I wish....

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 9,448 Senior Member
Just watched the Forgotten Weapons Video on the Magnum Research Lone Eagle:

Man, I wish they still made those.  I had a chance to buy one in .30-06 back in 1995 or so for like $300 and, like an idiot, passed on it.  I may have to start saving up and get one off one of the auction sites.

What else do you still wish they made?

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,287 Senior Member
    Uncle Mike's rubber grips for Ruger Blackhawks.

Hunter 1100 holsters with the rention strap facing the right way so it slides by brush in the woods.

I'll think of more later.
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,295 Senior Member
    High Standard H-D.....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 38,870 Senior Member
    I passed on a Savage Striker .308  WITH decent scope for $300 or $275, can’t remember exactly I’ve blocked out the memory. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,605 Senior Member
    Lugers. C96 Broomhandles. 
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,321 Senior Member
    $400 Pythons when S&W 19s were $300.  “I’ll pick one up later,” I said.  “Colt will always be around,” I said.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,331 Senior Member
    Savage M-99 with brass rotating mag, and High Standard pistols.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,051 Senior Member
    Gee, thanks for reminding me of all the ones I passed on too
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• RaptortrapperRaptortrapper Posts: 75 Member
    edited June 12 #9
    I'd like to find a Colt Anaconda in 45 Colt that can actually shoot.  They have extremely inconsistent throats, and can't shoot past 25 yards well enough to call them a hunting handgun.  Surly there's one out there somewhere that shoots well.

And I wish they still made the Bog Pod pistol stands.  I hear those things are AWESOME!
    Some people are like a slinky-- not much fun till you push them down the stairs!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 23,934 Senior Member
    Just watched the Forgotten Weapons Video on the Magnum Research Lone Eagle:

Man, I wish they still made those.  I had a chance to buy one in .30-06 back in 1995 or so for like $300 and, like an idiot, passed on it.  I may have to start saving up and get one off one of the auction sites.

What else do you still wish they made?

I have three. One in .22 Hornet, one in .223, and one in .308 Win. >:) :)
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,162 Senior Member
    I am in the Savage Striker camp too.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 27,825 Senior Member
    I'd like to find a Colt Anaconda in 45 Colt that can actually shoot.  They have extremely inconsistent throats, and can't shoot past 25 yards well enough to call them a hunting handgun.  Surly there's one out there somewhere that shoots well.

And I wish they still made the Bog Pod pistol stands.  I hear those things are AWESOME!
    Thank God my Anaconda .44 suffers from no such issues.  It’s a tack driver!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    Yeah the .44's are awesome!   But the 45 Colts are horrible.  I mean the one I had was so bad it was even hard to look at it!  Finally couldn't stand it any more and sold it.
    Some people are like a slinky-- not much fun till you push them down the stairs!
    Ya know, I've tried multiple times to upload the pictures of my three Lone Eagle pistols. I keep getting this message:
    "The file failed to upload." when I try the drag and drop method. And that failure to upload is with a 599 x 499 image size! When I try to paste the picture URL the freakin' 'Image URL' box and EVERYTHING concerning uploading the picture disappears when I right click to paste the URL in the box. This picture upload on the forum is messed up worse than an explosion in a soup knife factory. I'm done; ya want pictures, then you can want in your left hand and poop in the right hand and see which one fills up faster.

tennmike said:
    Ya know, I've tried multiple times to upload the pictures of my three Lone Eagle pistols. I keep getting this message:
    "The file failed to upload." when I try the drag and drop method. And that failure to upload is with a 599 x 499 image size! When I try to paste the picture URL the freakin' 'Image URL' box and EVERYTHING concerning uploading the picture disappears when I right click to paste the URL in the box. This picture upload on the forum is messed up worse than an explosion in a soup knife factory. I'm done; ya want pictures, then you can want in your left hand and poop in the right hand and see which one fills up faster.

Did you get your damn iPad yet?
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,349 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

It seems to work for some people but it doesn't work for me either. I gave up trying to post pictures a while ago.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,987 Senior Member
    edited June 12 #17
    Savage Striker
    Pachmayer Dominator
    XP-100
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,448 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    XP-100
    Not an XP-100, but it’s a single shot, center gripped gun:
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/11/m48-nch-nosler-custom-handgun/
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,271 Senior Member
    horselips said:
    Lugers. C96 Broomhandles. 
    Me too!

Marlin 39As with straight stock and 1894c with octagon barrel in .357 should also make a comeback.
    I wish Marlin and S&W would finally admit that the extra safeties are stupid and a waste of machining time and make them quietly go away like Remington did with the ultra idiotic J lock.
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,987 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    XP-100
    Not an XP-100, but it’s a single shot, center gripped gun:
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/06/11/m48-nch-nosler-custom-handgun/
    For stupid money. 

No thanks. 
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
    $2500 is a bit steep, but it is a sexy handgun. 
    Zee
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,644 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    $2500 is a bit steep, but it is a sexy handgun. 
    Almost wine bottle model sexy!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,349 Senior Member
    I'm guessing that some of Ernie's pistols pass that price by a bit so that price doesn't seem all that unreasonable for what you're getting.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    tennmike said:

Nope. Just got my credit card bill today. Now I can do the cogitatin' on the numbers and see where the 'gun, fun, and wild women' fund stands. But that's beside the point. Get the techno geek IT folk lined up and kick them in the yams about a dozen times, and tell them the kicking will continue until they fix the stinking mess they made. If they were working for me they'd have been fired a week after they loaded this abortion on the server. Every time I've tried to load a picture, a picture of the IT folk pop into my head. It's a picture of monkeys trying to impregnate a football. :) And I'm being generous in that assessment.

Snort!

I won't say anything about the forum software as it works fine for me, albeit with a lot of wasted screen space, blah, blah, blah...

BUT

This reminds me of a comment I've said on more than one occasion: Back when I was writing software for a living, I would have been FIRED WITH CAUSE - and rightfully so - if my software was as poorly written as some of the crap promulgated on the public these days. Especially embedded code. Not only do I think some/most of these code monkeys didn't pass CS-101, I think many of them didn't even *take* CS-101! And some of them work for the largest software companies in the world.

Buggy and latency, latency, latency!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    tennmike said:
    tennmike said:

Nope. Just got my credit card bill today. Now I can do the cogitatin' on the numbers and see where the 'gun, fun, and wild women' fund stands. But that's beside the point. Get the techno geek IT folk lined up and kick them in the yams about a dozen times, and tell them the kicking will continue until they fix the stinking mess they made. If they were working for me they'd have been fired a week after they loaded this abortion on the server. Every time I've tried to load a picture, a picture of the IT folk pop into my head. It's a picture of monkeys trying to impregnate a football. :) And I'm being generous in that assessment.
    They don’t work for me.  Hell I don’t even work here.  I only do this moderator BS because I love the abuse and crappy attitude of the masses...
    The drag and drop option worked for about a week, and that's gone Fouled Up Beyond All Recognition. The older pull up the photo file, click on the photo, and then click OPEN to upload hasn't worked for a few weeks. And the IMAGE URL box makes the whole dialogue box disappear when you right click to paste the IMG URL into the dialogue box. I think someone in the server farm has been molesting the hamsters and has them a mite skittish.

Drag n drop works fine for me!

edited June 13 #30
    Dude..... 
    Dude..... 
    yep. He’s a male belly dancer. Weird as hell, but a good guy. 
    Zee