Youngest graduates tomorrow...

CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior MemberPosts: 4,218 Senior Member
My daughter will graduate HS tomorrow. 

Is it too early to convert her room into reloading station?
The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Ayn Rand

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,980 Senior Member
    No. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,305 Senior Member
    If she does not start paying rent, no.
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 6,318 Senior Member
    edited June 7 #4
    When I got back from boot camp, my room was a walk in closet...

I have 363 days until the youngest (#3) graduates HS. #1 grads college in Dec. #2 is headed to a campus and a apartment for his last 2 years in Aug.
    Losing the first deduction hurt, but when the boy moves out, the change in food bill should cover the tax loss.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,218 Senior Member
    When I got back from boot camp, my room was a walk in closet...

I have 363 days until the youngest (#3) graduates HS. #1 grads college in Dec. #2 is headed to a campus and a apartment for his last 2 years in Aug.
    Losing the first deduction hurt, but when the boy moves out, the change in food bill should cover the tax loss.
    My son stops by about once a week. The food loss from those four hour visits should be tax deductible. 

Ayn Rand
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,479 Senior Member
    Congratulations!

Don't rush it. You'll miss her soon enough.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,721 Senior Member
    Daughters are different and it sometimes takes a bit longer to gently push them outta the nest.

Congrats!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,816 Senior Member
    If you bought her a pickup as a graduation present and loaded her stuff in it, then you can claim her room for reloading.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,552 Senior Member
    Congrats to the young lady.

And NO, you should at least give her 3 months before moving your reloading equipment into her room.

I suggest moving in 1 piece of equipment a week, until she gets the "hint"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

CHIRO1989 said:
    If you bought her a pickup as a graduation present and loaded her stuff in it, then you can claim her room for reloading.
    Is a Subaru Outback sufficient?

Ayn Rand
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,694 Senior Member
    I left for college, came ‘home” for Christmas and was instructed to put my stuff in the “guest room”?!?!?!?!?!  Yep, it was my old room.  Anything I didn’t take with me was thrown out or given away.  Fresh paint and a nice flower pattern bedcover to make sure it was clear to me that this was NO LONGER my room...
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,816 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Is a Subaru Outback sufficient?
    Probably not for a girl, probably should have gotten her a Ryder truck off the used lot:)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11

Ayn Rand
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 698 Senior Member
    I don't think we're far from you. Wife and I are in Spokane for a grandson's graduation. Headed back to southern Oregon in the morning. 

Hawk
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,871 Senior Member
    Congratulations!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    hawk18 said:
    I don't think we're far from you. Wife and I are in Spokane for a grandson's graduation. Headed back to southern Oregon in the morning. 

Hawk
    Nope not far...Spokane is about 60 miles from Sandpoint, ID. 

Ayn Rand
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,025 Senior Member
    Congratulations!!

I think it took about 10 seconds for us to start remolding our son’s room when he moved out...but that was about 4 years after he graduated high school. 
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx