YIPPEE, I got a "robo-foot" (boot)

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 18,207 Senior Member
Some of you may know that I injured both achilles tendons back the end of January this year.

Being the hard headed individual that I am, figured, "Oh, just pulled them, they'll get better soon enough."

Well, they haven't, especially the right one. So, off to the saw-bones I go this morning. He guesses I partially tore them. In the 5 months or so since, the tears have healed, and they're just "mad" about it.

He told me it's about 50-50 between resting and therapy making them feel better. Since school has me too busy for therapy, I chose to try the "resting" first. To aid in that, I now have a "robo-foot" to wear for the next month.

I've already figured out that it has to come off to drive, and am waiting to hear back from my instructor about my clinicals. I'm not sure I can stand it for a full 12 hours anyway, so either way, I'm probably going to spend part of the day in my regular shoe.

It won't let me rotate the upload
Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,959 Senior Member
    I had to wear one of those for about 4 months back in Y2K when I had a dancing accident and cracked my fifth metatarsal in my right foot. Traipsed all over Greece in the darn thing!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,207 Senior Member
    Sounds like fun... NOT
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,504 Senior Member
    I had to wear one of those last year for 6 weeks which included multiple plane trips.  Imagine wearing one through TSA, then tying to get it between the rows of seats on an airliner.

Hope you are out of it soon!
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    edited June 15 #5
    I had to wear one of those last year for 6 weeks which included multiple plane trips.  Imagine wearing one through TSA, then tying to get it between the rows of seats on an airliner.

Hope you are out of it soon!
    No thanks on the 6 weeks and flying with it.

And thanks

The goal is get the right one "happy" and then if the left one is still "mad" switching to it for a month as well.

• Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,878 Senior Member
    You, hardheaded!!??
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,959 Senior Member
    Flying with it? Best thing that ever happened. I could walk, I was just very slow - so I requested wheelchair assistance. Absolutely fantastic the entire trip, got a bulkhead seat, was wheeled to the head of the line, wheeled from gate-to-gate, etc, etc.

Mine was locked in position at first, but by the time I flew to Greece, it was unlocked and could bend at the ankle.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,476 Senior Member
    I hope it does the trick.
    Thanks guys

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,187 Senior Member
    Hope that does the trick!
    It also looks to be of a configuration that might be useful for using to kick someone in the butt to get their lungs, and brain, started. :D
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

Thanks Mike, and possibly.
    This one has no capability to flex

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 28,119 Senior Member
    Big Al1 said:
    You, hardheaded!!??
    I know I'M shocked  :D
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,187 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Thanks Mike, and possibly.
    This one has no capability to flex
    The inability to flex makes it even more appropriate for that secondary use I mentioned! :smile:
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

I know, that's why I mentioned it ;)

Enzo, you and Al should be....

I'm such a big softie

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 28,119 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    I know, that's why I mentioned it ;)

Enzo, you and Al should be....

I'm such a big softie
    HA!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,504 Senior Member
    Heal fast, hey.
    This message has been deleted
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,550 Senior Member
    I bet you could kick some arse with that. B) Hope it works out.
    Thank you gents

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,631 Senior Member
    That ain't no fun.

Bugs don't stand a chance if you stomp them with that on.

Get better soon.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Thanks BC

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,504 Senior Member
    FYI, on mine, a tec-lock would clip right on the straps. They look a lot better with a big knife or holster strapped to the boot
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    FYI, on mine, a tec-lock would clip right on the straps. They look a lot better with a big knife or holster strapped to the boot
    I LIKE IT!!!

Thanks for the idea

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Well that looks like no fun at all! But if it helps thing heal up right, it will be with it. How about the left foot? 
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    Since it's the less painful of the two, it gets to wait until the right one is better