FBI agent accidentally fires gun while dancing at a Denver nightclub

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 31,722 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,483 Senior Member
    That guy pulled the trigger when he picked up the fallen gun from the floor.

Finger off the trigger.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,739 Senior Member
    The Elaine Bennis school of dance and gun handling!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,722 Senior Member
    Was it a Glock?
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,586 Senior Member
    "Backflip"...

Impressive if you can do it, but physics (gravity) wins every time!

-Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • AxeAxe Member Posts: 369 Member
    Sounds like the FBI and Marshalls service need some remedial traing in safe weapons handling. Wasn't to the Marshalls service that had a agent shoot himself in the leg while talking to students in a school? Afew years ago I think. 
    They say if your ever drop a gun just let it fall don't try and grab it in midair...........well he did that or couldn't..........the second part is keep yer B*U*G*G*E*R hooks off the trigger when you do pick it up!
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,290 Senior Member
    I usually unchamber before I start busting a move😆
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,695 Senior Member
    Axe said:
    Sounds like the FBI and Marshalls service need some remedial traing in safe weapons handling. Wasn't to the Marshalls service that had a agent shoot himself in the leg while talking to students in a school? Afew years ago I think. 
    Yeah, he was the only one in the room qualified to handle a Glock 40... 🤔
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,305 Senior Member

This is where the term "Only Ones" in reference to police came from

To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,695 Senior Member

A classic!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,298 Senior Member
    edited June 4 #12
    What are the odds he was drinking? It's 12:25 in the morning, he becomes the entertainment. What are the odds.

I guess some agents really need manual thumb safeties, if they plan to carry in condition 1!

"Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,985 Senior Member
    “The clubs manager wasn’t sure the agent had been drinking. “

Lets do some Monday morning quarterbacking.... 

It’s a bar. 
    It’s after midnight. 
    Theres a white bread honky mother **** attempting to dance and do back flips. 

Man. I’m not sure if he was drinking or not either ...
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,997 Senior Member
    Seems like when the FBI isn't losing firearms by leaving them in vehicles or restrooms, they're negligently discharging them shooting themselves or someone else.

And the gun didn't 'accidentally discharge'; it had help, as in 'negligent discharge'. If ya gonna bust some moves on the dance floor while carrying, then a good retention holster would be a good idea. Sayin'.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

The Denver DA charged him with second degree assault pending possible additional charges when the toxicology results become available.

The FBI is conducting sn internal investigation.

The victim has retained legal counsel with a local ambulance chasing attorney famously seen on local tv commercials.

🐒
    The Denver DA charged him with second degree assault pending possible additional charges when the toxicology results become available.

The FBI is conducting sn internal investigation.

The victim has retained legal counsel with a local ambulance chasing attorney famously seen on local tv commercials.

🐒
    The victim SHOULD do that. I hope the worthless p o s agent gets jail time, and the victim gets rich. 
    Zee
    The Strong Arm will get him more zeros than Cheerio cereal factory.
    The agent faces a judge today.

Me thunks he is in deep kimchi .
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,874 Senior Member

The victim SHOULD do that. I hope the worthless p o s agent gets jail time, and the victim gets rich. 
    This.  It sucks that an ambulance chaser is going to get a cut, and, that it will be you and I paying for this, rather than the agent himself... still needs to happen. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,559 Senior Member

It's been a while since I've seen that one...
    He handled it better than Tex Grebner did in his infamous video
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Is Tex still doing YouTube videos?
    edited June 13 #22
    They say NEVER try and grab a gun as it falls when you drop it .............cause you may grab it by the trigger and fire it..........better chance of it not going off if you just let it hit the ground. Makes sense.

And when it does hit the ground........be careful when you grab it.........like keep yer b*u*g*g*e*r hooks outta the trigger guard.
    Big Chief said:
    I believe so, at least they’ve showed up on my YouTube feed. Archery videos. Not sure how new they are. 

He DID have an excellent line though:
    ”I just **** shot myself.”
    Zee
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,212 Senior Member
    They gave a little more info about that case this morning and claimed that they're still waiting on the toxicology report results. How come a small town police department can get a detailed toxicology report in a day but the DOJ can't get one in a week and a half? Incidentally, the agent was supposedly a retired Army captain.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    cpj said:
    Big Chief said:
    I believe so, at least they’ve showed up on my YouTube feed. Archery videos. Not sure how new they are. 

He DID have an excellent line though:
    ”I just **** shot myself.”
    Be hard to shoot yersef with an arrow................but I imagine it can be done.
    They gave a little more info about that case this morning and claimed that they're still waiting on the toxicology report results. How come a small town police department can get a detailed toxicology report in a day but the DOJ can't get one in a week and a half? Incidentally, the agent was supposedly a retired Army captain.
    What, they didn't Expedite the toxicology test????
    I got the impression that the Denver PD was handling the toxicology testing???

If so the delay is not a surprise to me.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,997 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Be hard to shoot yersef with an arrow................but I imagine it can be done.
    You don't know the half of it! It can and HAS been done, a LOT. I remember when the overdraw arrow rests first came out so you could use shorter, lighter arrows to increase arrow speed. There were quite a few broadheads through wrists before the 'Whisker Biscuit' arrow rest came out. Wounds were just NASTY, too.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 1,298 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:

If anyone can do it, I bet Tex could.
    "Facts are stubborn things and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of the facts and evidence" — John Adams
    A Denver judge ordered he could have his gun back today.

Maybe should have allowed only one bullet to be carried in his pocket?
  • GilaGila Posts: 272 Member
    Has he been reassigned to Mayberry?
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ