Home Main Category General Firearms

Nosler has a new custom bolt action handgun for 2018

2»

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,398 Senior Member
    I wonder if I can order a Howa barreled action and just have it designated as a pistol on the 4473 when I take possession of it at the LGS?
    If it has a rifle length barrel on it, then that would be a NO! as it is going to be designated as a rifle action at the factory. Gonna have to get a bare action and go from there. Just buy a barrel that fits, cut it off, screw it on, and hopefully it will headspace without any lathe work.

With a center grip stock the trigger wouldn't be excessively hard to do. I have several bullpup rifle drawings that show how to do that.  I have the needed woodworking bits for a router that for some strange reason fit the collets for the milling machine, and could be used to make the action and barrel channels. The regular mills could do the rest of the wood removal.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,670 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    To me, a center grip is meh. 

I think it looks great - but center grips haven't been a "thing" since the Borchardt pistol. There's probably a reason for that...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Center grip has its place, and can be done so that it is comfortable to shoot. The trigger mechanism can also be made to make for a no creep no rattle around affair, too. Just about every semiauto pistol you'll ever shoot is a center grip design. I don't hear folks gripe about a well tuned 1911! :)
    ― Douglas Adams
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 23,670 Senior Member
    Then we're having a semantic issue - but I see what you're saying.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    zorba said:
    Then we're having a semantic issue - but I see what you're saying.
    Nah. Just pointing out the obvious............ :D
    ― Douglas Adams