2nd Amendment/MAGA Advertising and CCW

2»

Replies

• NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 882 Senior Member
    shush said:
    Nomadac said:
    I wear a blue cap with  USA on the front and a 45 on the left side and have never had a problem. I doubt that many even know what the 45 represents.

Maybe they think it is your age, and you have just had a hard life?

The 45 stands for Trump being the 45th President.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,569 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    They are so tolerant as long as you agree with them. Hypocrites.......
    I'm all for tolerance - but its a two way street.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    edited May 22 #34
    Now, if I can just disguise an AR to look like a cane. 
    Get two of em, make em look like crutches.Big recoil pads with long barrels. Put cans on the end with rubber guards.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 21,096 Senior Member
    Living in small town Texas has its perks. Just don't piss off the locals. We do have a few trees around.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • bobbyrlf3bobbyrlf3 Senior Member Posts: 2,433 Senior Member
    I've been thinking about getting a MAGA hat just for fun with the relatives. :D
    Knowledge is essential to living freely and fully; understanding gives knowledge purpose and strength; wisdom is combining the two and applying them appropriately in words and actions.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,068 Senior Member
    bobbyrlf3 said:
    Let me know how that goes.

I'm going to have a liberal house guest in a couple of weeks, for 2-3 days - my wife's favorite cousin and a very nice person. The last time we had a conversation, it meandered into gun control, and he started crying the first time I asked a logical question. I thought that I was being very civil, even gentle. But, when I looked around, all of the women had gathered round, and were 'shooting daggers' at me with their eyes. All of the other men had quietly melted into the dark corners, or bolted towards the great outdoors. When I noticed that I was alone in the midst of a pack of mother hens, I quickly joined them.

I have never quite gotten the hang of "getting in touch with my feminine side." How do you have a meaningful conversation with someone who cannot even bear to think about the possibility that violence might actually exist, somewhere in the world?
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,812 Senior Member
    edited June 6 #38
    bisley said:
    bobbyrlf3 said:

I'm going to have a liberal house guest in a couple of weeks, for 2-3 days - my wife's favorite cousin and a very nice person. The last time we had a conversation, it meandered into gun control, and he started crying the first time I asked a logical question. I thought that I was being very civil, even gentle. But, when I looked around, all of the women had gathered round, and were 'shooting daggers' at me with their eyes. All of the other men had quietly melted into the dark corners, or bolted towards the great outdoors. When I noticed that I was alone in the midst of a pack of mother hens, I quickly joined them.

I have never quite gotten the hang of "getting in touch with my feminine side." How do you have a meaningful conversation with someone who cannot even bear to think about the possibility that violence might actually exist, somewhere in the world?
    Tell them you will respect their views and will be a good witness with your cell phone instead of your firearm when some gremlin confronts them to steal, rape, kill, and destroy them.
    Is that not feminine enough?:)   
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,968 Senior Member
    bisley said:
    bobbyrlf3 said:

I’d drag out a few guns, especially the scary ones while he was there. 
    But, I’m an asshole when it comes to inlaws. So I’ve been told, anyway. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,068 Senior Member
    Well...the story goes like this: His father was an alcoholic, and abusive to his wife and kids. He held a gun to the head of his wife for hours one night, while all the kids were forced to watch. So, I guess it's possible that he has a visceral fear that cannot be overcome by logical argument on that subject.

Anyway, he is a decent man, whom I otherwise respect, so I will be a good host by not bringing up an uncomfortable subject. Controversy can be huge fun, but not at the expense of a nice person who doesn't really mean any harm.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,080 Senior Member
    My sister was like that. The sight of a gun actually made her sick to her stomach. But then, she had other problems too. 

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
2»