The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,037 Senior Member
    Or all magazines clips...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,529 Senior Member
    About time you admit it is dresses you wear
    This message has been deleted
    NN said:
    About time you admit it is dresses you wear
    Sometimes it is - that's never been a secret. But far more often its a damn SKIRT! Cheaper and easier!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    The new wood filler arrived yesterday. So far, it seems to fit the bill, and certainly is easier to deal with than "Plastic Wood". I'll see what happens after it dries.

• GilaGila Posts: 623 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    And I’d post a pic, but enabling java script to do so enables the spam that has infiltrated the forum.
    I had Spam for dinner last night...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    FAX needs to die, die, die, die, die! A technology that is grossly obsolete that just refuses to go away...

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Oh yeah, remember thermal transfer fax machines with the spool of paper! 
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    Oh yeah, remember thermal transfer fax machines with the spool of paper! 
    All too well. The technology made sense back then. Now, not so much...

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 8,979 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    What the heck is that crap I posted? I meant to paste in a bad joke - I guess the joke's on me!
    I just hope Snake doesn't  quote it....... 🤐
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,103 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Wife says she was trying to fax something somewhere. Said it didn’t go through. Me, the problem solver, said: “why don’t you email it?” “Because I don’t have the email Address to send it to.” “Ummm.....why not ask for it? “ My wife wonders where my Oldest gets her “I can’t “attitude. I swear if they were on an escalator and the power failed, they wouldn’t know how to get down.
    Adobe has a scanner app that is simple enough even a maintenance supervisor like me can use it.  Stupid simple.  Take a pic, send document any one (or all) of 75 different ways.  

I bet she knows how to use her smart phone. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,026 Senior Member
    edited June 28 #30613
    When I was hired by my current employer 5 years ago and was setting up my home office (yes, I get to work out of my house instead of commuting to an office) I was required to have a fax machine.  Since they were paying for it, I picked up a combination printer/scanner/copier/fax machine.  I have used the fax function exactly once.......
    And yes, I remember when a fax machine was new-fangled technology.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,657 Senior Member
    Ever dialed the FAX number by mistake...............and fer you Zorba.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,529 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Ever dialed the FAX number by mistake...............and fer you Zorba.

What gets my goat is when places you have to call have the fax hooked up to the line and not the answering machine.
    This message has been deleted
    edited June 28 #30616
    Years back I had some idiot somewhere calling my work number with a FAX. I kept yelling into the receiver, "THIS IS NOT A FAX MACHINE!!!!". Eventually, it stopped (after several weeks).

• bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,509 Senior Member
    I am continuously stunned by how many companies and public sector orgs still use faxes- or, as I call it 'the height of 1970's technology'
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,251 Senior Member
    Been raining since before daylight this morning. Got about 2 inches so far. It's finally tapering off now. Total is now 4 1/2 inches since Saturday. June sure has been a wet month!
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

I am continuously stunned by how many companies and public sector orgs still use faxes- or, as I call it 'the height of 1970's technology'
    WORD. And they base their entire workflow around them.

Today is combination padlock day. This lock was purchased in early 1976 to go on a locker in the electronics classroom at my high school, and has been used for many things since then. Today is 6-28-18 - its combination! Yes, the ammo box was at the shoot. Pictured here with the hair-flowers I received the other day.

Ha!  Now I can get into your ammo box!  Now if I could only find your house.........
    zorba said:
    Years back I had some idiot somewhere calling my work number with a FAX. I kept yelling into the receiver, "THIS IS NOT A FAX MACHINE!!!!". Eventually, it stopped (after several weeks).
    You will enjoy this then:  When I got my fax set up 5 years ago I got a dedicated line for it.  I have never given that number to anyone I want to talk to but telemarketers call it all day long 7 days a week.......and get an earful of fax machine.  :D
    edited June 28 #30623
    Ha!  Now I can get into your ammo box!  Now if I could only find your house.........
    I keep it right behind the muzzle of my Garand... >:)

More seriously, come to the shoot next year, I'll let  you check it out!

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,213 Senior Member
    Been hot as balls this
    week. Worked in a metal building, up near the ceiling for three days. It was hard physical labor. Dead tired and sore  at days end. 
    Today, it’s been EASY physically. But I’ve say behind this mother **** piece of **** dog **** computer for hours. 
    I’d go back to sweating my sack off in a HEARTBEAT over messing with this prick of misery computer. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    Don't hold back cpj .........how do you really feel ?
    Its raining again...

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,571 Senior Member
    Well 9:20 and the night before we go camping. Once again after 9 o'clock before I got to sit down. Had over a 2 hour delay after I got home this afternoon getting things all packed up. Due to the interwebs and social media I will post the reason why tomorrow night when I get to the campground and get things set up.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,571 Senior Member
    High point for the win. . Glock trigger doesn't have holes in it

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    That is still one ugly gun !
    I thought with time I might think differently ..........NOPE !

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,258 Senior Member
    Thunder storms here, been hot and humid.
    Have been dry walling upstairs bed room and painting and glad I am done, sweating way too much.
    We are having visitors starting tomorrow and needed a third guest bedroom. Could have used a 4th one but already made it into a walk in closet.