The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,213 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    cpj said:

Hadn’t fished in a couple years. May have fished once last year, but pretty sure it was the year before. I remember why I quit. Unless I’m catching fish, I don’t enjoy it. At all. It’s a waste of time. Tonight it was a waste of 12$ worth of gas, $100 worth of fishing poles, $125 worth of fish finder, $3 worth of worms, $7 worth of crickets and cricket cage. **** it. I’ll be done for a few years again. 
    Side note: a fishing pole is no match for a fish finder. BUT! A kayak paddle will **** one up. Not as good as a one pound anchor on a rope, though. 
    WTH? You get nailed by a U-Boat? Lack of balance?
    Maybe I wasn’t clear. I beat the ever loving **** out of my poles and fish finder. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,286 Senior Member
    edited July 4 #30783
    Ahh, I thought the beating was the result of some mishap, not a stand alone event, carry on.
    You probably need a bigger boat with a larger motor and top of the line finders, rods, reels, a sponsor shirt, and designer lures to catch a fish in Misery. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,571 Senior Member
    Got back home from a relaxing camping trip to 1 foot deep Bermuda, dead flowers,  gold fish pond pump dead and 118 degree heat index. Don't take long for life to get back to normal.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,529 Senior Member
    Hey Chief I know what you mean. I was just hoping I was going to wake up. I go back to my doc this month for my yearly checkup but so far everything has been good. Paul I hope they get you fixed up with the drugs but my mom had a pacemaker and she seemed to fell better after that. I don't know how it would affect shooting. 
    They usually put the pacemaker in on the left------if your left handed you have to talk about 
    a different spot----right side, hey.
    This message has been deleted
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    The heat is coming! 😝

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 3,164 Senior Member
    wow those temps really suck ! And I thought it was bad here.
    edited July 5 #30788
    Oh it’s fine...it’s a dry heat. 🙄

Friday is our 33rd anniversary. Last year we went to dinner at a fancy place, I had to put on a suit. This year, I ain’t wearing no suit in 112 degree heat! 
    Groucho Marx
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,037 Senior Member
    Our 34th is coming up. I'll *NEVER* wear a suit or tie again - unless my life literally depends upon it for some reason.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,103 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Our 34th is coming up. I'll *NEVER* wear a suit or tie again - unless my life literally depends upon it for some reason.
    But a blouse and a nice pleated skirt....
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
    zorba said:
    But a blouse and a nice pleated skirt....
    I'm all over it! The fuller the skirt the better!

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    Naw, mini-skirt.
    edited July 5 #30793
    Naw, mini-skirt.
    Minis are a pain in the patootie. I had one once. You have to plan EVERY step, every motion ahead of time. I'll wear skirts as short as just above the knee, but I vastly prefer mid-calf or longer. I got rid of the mini.

• TeachTeach Senior Member Posts: 18,141 Senior Member

Oldest wood filler going- - - - -Elmer's glue and sawdust.  If you make the sanding dust from the same kind of wood you're working with, it's a perfect color match.  I learned that trick in 7th. Grade wood shop.

Hide and wail in terror, Eloi- - - -We Morlocks are on the hunt!
    ASK-HOLE Someone who asks for advice and always does something opposite
    Shouldn't there be some kinda law about ranch dressing not having the little squeeze hole on top. That moment when you shake it to the top upside down, unscrew the top and squeeze.......................................and half the dang bottle ends up on your plate.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,604 Senior Member
    edited July 5 #30796
    Shouldn't there be some kinda law about ranch dressing not having the little squeeze hole on top. That moment when you shake it to the top upside down, unscrew the top and squeeze.......................................and half the dang bottle ends up on your plate.
    Last night I had a similar problem  when I opened a bottle of French Bordeaux from 2011 to see if it was still improving with age.

I have a set of wine glasses specifically designed for red wine.........they are balloon style and each one holds damn near a whole bottle.

I only had one glass.........and the bottle was empty!!

Got halfway through the glass and realised it was still improving with age.........then looked up the current value and found it was now worth over $300 a bottle. Luckily I have 6 more bottles left.

(btw, I only paid about $21.00 a bottle when I bought it in 2011)

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
    I would be just drinking new wine & save & sell the old. For 300 it better stay all night & cook breakfast in the morning.
    They make it that way for women like Clean so they can have ranch lettuce soup.
    I have 5 sistra (sistrums) handles hanging up drying their first coat of primer. That wood is VERY thirsty!

Teach said:

Oldest wood filler going- - - - -Elmer's glue and sawdust.  If you make the sanding dust from the same kind of wood you're working with, it's a perfect color match.  I learned that trick in 7th. Grade wood shop.

I don't remember wood shop. I took it...just don't remember it. I learned this from Norm Abram's New Yankee Workshop. I really miss that show.
    Groucho Marx

I need to get some painting done here too & with the humidity it will take way longer to dry. Building up coats is a nightmare in the summer. I just can't be that old person sitting & watch paint dry. ( at least not yet )
    5:00 and it’s already...

Groucho Marx
    Outdoor wedding for the #1 Granddaughter this weekend-------a tropical system may
    be forming off the coast.

May have to go to the wedding in a wetsuit.
    NN said:
    Outdoor wedding for the #1 Granddaughter this weekend-------a tropical system may

I can just see that !  Kids say " yes grandpa is a little crazy "  ( but we love him anyway )
    And they said there would probably be no charges against her. ( depends on how much push )
    All around this area a mag is called a clip. I just say the first thing that comes to mind. As long as they know what I am talking about it's all good to me.

Historically, a mag was very often called a clip - just like a revolver was called a pistol.

NN said:

My daughter is thinking about an outside wedding sometime in April. Rains a lot around here in April.
    edited July 6 #30810
    If it put in a way that is condescending to people then it is wrong to do. Call twine string whatever . When someone calls something by a name I don't understand ......I ask. Precipitation is rain when standing in it I know what they mean  even if they say look at the crap coming down. Communication should never be a contest of who is smarter. I was just told a big holster was called a sheath ...... I was not offended at all & learned something I did not know. But the ketchup catsup things are a waste of time. Side note ..... A friend of mine always says that he is a one man banjo  ....I always laughed for a few months of him saying this finally asked what it meant to him ....He replied that he had to do everything in his shop alone. I said that phrase would be one man band. He said really ? I am still laughing about it. Most mistakes are funny if you let them be funny.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,103 Senior Member
    NN said:

My daughter is thinking about an outside wedding sometime in April. Rains a lot around here in April.
    We planned ours for December 21st.  It usually snows a fair bit around here at that time, and the night before it did just that.  MIL said she hopes our daughter returns the favor when the time comes... she worried herself half to death about guests not coming, folks having wrecks, etc.  
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin