The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

1101910201022102410251118

Replies

  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,657 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I saw a few business cards with US currency images printed on them passed out over the years......they will get folks attention and a chuckle fer sure. Whether it sticks with the recipients to be the one to call or not, I dunno.   
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    I have found a good way around visitors is to tell them where the motels & restaurants are located .
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,402 Senior Member
    Spent most of yesterday closing off the top of the chicken coop with chicken wire. Half of the coop has a tarp roof but a 10x10 portion was open on top and yesterday morning one of Debbie's favorite chickens was missing. We had four bantam chickens and he was the smallest and he was gone so I figure an owl or hawk got him as there were signs of a struggle but no half eaten carcass. At least it was a rooster and it won't affect my egg supply. The only reason I even got some bantam chickens was that I like making pickled eggs with the smaller eggs.
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
    .
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,037 Senior Member
    edited June 29 #30635
    Old Ron said:
    That is still one ugly gun !
    I thought with time I might think differently ..........NOPE !

    Which one?

    I agree that they're both ugly, but I think the Hi-Point looks "somewhat" better than the Glock!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,264 Senior Member
    Spent most of yesterday closing off the top of the chicken coop with chicken wire. Half of the coop has a tarp roof but a 10x10 portion was open on top and yesterday morning one of Debbie's favorite chickens was missing. We had four bantam chickens and he was the smallest and he was gone so I figure an owl or hawk got him as there were signs of a struggle but no half eaten carcass. At least it was a rooster and it won't affect my egg supply. The only reason I even got some bantam chickens was that I like making pickled eggs with the smaller eggs.
    That little guy was a kool looking bird
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Old Ron said:
    That is still one ugly gun !
    I thought with time I might think differently ..........NOPE !

    Which one?

    I agree that they're both ugly, but I think the Hi-Point looks "somewhat" better than the Glock!
    Both is my answer......just makes it to cheap & toy looking. Kind of like chrome & nickel guns ...... I always thought of them as show off guns.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,037 Senior Member
    Agreed - I have the Hi-Point version as it was SO stupid that I couldn't resist! Got one of the very last ones (only 200 made, thank Goddess!) available.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • GilaGila Posts: 623 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Agreed - I have the Hi-Point version as it was SO stupid that I couldn't resist! Got one of the very last ones (only 200 made, thank Goddess!) available.
    Should have gone for a useful Taurus instead...


    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,571 Senior Member
    What is that.
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,213 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    zorba said:
    Agreed - I have the Hi-Point version as it was SO stupid that I couldn't resist! Got one of the very last ones (only 200 made, thank Goddess!) available.
    Should have gone for a useful Taurus instead...


    Just because he wears a dress and make up doesn’t make him gay. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,264 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Gila said:
    zorba said:
    Agreed - I have the Hi-Point version as it was SO stupid that I couldn't resist! Got one of the very last ones (only 200 made, thank Goddess!) available.
    Should have gone for a useful Taurus instead...


    Just because he wears a dress and make up doesn’t make him gay. 
    If he wore a dress it may be questionable, but its a SKIRT
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,026 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Well........it looks better than any other Glock I have seen...... :D
  • GilaGila Posts: 623 Senior Member
    What is that.
    Supposedly the most concealable pistol ever made.  The model is engraved on the slide...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,213 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    cpj said:
    Gila said:
    zorba said:
    Agreed - I have the Hi-Point version as it was SO stupid that I couldn't resist! Got one of the very last ones (only 200 made, thank Goddess!) available.
    Should have gone for a useful Taurus instead...


    Just because he wears a dress and make up doesn’t make him gay. 
    If he wore a dress it may be questionable, but its a SKIRT
    He wears both. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    Big jump in the conversation from ugly guns to dresses & skirts!   lmao
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,657 Senior Member
    Relax Zorba, you are safe from up-skirt photo perverts trying to get a peek.............................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,037 Senior Member
    Big Chief said:
    Relax Zorba, you are safe from up-skirt photo perverts trying to get a peek.............................
    Thank Goddess for small favors. Still, I was keeping an eye on CPJ at the shoot!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,512 Senior Member
    Feels like 40 mph hot gusts here ahead of an incoming cold front. Going into a building adjacent to a sports field I spy a small biplane pulling a big banner. I'm thinking that pilot has more guts than brains. They must have been thinking the same thing. When I came out they was gone.✈
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,213 Senior Member
    Did the widow fleeing today. Got rained out last week, and I got off work at noon today. (Worked till 1:30 AM)  I figured I’d get the yards done. IT WAS HOT AS BALLS. Waked 12 miles in 96-ish degree temps, I’m about whipped. Still have two left, one will get done tomorrow, one Sunday. Probably. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,103 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Did the widow fleeing today. Got rained out last week, and I got off work at noon today. (Worked till 1:30 AM)  I figured I’d get the yards done. IT WAS HOT AS BALLS. Waked 12 miles in 96-ish degree temps, I’m about whipped. Still have two left, one will get done tomorrow, one Sunday. Probably. 
    Look, I'm okay with whatever, but I have to know... what is it with you and balls?  Are you switching teams?
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Its raining again...
    That's a Supertramp song
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,213 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Did the widow fleeing today. Got rained out last week, and I got off work at noon today. (Worked till 1:30 AM)  I figured I’d get the yards done. IT WAS HOT AS BALLS. Waked 12 miles in 96-ish degree temps, I’m about whipped. Still have two left, one will get done tomorrow, one Sunday. Probably. 
    Look, I'm okay with whatever, but I have to know... what is it with you and balls?  Are you switching teams?
    Might as well! 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    High was 85 today. AccuWeather's forecast for next Friday is 108...yikes!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,037 Senior Member
    Wife and I went to see "Dinosaurs Eating People 5.0" today. Had all the expected elements, and the ending pretty much predicts 6.0: "Jurassic Planet".
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,512 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Wife and I went to see "Dinosaurs Eating People 5.0" today. Had all the expected elements, and the ending pretty much predicts 6.0: "Jurassic Planet".
    Took my son to see it last weekend. I told him an author named Mary Shelley told the same story along time ago.

    Yea right Dad😕
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,571 Senior Member
    Had 3 paragraphs typed to explain the post I made last night. Somehow just correcting a misspelled  word sent the paragraphs to places unknown. To late to start over. Tomorrow is another day.
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    Some things about computers never change terminator. Way back I had a Apple 2 typed in pages of inventory & poof it was gone .......so was the Apple 2 s. ( they may still be in the attic )  lol
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,037 Senior Member
    Ah! At least! Somebody else on the forum who knows that IBM didn't invent the microcomputer!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

    "If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    The radio here keeps saying to check on the elderly because of the heat ........Are you guys ok ?   lol
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.