Ned's Shooting Thread

1192021222325»

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,412 Senior Member
    .32s are fun.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,259 Senior Member
    Maybe the bullets had to jump too far to reach the throats. Or the heat and humidity are causing fatigue.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,031 Senior Member
    Maybe the bullets had to jump too far to reach the throats. Or the heat and humidity are causing fatigue.
    Maybe I should save them for this fall and try again.
    I have a need for speed
    I tried 100 gr HP .32 H&R mag today and the single 7 does like that ammo.
    My new prescription sunglasses do not like gun sights unless the bifocals
    are aligned on the sights forcing a blurry tgt just like they said to have back
    in the dark ages.
    I have a need for speed
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,614 Senior Member
    The Single 7 looks like a fun revolver. I have an old Single 6 in .32 H&R Mag that I like to shoot. Fun and cheap since I reload for it. Early may be on to something with the long jump with the .32 S&W Long in that longer cylinder. The wadcutters may be getting dinged up in the cylinder with all that 'waller room' between the case mouth and the throat.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

I remember that single six from a few Shoots back.
    I have a need for speed
    Yeah, it was the one with the loooooong barrel. That long barrel helps me shoot more better.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.

I tried those .32 S&W long wadcutters again today.
    This time I used a GP 100-----they shoot well enough----though very anemic. 

Was like shooting .22 shorts.
    I have a need for speed
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 7,725 Senior Member
    My wife's little SW 431 PD in .32 H&R Mag shoots full power loads very well for such a small gun, but .32 SW longs are all over the target
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    I should try the .32 S&W ammo I have.
    I have a need for speed
    I took two 1/2 gal milk jugs and some 88 gr .32 S&W ammo and headed for the woods.
    Filled the jugs with water at the last branch and shot the jugs with the .32 S&W ammo from the GP 100.

I shot, heard some bang, and did not see any indication of a hit. Started to go look and finally noticed the
    water level in the jug going down. I shot the other jug and again a slow leak.

The .32 S&W ammo shot well, fair enough accuracy; but, right tame terminal damage and no recoil.
    I have a need for speed
    NN said:
    I took two 1/2 gal milk jugs and some 88 gr .32 S&W ammo and headed for the woods.
    Filled the jugs with water at the last branch and shot the jugs with the .32 S&W ammo from the GP 100.

I shot, heard some bang, and did not see any indication of a hit. Started to go look and finally noticed the
    water level in the jug going down. I shot the other jug and again a slow leak.

The .32 S&W ammo shot well, fair enough accuracy; but, right tame terminal damage and no recoil.
    Sounds like it's good enough for getting a bunny or tree rat for the pot when camping during hunting season. :)

I noticed some slight leading and a crud  ring forming in the GP 100, I think
    from the LRN ,32 S&W ammo as I did not see any after shooting the lead wadcutter
    .32 S&W Long.

I shot it today with .327 JHP and used Ballistol  to clean out the barrel and chambers.
    A couple of trips through the barrel and chambers with a Ballistol patch and leading was gone.

Ballistol seems to be effective.
    I have a need for speed