Maryland- - - - -free fire zone for the bad guys!
It's hard to gen up much sympathy for the victims of the latest shooting, considering the restrictions on self defense they have chosen to impose on themselves:
Check out the hoops those people have to jump through just to be able to defend themselves (Copy/paste from the state CCW website)
Wear and Carry Permits may be issued to any adult (18 years of age or over) who meets the following criteria:
- An applicant between 18 and 21 years of age may only be issued a wear and carry permit to possess a regulated firearm required for employment. - P.S. 5-133 (d)(2)(v)
- Has not been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor for which a sentence of imprisonment for more than one year has been imposed; or convicted of a criminal offense for which you could have been sentenced to more than 2 years incarceration.
- Has not been convicted of a crime involving the possession, use, or distribution of a controlled dangerous substance;
- Is not presently an alcoholic, addict, or habitual user of a controlled dangerous substance unless under legitimate medical direction;
- Based on an investigation, has not exhibited a propensity for violence or instability that may reasonably render the person’s possession of a handgun a danger to the person or others;
- Has a good and substantial reason to wear, carry, or transport a handgun, such as finding that the permit is necessary as a reasonable precaution against danger.
- As of October 1, 2013, has successfully completed the Maryland State Police approved firearms training course within 2 year prior to submitting the original or renewal application.
ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite