Vehicle in Ohio caught on camera driving in reverse on highway

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,721 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,552 Senior Member
    edited June 7 #2
    I heard about this last night on the news.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,210 Senior Member
    edited June 8 #3
    Times are tight nowadays. Can't afford to miss work. I'm sure the fine was more than a days wages though.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,043 Senior Member
    Had to drive to work in reverse, lost forward dive and almost parked it but tried reverse and it worked so drove the last 9 miles that way. Of course I was not on the freeway.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,583 Senior Member
    My cousin did this a few years back, transmission problems.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,721 Senior Member

zorba said:
    My cousin did this a few years back, transmission problems.
    I had a Ford Tanus(?) back in the 70s in Germany. Couple days after I bought it went to the commissary and parked it facing a brick wall. Took me awhile to find reverse..........for some reason or the other hadn't needed to use reverse with it yet.

After much frustration thinking something was wrong with it and almost ready to push it backwards into the parking lot and use the forward gears I figured it out.

It took some weird manipulation of the shifter on the column I got it to work. Wasn't anything like on US cars. I think it was a 4 speed forward, can't remember.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,583 Senior Member
    Lift up or push down on the stick while shifting into reverse?
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,721 Senior Member
    I just remember it was nothing like any US car getting it into reverse. There was a trick, maybe where 1st gear was and pushing or pulling and then up?? Long time ago. 
  • shootbrownelkshootbrownelk Senior Member Posts: 2,000 Senior Member
    That wasn't in Denver was it?  That pot can make a fella do weird things I hear.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,318 Senior Member
    Actually, he was doing better in reverse than a lot of OH drivers do in their everyday lives.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.