The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,512 Senior Member
    Had the radio on in the background, and the news story pabout the mom in Dallas that shot the carjacker in the head came on.  The Dallas reporter said “...she emptied the clip...”

Local radio host broke in and corrected him saying “It’s called a magazine, not a clip.”

LOL.
    The kids weren't harmed.👍
    Whether magazine or clip, if one's not enough you can never have too many.😁
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,251 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Outdoor wedding for the #1 Granddaughter this weekend-------a tropical system may
    be forming off the coast.

May have to go to the wedding in a wetsuit.

My daughter is thinking about an outside wedding sometime in April. Rains a lot around here in April.
    April in TN is monsoon season, usually. They should pick a place with a big open sided shed, just in case!
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

• cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,213 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    NN said:
    Outdoor wedding for the #1 Granddaughter this weekend-------a tropical system may
    be forming off the coast.

May have to go to the wedding in a wetsuit.

My daughter is thinking about an outside wedding sometime in April. Rains a lot around here in April.
    April in TN is monsoon season, usually. They should pick a place with a big open sided shed, just in case!
    That would require common sense. Something which women do not have. Especially when it comes to wedding plans. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,249 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    That would require common sense. Something which women do not have. Especially when it comes to wedding plans. 
    The man from Mozambique speaketh the truth.
    Most young girls grow up dreaming about their wedding
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 18,037 Senior Member
    Mowed the back yard. Mowed 2/3rds of the front before driven inside by rain and lightening. The rain was supposed to be just a "nuisance" rain - I guess the Gods weren't paying attention to the forecast as I'd guess that we've had a couple of inches so far, with lots of lightening. The very first big kaboom knocked out our power, so we're running on generator. This house is on some wonky circuit, the neighbors across the street have power and we don't. Saw the same thing during Irma. FPL says there's 44 houses out...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,571 Senior Member
    Glad it wasn't today. Just came a toad strangling gully washer.
    Power's back on, rain's quit, and there's still tall grass in part of the front yard. Hopefully I can whack it down tomorrow - lots of water about...

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 1,026 Senior Member
    Just survived 5 days in a camper with my wife, a teenage son and daughter and a 20 year old daughter. We were at the Salt Springs Recreation Area in the Ocala National Forest.  It is the only National Forest Service campground in the Ocala National Forest with full hook-ups.  Also took the boat so we could anchor at the mouth of the springs for a base of operations while swimming so we didn't have to stake out a spot on the grass around the springs......but I didn't get a picture of that this year.  We first did this last year and decided to make it an annual tradition.  When it is 96F with 100% humidity, 72F clear water is quite refreshing!

What's that little low door towards the front streetside?

• TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    Aaaaaaand there it is!

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,213 Senior Member
    Beagle dog woke up this morning early, went out and proceeded to puke and poop for about 30 minutes. It ended with him pooping out nothing but bloody mucus. Took off work to watch him and got him to the vet this afternoon. Irritated colon was the issue, exact cause unknown. But he’s got medicine to take, and instructions to not eat much for the next couple days. 
    Doc says he’s otherwise in good shape, just on the high side of ideal weight. He was amazed at his nose, too. He smelled the treats that were up on them cabinet top in a sealed jar. From the floor. 
    "I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 6,045 Senior Member
    I think I had that once!
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
    zorba said:
    What's that little low door towards the front streetside?
    It has bunk beds across the front.  The bottom one folds up for storage and the little side door provides easy access.  Makes it easy to load/unload folding tables, canopies and such.  My kids call it the escape hatch.
    Nice set up 10canyon. I like that awning. You can't bump your head on it
    Got another surprise tonight. Came in and got all settled down to watch a movie. She looks at me and says. I want us to build me an AR. What's not to love about that. Now to figure out caliber, pistol, rifle etc. 
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,249 Senior Member
    edited July 7 #30828
    cpj said:
    Another telemarketing call. 
    I’ve hit 2 “to be removed from our list” multiple times. 
    Tonight I hit 1. 
    “Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to this evening?”

“The guy who is going to find you and burn down your house if you call me again you dick.”

They will call again, but at least I can get some more satisfaction. 
    You haven't done it right until the scum bucket calls you back to cuss you out after you hang up on him >:)
    BTDT

FYI, all "hitting 2" does is confirm they have a "live" number and makes your number more valuable on the dark-web
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,286 Senior Member
    Just watched the dinosaur eating people movie. It was ok. 
    Meh, nobody ever shows up with dinosaur appropriate weapons, white people are stupid and greedy, children have more common sense than adults, blah blah blah, buck movie, rent it. 
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,264 Senior Member
    Got another surprise tonight. Came in and got all settled down to watch a movie. She looks at me and says. I want us to build me an AR. What's not to love about that. Now to figure out caliber, pistol, rifle etc. 
    She did very well with the 10.5" AR pistol
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 10,286 Senior Member
    edited July 7 #30831
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Just watched the dinosaur eating people movie. It was ok. 
    Meh, nobody ever shows up with dinosaur appropriate weapons, white people are stupid and greedy, children have more common sense than adults, blah blah blah, buck movie, rent it. 
    My kids corrected me, there was a mini-gun in the helicopter in the last movie, but, they could not hit a dinosaur the size of a barn with 1000 rounds.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,529 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    cpj said:
    Another telemarketing call. 
    I’ve hit 2 “to be removed from our list” multiple times. 
    Tonight I hit 1. 
    “Who do I have the pleasure of speaking to this evening?”

“The guy who is going to find you and burn down your house if you call me again you dick.”

They will call again, but at least I can get some more satisfaction. 
    You haven't done it right until the scum bucket calls you back to cuss you out after you hang up on him >:)
    BTDT

FYI, all "hitting 2" does is confirm they have a "live" number and makes your number more valuable on the dark-web
    I had one of them use the F word
    This message has been deleted
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 9,509 Senior Member

Saw this at the local indoor range. 
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Smart guy!

Got the remaining grass cut in the front that I got rained out of yesterday.

Sprayed my yard 2 days ago. Didn't get the kill I was hoping for because it rained. Was hoping for 2 days of hot sun before it rained. Now going to put out a couple hundred pounds of ammonium nitrate to green it back up and mow twice a week. 😁
    Um....wrong.  Still bumped my head on it, have the scar to prove it.  My daughter did not cover all the pokey bits properly.  Being 6'4" I hit my head a lot this week.  Campers were not designed with people my size in mind.

I did see something really funny at the springs....I saw a buzzard attempting to eat someone's shoe.  Wish I took a picture.  I suspect the owner of the shoe has a foot odor problem if his shoe smells enough like a dead animal for a buzzard to try to eat it.  :D
    Um....wrong.  Still bumped my head on it, have the scar to prove it.  My daughter did not cover all the pokey bits properly.  Being 6'4" I hit my head a lot this week.  Campers were not designed with people my size in mind.

I did see something really funny at the springs....I saw a buzzard attempting to eat someone's shoe.  Wish I took a picture.  I suspect the owner of the shoe has a foot odor problem if his shoe smells enough like a dead animal for a buzzard to try to eat it.  :D
    You need to wear a hard hat when going in that thing.
    Only way I'll mow twice a week is because I did not do it all in one day.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,512 Senior Member
    My son and I just discovered that watermelon and pickles make a fine hot evening snack.
    Watermelon and pickles, huh,  you can't be PG