts: 412 Member
    "This poll will close on 02-23-2018 at 02:17 AM"

    take you time to vote, you got several years
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,958 Senior Member
    Anything with Clint Eastwood is worth watching.

    JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • TugarTugar Senior Member Posts: 2,222 Senior Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    A man's gotta know his limitations. . .

    Couldn't do it. Same problem with Dirty Harry still putting forth the effort in his '80's. Time to let the franchise go.

    That and the Deagle is overrated.
    Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
    Winston Churchill
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    I like his movies, but I am a bit surprised by how revered he is by people, especially with him being on record as being FOR gun control.
  • DirtyDevonHammerhandDirtyDevonHammerhand Member Posts: 35 Member
    Bigslug wrote: »
    A man's gotta know his limitations. . .

    Here's the thing. . .Harry Callahan was policing the SF Bay area when perceptions may have been that the place was salvageable. Truthfully, Dirty Harry would have bugged out of that place years ago.

    We talk about going to the movies and engaging our "suspension of disbelief" for the sake of an entertaining story. We accept stuff like magic in Harry Potter, faster-than-light travel in Star Trek & Star Wars - that sort of thing - in order to be amused for a couple hours.

    With the Sean Connery/Nicholas Cage movie The Rock, I had a very hard time with that: I had to somehow shift my brain into thinking that the possibility of a dozen VX gas rockets being fired into SF and Oakland would be a bad thing. Couldn't do it. Same problem with Dirty Harry still putting forth the effort in his '80's. Time to let the franchise go.
    Yes you right it time to let the Franchise go & Dirty Harry as well it Clint Eastwood gig only. The serious action cop character only to be played Clint Eastwood.
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    Flashover wrote: »
    I like his movies, but I am a bit surprised by how revered he is by people, especially with him being on record as being FOR gun control.

    How so?
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

    NRA Endowment Member
  • FlashoverFlashover Member Posts: 390 Member
    Despite being heavily associated with firearms in his Westerns and cop movies, Eastwood has publicly endorsed gun control since at least 1973. In the April 24, 1973, edition of The Washington Post, the star stated that "I'm for gun legislation myself. I don't hunt."[327] Two years later, in 1975, Eastwood told People magazine that he favors "gun control to some degree".[328] About a year later, Eastwood remarked that "All guns should be registered. I don't think legitimate gun owners would mind that kind of legislation. Right now the furor against a gun law is by gun owners who are overreacting. They're worried that all guns are going to be recalled. It's impossible to take guns out of circulation, and that's why firearms should be registered and mail-order delivery of guns halted."[329] In 1993, he noted that he "... was always a backer" of the Brady Bill, with its federally mandated waiting period.[330] In 1995, Eastwood questioned the purpose of assault weapons. Larry King, the television host and newspaper columnist, wrote in the May 22, 1995, edition of USA Today that "My interview with Eastwood will air on 'Larry King Weekend' ... I asked him his thoughts on the NRA and gun control and he said that while people think of him as pro-gun, he has always been in favor of controls. 'Why would anyone need or want an assault weapon?' he said."[331]
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    Flashover wrote: »
    I like his movies, but I am a bit surprised by how revered he is by people, especially with him being on record as being FOR gun control.

    Yeah, BUT! I've been to the People's Republic of Calipornia, and some of the people there will make you think Gun Control might be a good idea. I was born, raised, and live in Texas and believe it or not, most people here are Boringly normal **** sapiens and you can readily see how a society of peoples might just have the common sense to manage a deadly weapon without being a menace to society. But If I lived in such a place as Eastwood does, I MIGHT, just possibly be a little anal about the subject myself. Well that and the fact the industry he lives in preaches it. Also, Eastwood seems to have become much more conservative in his later years.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,670 Senior Member
    Flashover wrote: »
    Despite being heavily associated with firearms in his Westerns and cop movies, Eastwood has publicly endorsed gun control since at least 1973. In the April 24, 1973, edition of The Washington Post, the star stated that "I'm for gun legislation myself. I don't hunt."[327] Two years later, in 1975, Eastwood told People magazine that he favors "gun control to some degree".[328] About a year later, Eastwood remarked that "All guns should be registered. I don't think legitimate gun owners would mind that kind of legislation. Right now the furor against a gun law is by gun owners who are overreacting. They're worried that all guns are going to be recalled. It's impossible to take guns out of circulation, and that's why firearms should be registered and mail-order delivery of guns halted."[329] In 1993, he noted that he "... was always a backer" of the Brady Bill, with its federally mandated waiting period.[330] In 1995, Eastwood questioned the purpose of assault weapons. Larry King, the television host and newspaper columnist, wrote in the May 22, 1995, edition of USA Today that "My interview with Eastwood will air on 'Larry King Weekend' ... I asked him his thoughts on the NRA and gun control and he said that while people think of him as pro-gun, he has always been in favor of controls. 'Why would anyone need or want an assault weapon?' he said."[331]

    I always thought Eastwood to be somewhat of a libertarian type. This revelation is a total surprise to me. I always see his image attached to a statement going something like "I'm in favor of gun control, as long as it is me controlling the gun."....or something like that.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    Politicians and actors, by their nature, evolve according to public opinion, and according to which segment of the population they want to find favor with. It's who they are and what they do. They need acclamation, and unless something in their lives has imposed a stark reality onto them that overwhelms that particular 'survival instinct,' they will always roll with the punches and take the path of least resistance. Most people don't really know what they, themselves think about any controversial issue, until something has caused them to really focus on it and do some sincere soul-searching. I have changed my mind dramatically, on all sorts of things throughout my adult life - it's just that nobody can pin much of anything on me that I was wrong about, because I wasn't making a public stand on anything. Everybody flip-flops on something, unless they are just too intransigent to admit they were wrong.

    Most of us, on this forum, have been influenced by people who have been in life threatening situations, or who have, themselves, served in the military or law enforcement. We know, and have known for a long time, what we think about the use of lethal force against our enemies, and have defined criteria for determining who our enemies are. This is not always the case for those involved in 'the arts,' or for highly educated people who have spent more time in serene settings, rather than at the knee of their WWII fathers or grandfathers, or out there in the real world finding out for themselves.

    All that means to me is that celebrities have a public voice that they can use to further their careers, or in some cases, the causes they do care deeply about. It doesn't mean that they are right, or honest, or knowledgeable in what they speak about. It just means that they have a platform from which they can be heard by lots of people. It doesn't bother me that much when they flip-flop, because I only judge them by what they have accomplished anyway. Some are just weak and can be swayed by a strong wind. Others were naïve in their youth and took a long time to grow up. Others still, simply became smarter, and may regret the things they said before they became smart. Either way, I don't have to hate or fear them, because I am always going to require more information from better sources on anything they say, anyway.

    Clint Eastwood is a likeable guy, who has made lots of movies with scenes in them that represent ideas that are similar to what I already more or less believed about some things. I identified with those particular things and appreciated having some kind of confirmation, however weak, that I wasn't alone. But, Clint also loves (or has loved) jazz, piano playing, singing poorly, and pale, skinny, bug-eyed girls (Sandra Locke), which do not appeal to me.

    On balance, I would have to say that Clint is about like every friend I have ever had - flawed, but with more good qualities than bad - so I like him when he agrees with me, and avoid him when he doesn't. :silly:
  • DirtyDevonHammerhandDirtyDevonHammerhand Member Posts: 35 Member
    @Bigslug you right I should have read long ago but I read in Coming Soon of the article of Best Franchise. After Deadpool Clint Eastwood didn't want to continue with role. Although he could have till 2008. Well there only 5 films. Prequel with his Scott playing the role. How he choose the S&W 44 & becoming a Inspector. That will be great. Bruce Willis Die Hard Franchise. There going to be prequel soon. Young John McClane. That Franchise like Dirty Harry & Charles Bronson death wish which now Bruce Willis has in reboot although he good in that as he was in Die hard, Bruce Willis also done 5 films.
  • shushshush Senior Member Posts: 6,259 Senior Member
    Your internet must be really slow.
    3 years old?

  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    The man is 88 years old. Let him rest. 
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,749 Senior Member
    A man's got to know his limitations.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.

Advertisement