Dedicated meme thread...............

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,609 Senior Member
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson

Yes, he is on a swing....but still!
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,255 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,416 Senior Member
    Facebook Laughing animated emoticon
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    So a 4 band resistor (?) Gold, Red, Blk, Red.

Gold first band (?) 5% tolerance, Red 2 Black 0 = 20 X 100 = 2000 Ohms or 2K Ohms?

Been so long I had to use a resistor calculator.........think it is right.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,653 Senior Member
    It’s right. The only reason I know that one is that I used rbem
    daily for 13 years. That’s the end of line resistor required for Honeywell alarm panels. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    I got lazy and it's hard to see the bands, so I use a digital multimeter and it should be within tolerance of what what I'm looking for in a bag of new parts to build a kit. 

Course that won't help if after you lift a leg and slap a meter across it trying to see if it's bad if you don't know what the value is supposed be. 

Good things about resistors like that is a lot of times they give visual indications they are bad, like burnt looking or bubbly on the surface. Not always, but sure a good indicator of where to start looking and the try and determine what caused them to burn out.  
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,653 Senior Member
    I NEVER attempt to figure out the
    code. Been burned too many times. Years ago when I “knew” how to do it, and recently when I used an online calculator. Which works great, if you can actually see the correct color.....

So, Mr Fluke tells me what I need to know. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • wizard78wizard78 Senior Member Posts: 993 Senior Member
    edited June 13 #555

“If gun control laws actually worked, Chicago would be Mayberry!"
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,616 Senior Member
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

And I always kept cab fare in my right shoe, too. That way I didn't get arrested! :D
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

• FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 418 Member
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,296 Senior Member
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

knitepoet said:
    ROFLMAO animated emoticon
    jbp-ohio said:
    Wrong, on SO many levels...

I guess I probably shouldn't find it as freaking HILARIOUS as I do

• coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,835 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    jbp-ohio said:
    Wrong, on SO many levels...

I guess I probably shouldn't find it as freaking HILARIOUS as I do
     Same.  Just about spit out my breakfast!🤣
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 418 Member
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,012 Senior Member