Additional risks owning, carrying, being seen with firearms

2»

Replies

• BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,555 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    I remember that video, that cop is a murderer. Period. 

Pretty much.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,951 Senior Member
    Not sure I would say "this could happen to any of us", if the report that he was pointing the rifle out the hotel window is accurate.

I do agree with the be discreet, blend in approach mentioned by others. I back my car into the garage to load/unload all the range toys when we go. My garage is set up so there is no view of my safe or reloading equipment from the street. I close the curtains or blinds when I dry fire and such.

Now we live in a townhome community, we are all sorta on top of each other here. People could, if they wanted to, have a pretty good view of me moving up and down the staircase. Would one of my neighbors call 911 because they see me walking down the stairs carrying a rifle? Not sure. Would that bring the police to my door? Don't know.

I guess if it should happen, my only approach would be to hopefully follow instructions better than this young man did. 
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,083 Senior Member
    Or- - - - -just maybe- - - - -you could choose to live somewhere that your neighbors aren't complete idiots.  When our one and only bunny hugger in the community for miles around had a stupid attack and made some threats, and then fired his gun in an irresponsible manner, he was the one who ended up going to jail.  It only took him two trips to the crossbars hotel and a suspended sentence for him to sort of get the message.
    Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,951 Senior Member
    Yeah...there is that also.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
2»