Belgian killer was on "leave" from prison!

FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior MemberPosts: 5,211 Senior Member
Yesterday on the news, the talking heads stated that the Belgian person that murdered someone one day, and then stabbed two police officers and took their guns and murdered them with their own guns, and then shot and killed another person was out of prison on a two day leave. Apparently Belgium let's prisoners out for a day or two to give them a vacation. It's kinda tough to wrap my mind around such an incredibly stupid policy.
snake284 wrote: »
For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,978 Senior Member
    I guess that Belgian prison inmate released on leave needed a little more training on interpersonal relationships before being released on 'vacation'.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,873 Senior Member
    Seems like that liberal minded program didn't work so well.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,068 Senior Member
    No doubt, this is a policy implemented by the same government that probably refused the guy bail, due to 'flight risk.' They will now claim that they were right, because he didn't leave the country.
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,289 Senior Member
    Muslim?
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,211 Senior Member
    bellcat said:
    Muslim?

His name was Benjamin Herman which doesn't sound Muslim but he was shouting "allahu Akbar" while he was shooting people.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,978 Senior Member
    bellcat said:
    Muslim?

His name was Benjamin Herman which doesn't sound Muslim but he was shouting "allahu Akbar" while he was shooting people.
    Muslim, or followers if Islam, does not denote a nationality or race. There are many races and nationalities that have adherents to that religion. Looking for a middle eastern name as confirmation is a path to nowhere.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• JamesAPrattIIIJamesAPrattIII Member Posts: 150 Member
    The police officers killed were both females aged 54 and 44. it looks like he stabbed them both and took their handguns. It looks like this inmate really practiced up on his knife fighting while inside.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,608 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Muslim, or followers if Islam, does not denote a nationality or race. There are many races and nationalities that have adherents to that religion. Looking for a middle eastern name as confirmation is a path to nowhere.
    That's right, just take a look at the Balkans. They are loaded with Muslims that look European.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
  • HappySquidHappySquid Member Posts: 241 Member
    That vacation is what we call parole over here.
    and no, there are people on this side of the pond that are not happy with this "parole" crap :(