Home Main Category Clubhouse

TS Storm Hype

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
They were building up this TS storm like it was a CAT#3 hurricane for days........so far rain and a lot of it....so for now Subtropical Storm Alberto is falling apart.

I guess they are damned if they do and damned if they don't. Same fer local, state agencies.

They overdid this one a but IMHO, though. All the talk about one developing before hurricane season starts.

There is some serious flooding in Maryland, not from this storm, but the same weather patterns that created it. 
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,650 Senior Member
    Yea, my wife was getting all freaked out over it...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • centermass556centermass556 Senior Member Posts: 3,534 Senior Member
    NOAA says that bad boy is gonna shoot all the way up the river valley into Canuuk land. Haven't seen one do that in a while. I hope the levies hold.
    "To have really lived, you must have almost died. To those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know."
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,823 Senior Member
    It didn't become a disaster until my wife's annoying friend come over to tell there us we had a tree branch that fell in the yard. NEWS FLASH! It fell two days ago under it's own accord! A TS is just a crappy day, but once a storm gets named it's Armageddon!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,265 Senior Member
    They all want to be stars & have a contest of who can do the dumbest things live on TV.
    I still think driving into a tornado is the dumbest of all.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,395 Senior Member
    During the hurricane coverage in FL and the coastal states in the Gulf the reporters always get out in rain gear and chest high waders to dramatize the flooding after the storm has died down. I keep waiting for an alligator or three to go swimming by one of those fools standing in crotch high water and the gator maybe having a taste testing. Or a few water moccasins using them for a dry spot to get out of the floodwater. If that ever happens there's going to be some serious water acrobatics as the reporter makes for dry(er) land.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    On Monday, Diver43 and I drove to Destin to buy more shrimp and when we drove past the boardwalk, it was just spitting a little rain and it was a little breezy. Later on the news they showed a reporter on the beach at the boardwalk around the same time we had driven by and they made it look like he was standing in a cat 3 storm.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 10,903 Senior Member
    On Monday, Diver43 and I drove to 4Destin to buy more shrimp and when we drove past the boardwalk, it was just spitting a little rain and it was a little breezy. Later on the news they showed a reporter on the beach at the boardwalk around the same time we had driven by and they made it look like he was standing in a cat 3 storm.
    You must be talking about the guy wearing goggles on the beach talking about being pelted by blowing sand while in the background a family was frolicking in the rough surf.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    They do get silly trying to make the weather appear worse than it is on camera.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Diver43 said:
    On Monday, Diver43 and I drove to 4Destin to buy more shrimp and when we drove past the boardwalk, it was just spitting a little rain and it was a little breezy. Later on the news they showed a reporter on the beach at the boardwalk around the same time we had driven by and they made it look like he was standing in a cat 3 storm.
    You must be talking about the guy wearing goggles on the beach talking about being pelted by blowing sand while in the background a family was frolicking in the rough surf.
    That must have been the FOX News report I saw. Guy wearing goggles and several families and other people having some fun in the water walking behind him along the beach. The people seemed to be having a good time wading in the surf! :D
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,650 Senior Member
    Whatever happened to just REPORTING the news, not SENSATIONALIZING it?

I was once asked to stick around for an interview about some dead fish I'd seen in a canal. The first question out of the reporter's mouth was something like "Were you frightened when you saw the dead fish?" - I guess I was supposed to be scared that whatever killed the fish would affect me?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,119 Senior Member
    That reminds me of a reporter I saw a few years ago.  He was fully decked out in his hurricane gear putting on a good show of struggling to stand up in the high winds.......not realizing that there was a guy in the background just strolling by with no effort and no rain gear.  facebook laughing emoticon

That reminds me of a reporter I saw a few years ago.  He was fully decked out in his hurricane gear putting on a good show of struggling to stand up in the high winds.......not realizing that there was a guy in the background just strolling by with no effort and no rain gear.  facebook laughing emoticon

Sounds like a stunt that fool Jim Cantore from The Weather Channel would pull. There was a photo of him on the FL Sportsman Forum of him in full rain gear talking about a hurricane coming; in the background of the photo were three guys in shorts and t-shirts drinking beer and looking at him like he was some kind of weird strange bug that landed in their driveway! :D Jim Cantore is the Drama Llama of the weather reporting drama club!
    ― Douglas Adams