NASA head changes mind on Climate Change

alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior MemberPosts: 8,031 Senior Member

Since I always get crap for using "liberal" sources. Here's one that's about as right wing as you can get. Apparently when you take a Conservative congressman who's been a life long skeptic on climate change, take away his need for campaign donations from the oil industry and make him the head of a science organization that actually exposes him to real science, his skepticism fades quickly.
"Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
-DoctorWho

Replies

• Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,700 Senior Member
    Orrrrrr he realized the his best shot at huuuuuuge capital injections into his crumbling agency will come from sending up a whole new wave of global satellites into the sky to test his new pet theory and at the same time build up his new empire and get his name on the HQ new building of the vastly expanded new NASA because Sierra Club hippies will love him, Democrats will think he just s awesome and anyone fighting against him will be considered a climate nazi...

But that can’t be true because no politician thinks that way..... right?
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,988 Senior Member
    Orrrrrrrrr, this is all carefully planned.  Done on purpose. Whores are everywhere. Not all of them are peddling ****. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,997 Senior Member
    Nobody in their right mind denounces climate change being an actual real thing. In case you didn't get the message, THE FREAKIN' CLIMATE ON THIS DIRTBALL HAS BEEN CHANGING FROM SCORCHING HOT TO FREEZING COLD WITH GLACIERS 'N' STUFF SINCE THIS DIRTBALL COOLED ENOUGH FOR WATER TO CONDENSE! AND AROUND 99.9% OF THOSE CLIMATE SWINGS HAPPENED BEFORE MAN EVER SHOWED UP ON THE PLANET! You DO realize that the Little Ice Age ended at around the time of the Civil War's end and that we are still warming up from that, right? You DO know when the Little Ice Age started and ended, right? From around 1300 to 1870 is the most agreed on date of start to finish.

The question most people have about you alarmists is that of the degree of input humans have to it. WHEN and IF you get a climate model that predicts with 100% accuracy the input of the population on climate, and can prove that the variable Sun output and the Earth's weird orbit and axial gyrations are not the major inputs, then I might listen to your side. Until then, you're just being Chikkin Little and mistaking variable weather patterns as climate change.

THAR'S GOLD IN THEM THAR CARBON CREDITS! JUST ASK AL 'THE BORE' GORE! HE'S MADE MILLIONS ON THAT SCAM! :D :D :D :D :D
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,561 Senior Member
    Just another Republican establishment swamp dweller molting his skin to reveal the RINO beneath. He needs to stick to NASA's mission of Muslim outreach and leave climate change to his local TV affiliates' meteorologists who broadcast their predictions at 6 and 11. 

NASA has to solve 2 problems - propulsion and artificial gravity. It takes too long to go anywhere beyond the moon, and we don't have that time anyway since our skeletons come apart with prolonged exposure to weightlessness. NASA needs to get our spaceships going much faster - closer to the speed of light, and under conditions that don't scramble our bones. Solve propulsion and artificial gravity and space travel is viable - even beyond our solar system. Don't solve them, and we ain't goin' nowhere. Neither are the Muslims.  
    edited June 30 #6
    tennmike said:
    Nobody in their right mind denounces climate change being an actual real thing. In case you didn't get the message, THE FREAKIN' CLIMATE ON THIS DIRTBALL HAS BEEN CHANGING FROM SCORCHING HOT TO FREEZING COLD WITH GLACIERS 'N' STUFF SINCE THIS DIRTBALL COOLED ENOUGH FOR WATER TO CONDENSE! AND AROUND 99.9% OF THOSE CLIMATE SWINGS HAPPENED BEFORE MAN EVER SHOWED UP ON THE PLANET! You DO realize that the Little Ice Age ended at around the time of the Civil War's end and that we are still warming up from that, right? You DO know when the Little Ice Age started and ended, right? From around 1300 to 1870 is the most agreed on date of start to finish.

The question most people have about you alarmists is that of the degree of input humans have to it. WHEN and IF you get a climate model that predicts with 100% accuracy the input of the population on climate, and can prove that the variable Sun output and the Earth's weird orbit and axial gyrations are not the major inputs, then I might listen to your side. Until then, you're just being Chikkin Little and mistaking variable weather patterns as climate change.

THAR'S GOLD IN THEM THAR CARBON CREDITS! JUST ASK AL 'THE BORE' GORE! HE'S MADE MILLIONS ON THAT SCAM! :D :D :D :D :D
    Hush you!!!  Those past ice ages were the byproduct of saber tooth tiger farts.  And they killed all Neanderthals...  you insensitive unfeeling climate denier...  If we only understood how they happened we could have affected CHANGE because the earth bends to our will!!!

ELECTRIC CARS AND WAY MORE TAXES TO STUDY THIS NEW FOUND PHENOMENA WILL SAVE US ALL!!!!!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • MichakavMichakav Senior Member Posts: 2,212 Senior Member
    edited June 30 #7
    And yet they all still drive their gas guzzling cars, fly those private jets and take commercial airliners instead of a bus or train. The left is the king of "do as I say, not as I do". Oh well. Just more fake outrage.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 6,615 Senior Member
    When not-so-accu-weather can forecast more than 24 hours in advance with any accuracy I'll start believing what's going to happen in a hundred years predicted by the climate Nazis.
    I HAVE HATED COMMUNISTS EVEN BEFORE THEY CHANGED THEIR NAME TO LIBERALS AND PROGRESSIVES
    tennmike said:
    And I suppose Alpha will blame the Roman Warming Period on  all those Roman chariots powered by two horsepower hay burning methane spewing engines.
    Here's some FACTUAL RECORDED INFO as opposed to 'We think' or 'we feel it suggests' crap.
    The last one is a bunch of climate graphs. Alpha likes graphs. :D

Falls on deaf ears and eyes!
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,561 Senior Member
    I'm old enough to remember the screaming of "we're headed into another ice age, We'll have glaciers covering 1/2 of north america by the end of the century"

When that didn't come to pass, they changed their tune.
    Whatever it takes to keep the $$$$$ rolling in to "save us" from the next great (manufactured) disaster
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 14,181 Senior Member
    I guess maybe after this guy, Jeff Sessions, Wray, Rosenstein, and essentially an endless list beyond that... can we all admit that Trump doesn't always appoint the brightest bulbs out there?
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 463 Member
    Call me selfish but I could give a **** less about what the climate does in the long run because I’ll be dead and gone. Not my problem. Those who survive me can deal with it.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,485 Senior Member
    MSNBC is reporting that experts say that the planetary crisis is a direct result of Trump's ostentatious rhetorical tweets.
  • BAMAAKBAMAAK Senior Member Posts: 4,204 Senior Member
    The guy who was the first to testify before congress 30 years ago, guy named Hanson, said recently he was wrong.  The sea levels have risen 7 mm (insignificant) instead of the several feet he predicted.  The climate has not warmed at the rate he predicted.  No islands have disappeared.  NY and Miami are still there.  Artic ice has shrunk but Antarctic has grown.  But hey, lots of people are getting rich on carbon credits.
    "He only earns his freedom and his life Who takes them every day by storm."

-- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and politician
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,586 Senior Member
    BAMAAK said:
    NY and Miami are still there.
    How unfortunate...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,070 Senior Member

Since I always get crap for using "liberal" sources. Here's one that's about as right wing as you can get. Apparently when you take a Conservative congressman who's been a life long skeptic on climate change, take away his need for campaign donations from the oil industry and make him the head of a science organization that actually exposes him to real science, his skepticism fades quickly.
    Maybe it's one of those Machiavellian plans of Donald Trump to manipulate the wild-eyed lefty members of Congress to fund his space plan.
    bisley said:

Maybe it's one of those Machiavellian plans of Donald Trump to manipulate the wild-eyed lefty members of Congress to fund his space plan.
    Now THAT I could actually see 🤣
    I always note that the Loony Left 'scientists' fail to disclose the volcanic activity under the Antarctic ice sheet. Last time I checked lava can melt ice, unless the laws of thermodynamics took LSD.

Here's some links to info on the volcanic activity and the geothermally heated lakes under the Antarctic Ice sheet. Funny that Alpha never seems to mention such things with his gloom and doom carefully selected info that only reinforces the 'people cause ALL the global warming and we're all gonna die!" narrative. Can't scare the feces out of people if you tell them the real TRUTH about why some stuff happens. Anybody remember the temperature drop that lasted a while after Mt. St. Helens blew up like a 100 megaton underground blast?

Anyway, here's the links to volcanic and geothermal activity under the Antarctic ice sheet for anyone so inclined to click the links. Knowledge is power of light against the darkness of ignorance!

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/volcano-antarctic-ice-melting-pine-island-glacier-sea-level-climate-change-global-warming-a8423131.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/12/scientists-discover-91-volcanos-antarctica

https://nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=295861

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2017/11/08/massive-heat-source-was-just-discovered-under-antarctica-driving-melting-volcanism/#337c75c346dc

Bonus material. There is some good video of the volcanic activity in the general link I used to find this stuff. Enjoy!

https://www.google.com/search?q=volcanic+activity+under+antarctic+ice+sheet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

STOP IT!!!  We can control the earth if we put enough tax dollars behind it!!!!!!  Freaking old curmudgeons...  Us young people have all the answers and we will save the earth from ALL your mistakes, and THAT is a brand new concept that has never occurred to anyone before. 😖😡
    STOP IT!!!  We can control the earth if we put enough tax dollars behind it!!!!!!  Freaking old curmudgeons...  Us young people have all the answers and we will save the earth from ALL your mistakes, and THAT is a brand new concept that has never occurred to anyone before. 😖😡
    Facts is facts. Sometimes they're butt ugly, and sometimes beautiful, but the facts are just the truth, and you can't make them be anything else. Hiding them in the closet like folk used to do with their insane relatives doesn't make them any less true, or the relatives less crazy.

Wanna stop global warming? Then either move the Earth further from the Sun, or put up a big reflector between the Sun and the Earth, something like a giant solar sail. Won't do anything to mitigate volcanic activity, or the ocean currents going walkabout and making the ocean surface temps warmer or cooler (the TRUE climate driver on planet Earth........ El Nino and La Nina in the Pacific is one example) and causing a temperature shift that either bakes us, freezes us, and causes all kinds of nasty weather like floods, hurricanes, tornadoes and other fun stuff.

I'll take reading about the geologic history of the Earth, and the present ongoing conditions like volcanic activity and ocean current shifts, any day over heated rhetoric and people with obvious ulterior motives trying to make millions off the ignorant superstitious and easily led masses.

Back a few years ago when sunspot activity had peaked and the Earth was getting a little warmer and the polar ice was melting from increased solar radiation, the polar ice on Mars were ALSO melting. I guess the Earth's 'global warming' caused the Mars ice caps to melt, too! :D :D :D :D :D

edited July 1 #22
    Alpha? No response? BTW...I lol'd at your "real science" inclusion.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,070 Senior Member
    You guys just don't have the right lens to look through.
    edited July 1 #24
    bisley said:
    You guys just don't have the right lens to look through.

Apparently not. I like my vision to be clear. Not dictated or clouded. 

Although too much beer gives me google eyes when posting on the forum sometimes... :smiley:
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 37,988 Senior Member
    Or, maybe you’ve all been trolled. Again. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
    Probably.  Still fun... 😁
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,031 Senior Member
    Michakav said:
    No response necessary. Nothing to debate. Just pointing out something I found interesting and then enjoying reading what kinds of crazy excuses people would come up with. 
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,389 Senior Member
    tennmike said:

Climate change is absolutely REAL and has been since the earth acquired an atmosphere. Is it a threat to the human race? Of course! It has wiped out many other species. Can we prevent it? No.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,586 Senior Member
    Then there's that giant asteroid/meteor that's headed our way...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

My Karma ran over your Dogma!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,389 Senior Member
    edited July 2 #30

tennmike said:
    I always note that the Loony Left 'scientists' fail to disclose the volcanic activity under the Antarctic ice sheet. Last time I checked lava can melt ice, unless the laws of thermodynamics took LSD.

Here's some links to info on the volcanic activity and the geothermally heated lakes under the Antarctic Ice sheet. Funny that Alpha never seems to mention such things with his gloom and doom carefully selected info that only reinforces the 'people cause ALL the global warming and we're all gonna die!" narrative. Can't scare the feces out of people if you tell them the real TRUTH about why some stuff happens. Anybody remember the temperature drop that lasted a while after Mt. St. Helens blew up like a 100 megaton underground blast?

Anyway, here's the links to volcanic and geothermal activity under the Antarctic ice sheet for anyone so inclined to click the links. Knowledge is power of light against the darkness of ignorance!

https://www.independent.co.uk/environment/volcano-antarctic-ice-melting-pine-island-glacier-sea-level-climate-change-global-warming-a8423131.html

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/12/scientists-discover-91-volcanos-antarctica

https://nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=295861

https://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2017/11/08/massive-heat-source-was-just-discovered-under-antarctica-driving-melting-volcanism/#337c75c346dc

Bonus material. There is some good video of the volcanic activity in the general link I used to find this stuff. Enjoy!

https://www.google.com/search?q=volcanic+activity+under+antarctic+ice+sheet&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

I spent many hours up close and personal with Mt St Helens pre, during, and post eruption from 28 Mar 1980 until I transferred out of the 1042nd Military Intelligence Company Aerial Surveillance (MICAS) 12 Dec 1983. Earthquakes under the mountain had been detected for a couple weeks when on 27 March an airline pilot reported "smoke" from the mountain. My Army National Guard unit based in Salem, Oregon received a request from U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) to check it out. Early the next morning I was flying up there as an Aerial Sensor Specialist. Yes I was an (ASS). In a OV-1D Mohawk like the one in my avatar. We were orbiting the mountain when a "small" ash plume shot a few hundred feet straight up! I keyed my mike and exclaimed "Thar she blows" while flipping the aircraft camera switch. By the time I got a couple shots with my cheapo Kodak pocket camera the ash was rolling down the mountain top but still visible. During the main eruption on May 18th the huge ash cloud blew East blocking out the sun. I recall the temperature in Yakima Washington was reported dropping to 40F or lower on a mid May afternoon.    

edited July 2 #31
    Michakav said:
    No response necessary. Nothing to debate. Just pointing out something I found interesting and then enjoying reading what kinds of crazy excuses people would come up with. 

How did I know that would be your response. Only thing interesting about it is that another got brainwashed into the "chicken little" syndrome. But that's not really surprising. Keep enjoying your "real science". None of it really matters anyway. We will destroy ourselves long before the mother earth decides to purge us. Which will happen sooner or later no matter what we do.