Home Main Category General Firearms

Which one of these rifles would you like to own, if any?

2»

Replies

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    I want a 5.56 AR, but not at those prices. I'm not a hard core AR guy but I would love to have just one and in 5.56. I can get a very nice one from my LGS for around $700 ish.
    Build you one.

• BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,484 Senior Member
    About the only thing you can't build cheaper is the Ruger 9mm and maybe the 10/22.  That keltec looks like it should say Taurus on it.  1300.00 for a mid length saint? Please.  My build didn't cost near that and has some really good parts in it.  under 1k and will outshot a saint I bet.  At least at speed it will for sure.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • shotgunshooter3shotgunshooter3 Senior Member Posts: 5,742 Senior Member
    Out of those, the Brownells BRN-601. I've wantes a retro AR for awhile but the Colts were way too spendy. 
    - I am a rifleman with a poorly chosen screen name. -
    "Slow is smooth, smooth is fast, and speed is the economy of motion" - Scott Jedlinski
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,206 Senior Member
    As others have stated, one or two caught my attention, but not enough to motivate a trip to the LGS or preferred internet sites.

The Ruger PCC is on my list.

I'm hoping for a 45ACP or 40S&W. Not holding my breath, & realize the false hope and time will show how much resolve I actually have. 
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,798 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    Big Chief said:
    A couple look interesting enough, but most are too ARish...........for my tastes. 

Didn't see anything that turned my crank here. The AR types were more expensive than I want to pay for one. I want an AR in 5.56 Nato but knowing that a nice one can be had for $500-$700 and seeing everything on here was was much higher, I'll wait til my tax return comes back. I can get a very nice one for around $700.
    No more than you shoot, a budget - built AR-15 from Palmetto would open the door for you into the AR platform. You like the classic bolt guns, so the AR platform will probably always just be a novelty for you. Once you tweak an AR-15 till it makes it a better mid-range varmint rifle than your custom built .223 bolt gun, you may be sorry you ever started playing with LEGO toys. :)
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    You got me pegged bisley, you're exactly right. The AR is also just so I have something that will pour out the rounds in an emergency, and as you say for the novelty. You may be correct on it creating another addiction too. That's the way things like that go.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    snake284 said:
    I want a 5.56 AR, but not at those prices. I'm not a hard core AR guy but I would love to have just one and in 5.56. I can get a very nice one from my LGS for around $700 ish.
    You can build a perfectly adequate one for sub $500 nowadays.
    Yeah, I imagine I can, but if I start building them I might get hooked on the leggo aspect and that's all I need in my life is another addiction. I will try to stay away from that and, as you said once, live vicariously through you guys. And my LGS Guy need business and I support him all I can. I don't want him to go away. It's convenient having him here. And he has good coffee.
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
  • neosamneosam New Member Posts: 28 New Member
    My favorite is the Weatherby Vanguard First Lite.