The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,554 Senior Member
    Hopefully they won't try to undervalue the truck and total it...
    Stick to your figurative guns. I had State Farm try to total my car back in 2011. I told them "Not only 'no', but 'HELL no!'. Fought with them for 5 weeks before they saw it my way and fixed it. "It was just fine before your client hit it, I really don't G.A.S. what you, or anybody else, thinks its worth. I want it fixed."
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,021 Senior Member
    Found out Convict Lake is only about an hours drive from Toulumne Meadows on the north side of Yosemite. Gonna take a day trip there for sure. 
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,451 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    So, who's gonna go see "Dinosaurs Eating People 5.0" when it comes out in a couple of weeks?
    I'll be taking the boy.
    They're better than the old Japanese Godzilla movies I watch when I was his age.🐒
    Yep, the effects are a bit better, aren't they? But "Gamelan vs. Godzilla" and its ilk have a certain charm - I mean, what's not to like about a giant turtle that flies by exhausting flames from its rear leg holes?

All I know is they must have some big frightening moths in Japan😮
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,946 Senior Member
    ALL I want to do is watch some mind numbing television. No learning, no thinking, just waste brain cells. 
    But no. Netflix wants to be a **** head. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,871 Senior Member
    Hopefully they won't try to undervalue the truck and total it.  According to Edmunds, it should be worth around $10,000 to $12,000 but if you look closely at the details, it is actually a pretty rare truck.  A little over 752,000 first generation GMC Canyon/Chevy Colorados were made between 2003 and 2012, most with 2.8-2.9L 4cyl or 3.5-3.7L 5cyl.  But between 2009 to 2012 they offered the 5.3L V8 as a factory option.  There were only about 4,000 made with the V8......I have one.
    I liked that setup. Nice truck. 

The insurance company won't care.  They have a formula that they apply to it.  The "drop dead" number varies, but usually stays close to 70% of the value of the vehicle.  You should be fine. 

Should be. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    I watched a fire engine in full emergency mode leaning hard through a curve today. You can be impressed by race cars all you want but that machine was a thoroughbred being ran by a skilled driver.
    Ordered some Lubriplate for the Garand - once I got into it, and started to understand what I'm looking at: That rifle is D-R-Y! No wonder Jerry had to grease the trigger assy...

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,805 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    ALL I want to do is watch some mind numbing television. No learning, no thinking, just waste brain cells. 
    I can send my boys over, they can lose all of your remotes too, leave it in some video game configuration on the TV, and somehow get the wi-fi to turn itself off.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,873 Senior Member
    Officially on vacation throughEnjoy your away time Sunday. Heading to Convict lake in the AM. I’ll take a picture or 2, but there is no cell service there. I like going places with no internet and no cell service. 
    Enjoy your away time
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    CHIRO1989 said:
    cpj said:
    I can send my boys over, they can lose all of your remotes too, leave it in some video game configuration on the TV, and somehow get the wi-fi to turn itself off.
    This was just Netflix being dumb. I wanted to watch second season of Jessica Jones. It wasn’t happening for whatever reason. Started Altered Carbon instead. 
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,805 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    cpj said:
    This was just Netflix being dumb. I wanted to watch second season of Jessica Jones. It wasn’t happening for whatever reason. Started Altered Carbon instead. 
    I actually fixed what I posted tonight, right after I let them know what I thought of the $483.64 phone bill because the wi-fi has been "off"
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,114 Senior Member
    Finally got my camper moved to the other side of the driveway where it won't block the carports. Now I got to order a longer power cord to reach where I plug it up. Was going to make my own with SO cable. After figuring up the cable and the ends for the cable. It was almost 30 bucks cheaper just to order a 50 foot 30 amp one. May come in handy at some campgrounds that the hook up is far away.

Also ordered some of those wheel thingies that go between the tires and ratchet against the tires to keep them from moving. Missies don't like the camper rocking. :D
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,041 Senior Member
    Officially on vacation through Sunday. Heading to Convict lake in the AM. I’ll take a picture or 2, but there is no cell service there. I like going places with no internet and no cell service. 

Have fun, I like Convict lake.
    Are you staying put there or doing some sightseeing.
  • GilaGila Posts: 259 Member
    Officially on vacation through Sunday. Heading to Convict lake in the AM. I’ll take a picture or 2, but there is no cell service there. I like going places with no internet and no cell service. 
    Would this be located north of Bishop?
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    I have never managed a way to take a vacation in the past 38 years. Now days I don't work to hard so I guess that's my vacation. Yet I still am a happy camper !  lol
    Managed to lose my set of fire alarm keys in a place just now. 10-12 different keys. On a custom made (thrown together) holder. 
    Im not leaving till they are found. 
    And the TOP thing that pisses me off....losing something. 
    Zee
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 2,310 Senior Member
    I loose so much so often .....I just shake my head ,mumble a bit then wonder how long it will take to find what I lost. A couple things I lost I have been looking for & haven't found in 3 years yet. I will find them.
    That's what I have a wife for - finding crap that I lose. And I lose a LOT of stuff...

Found them in the van. Hanging where they aren’t supposed to be hanging. 
    Zee
    cpj said:
    Found them in the van. Hanging where they aren’t supposed to be hanging. 
    Punch the idiot responsible...

• Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 5,994 Senior Member
    I have been working evenings during harvest for 10 days now. It will probably last through the weekend. I am missing quite a few Tee ball and coach pitch softball games but Uncle Sugar will sure be proud of the hours I have put in.  
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    zorba said:
    That's what I have a wife for - finding crap that I lose. And I lose a LOT of stuff...
    That's what I have a wife for - losing stuff that I set in a specific place for a specific reason.  She calls it 'cleaning'.
    Ah, but she then knows where it is! As turned out to be the case just now. Looking for the neutral block to attach a 3/0 neutral to a ground/neutral bar in my service panel. She knew right where it was 'cause she'd put it there!

Of course, the damn thing might as well have stayed lost - even though its made by Cutler-Hammer for a Cutler-Hammer panel, the mounting screw is the wrong size...

zorba said:
    That's what I have a wife for - losing stuff that I set in a specific place for a specific reason.  She calls it 'cleaning'.
    If I intend to not lose anything, it gets placed in the garage. If it’s on the table, the wife or youngest child (especially) moves items to clean. 
    Of course, I’m bitched at for “leaving my stuff everywhere” when 98% of the **** on the table or the cabinet....ain’t mine. 
    Zee
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,134 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    That is Clean as well; however, I call it OCD
    I have a need for speed
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,973 Senior Member
    I have been working evenings during harvest for 10 days now. It will probably last through the weekend. I am missing quite a few Tee ball and coach pitch softball games but Uncle Sugar will sure be proud of the hours I have put in.  
    Sock that spare money in the retirement fund. It will grow while you're making more to put in there.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

I think I've found my new "home"...

Been hearing about this place for a few months, stopped in today as I needed a bolt.

Hardware store that has been in business for 138 years - and it looks like it. Don't even *TRY* to find anything, that's what the guys are there for! More industrial in focus so they don't compete too much with Homeless Despot or Blowes - and they have EVERYTHING. Big Box stores usually don't have what I *really* want anyway, and I have to "make do" with "whatever".

Oh, and the bolt I needed? "Made in USA". I'll be back!

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 724 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    zorba said:
    Ah, but she then knows where it is! As turned out to be the case just now. Looking for the neutral block to attach a 3/0 neutral to a ground/neutral bar in my service panel. She knew right where it was 'cause she'd put it there!

It doesn't work that way in my house.  My wife has a habit of moving things and later not only does she not remember where she moved it to, she doesn't remember moving it at all!  ........until I find it, then she goes "Oh yeah!  I remember moving it now."  facepalm smiley