Well! Lets see if this place gets run out of business

1235»

Replies

  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,513 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    BAMAAK said:
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". It is a very, very broad brush. There should be a legitimate reason. A bat s**t crazy liberal hating anyone associated with the Trump administration refusing service? Probably not. In practice it returns to refusing service to negroes.   
    It should be a very broad brush. Refusing service to anyone should be a business owner's right. Don't want to sell to blacks? Fine, but don't expect any non-bigots to enter your establishment. A savvy entrepreneur will open a competing shop across the street with a big sign out front "ALL ARE WELCOME". Let's see who stays in business and who fails. 

    The market works when left alone by government. 
    This may not be true in certain parts of the country.  Not just the south either.

    I was thinking the Civil Rights Act of 1964 kind of frowned on that.
    Just because a law was passed, does not mean it is constitutional or even righteous. If I own a business, it should be my right to not conduct business with anyone for any reason. The CRA destroyed the concept that all transactions should be voluntary...in other words, without government coercion. For both the customer and the proprietor.  

    Will you defend 1968 GCA simply because it is a law? 

    I guess my "problem" is that I am excessively law abiding. I don't consider agreeing with a law a requirement for obeying it. Our brilliant founding fathers crafted a democratic republic allowing as much freedom as possible. Why not 100% freedom? They were well aware that 100% freedom rapidly devolves into 100% chaos. Why? humans will always be humans. I am currently defending the portion of the mostly terrible 1968 GCA that allows 18-20 year olds to legally purchase 'long arms' and the ammunition they use.

  • CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 4,359 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 said:
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    BAMAAK said:
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". It is a very, very broad brush. There should be a legitimate reason. A bat s**t crazy liberal hating anyone associated with the Trump administration refusing service? Probably not. In practice it returns to refusing service to negroes.   
    It should be a very broad brush. Refusing service to anyone should be a business owner's right. Don't want to sell to blacks? Fine, but don't expect any non-bigots to enter your establishment. A savvy entrepreneur will open a competing shop across the street with a big sign out front "ALL ARE WELCOME". Let's see who stays in business and who fails. 

    The market works when left alone by government. 
    This may not be true in certain parts of the country.  Not just the south either.

    I was thinking the Civil Rights Act of 1964 kind of frowned on that.
    Just because a law was passed, does not mean it is constitutional or even righteous. If I own a business, it should be my right to not conduct business with anyone for any reason. The CRA destroyed the concept that all transactions should be voluntary...in other words, without government coercion. For both the customer and the proprietor.  

    Will you defend 1968 GCA simply because it is a law? 

    I guess my "problem" is that I am excessively law abiding. I don't consider agreeing with a law a requirement for obeying it. Our brilliant founding fathers crafted a democratic republic allowing as much freedom as possible. Why not 100% freedom? They were well aware that 100% freedom rapidly devolves into 100% chaos. Why? humans will always be humans. I am currently defending the portion of the mostly terrible 1968 GCA that allows 18-20 year olds to legally purchase 'long arms' and the ammunition they use.

    The term "law abiding" should be replaced with "peaceable". No victim, no crime. America has devolved into a society that criminalizes acts that harm no one. FYI - Restricting ALL 18-20 year olds what they can or cannot buy is not chaos, it is tyranny. They can vote and die for their country, but cannot purchase a handgun from an LGS? 
     
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

    Ayn Rand
  • alphasigmookiealphasigmookie Senior Member Posts: 8,270 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    BAMAAK said:
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". It is a very, very broad brush. There should be a legitimate reason. A bat s**t crazy liberal hating anyone associated with the Trump administration refusing service? Probably not. In practice it returns to refusing service to negroes.   
    It should be a very broad brush. Refusing service to anyone should be a business owner's right. Don't want to sell to blacks? Fine, but don't expect any non-bigots to enter your establishment. A savvy entrepreneur will open a competing shop across the street with a big sign out front "ALL ARE WELCOME". Let's see who stays in business and who fails. 

    The market works when left alone by government. 
    This may not be true in certain parts of the country.  Not just the south either.

    I was thinking the Civil Rights Act of 1964 kind of frowned on that.
    Just because a law was passed, does not mean it is constitutional or even righteous. If I own a business, it should be my right to not conduct business with anyone for any reason. The CRA destroyed the concept that all transactions should be voluntary...in other words, without government coercion. For both the customer and the proprietor.  

    Will you defend 1968 GCA simply because it is a law? 

    I guess my "problem" is that I am excessively law abiding. I don't consider agreeing with a law a requirement for obeying it. Our brilliant founding fathers crafted a democratic republic allowing as much freedom as possible. Why not 100% freedom? They were well aware that 100% freedom rapidly devolves into 100% chaos. Why? humans will always be humans. I am currently defending the portion of the mostly terrible 1968 GCA that allows 18-20 year olds to legally purchase 'long arms' and the ammunition they use.

    The term "law abiding" should be replaced with "peaceable". No victim, no crime. America has devolved into a society that criminalizes acts that harm no one. FYI - Restricting ALL 18-20 year olds what they can or cannot buy is not chaos, it is tyranny. They can vote and die for their country, but cannot purchase a handgun from an LGS? 
     
    Don't forget beer or rent a car
    "Finding out that you have run out of toilet paper is a good example of lack of preparation, buying 10 years worth is silly"
    -DoctorWho
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,103 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    BAMAAK said:
    CaliFFL said:
    sgtrock21 said:
    "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone". It is a very, very broad brush. There should be a legitimate reason. A bat s**t crazy liberal hating anyone associated with the Trump administration refusing service? Probably not. In practice it returns to refusing service to negroes.   
    It should be a very broad brush. Refusing service to anyone should be a business owner's right. Don't want to sell to blacks? Fine, but don't expect any non-bigots to enter your establishment. A savvy entrepreneur will open a competing shop across the street with a big sign out front "ALL ARE WELCOME". Let's see who stays in business and who fails. 

    The market works when left alone by government. 
    This may not be true in certain parts of the country.  Not just the south either.

    I was thinking the Civil Rights Act of 1964 kind of frowned on that.
    Just because a law was passed, does not mean it is constitutional or even righteous. If I own a business, it should be my right to not conduct business with anyone for any reason. The CRA destroyed the concept that all transactions should be voluntary...in other words, without government coercion. For both the customer and the proprietor.  

    Will you defend 1968 GCA simply because it is a law? 

    I guess my "problem" is that I am excessively law abiding. I don't consider agreeing with a law a requirement for obeying it. Our brilliant founding fathers crafted a democratic republic allowing as much freedom as possible. Why not 100% freedom? They were well aware that 100% freedom rapidly devolves into 100% chaos. Why? humans will always be humans. I am currently defending the portion of the mostly terrible 1968 GCA that allows 18-20 year olds to legally purchase 'long arms' and the ammunition they use.

    The term "law abiding" should be replaced with "peaceable". No victim, no crime. America has devolved into a society that criminalizes acts that harm no one. FYI - Restricting ALL 18-20 year olds what they can or cannot buy is not chaos, it is tyranny. They can vote and die for their country, but cannot purchase a handgun from an LGS? 
     
    Don't forget beer or rent a car
    The beer thing is a law, courtesy of Uncle.  Without researching, I believe the rental car thing is set by the companies themselves? At any rate if it is a law, it should be changed.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,272 Senior Member
    coolgunguy said:The beer thing is a law, courtesy of Uncle.  Without researching, I believe the rental car thing is set by the companies themselves? At any rate if it is a law, it should be changed.  
    I believe it's the insurance companies that restrict the age on rental cars.
    I know back when, I had to be 20 to drive an ambulance due to ins regs

    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.


  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 28,191 Senior Member
    I think it’s 25 to rent a car but you can be the “second driver”.  I rented a few for my kids when they were younger.  And yes it’s an insurance thing.  If they allowed under 25 to be primary renter the rest of us would have to pay double to rent a car to subsidize it.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,513 Senior Member
    I think it’s 25 to rent a car but you can be the “second driver”.  I rented a few for my kids when they were younger.  And yes it’s an insurance thing.  If they allowed under 25 to be primary renter the rest of us would have to pay double to rent a car to subsidize it.

    You and knitepoet are correct. My auto insurance requires a driver that I loan my car to have a valid driver license and be over 25 years old. Another rental car requirement I recall is a credit card. Just a couple of things not required by government law but by banks and insurance companies that make their own policies (laws).
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 28,191 Senior Member
    sgtrock21 said:
    I think it’s 25 to rent a car but you can be the “second driver”.  I rented a few for my kids when they were younger.  And yes it’s an insurance thing.  If they allowed under 25 to be primary renter the rest of us would have to pay double to rent a car to subsidize it.

    You and knitepoet are correct. My auto insurance requires a driver that I loan my car to have a valid driver license and be over 25 years old. Another rental car requirement I recall is a credit card. Just a couple of things not required by government law but by banks and insurance companies that make their own policies (laws).
    Yep and a debit card won’t work, it has to be a real credit card.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
1235»
Sign In or Register to comment.
Magazine Cover

GET THE MAGAZINE Subscribe & Save

Temporary Price Reduction

SUBSCRIBE NOW

Give a Gift   |   Subscriber Services

PREVIEW THIS MONTH'S ISSUE

GET THE NEWSLETTER Join the List and Never Miss a Thing.

Get the top Guns & Ammo stories delivered right to your inbox every week.