Netflix great movie: Defiance

Wambli SkaWambli Ska ModeratorPosts: 26,254 Senior Member
With Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber.  It’s a true story about 4 brothers that saved over 1,000 Jews by keeping them moving through the forests of Belarus during WWII. Lots of action and edge of your seat pace through most of it.  Great watch! 
"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton

Replies

• earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,259 Senior Member
    My son liked that one. I explained it to him a little so he'd know it was a real thing.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 6,698 Senior Member
    It's been a while since I've seen that, may have to watch it again!
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 9,690 Senior Member
    Yep, that one is in the hunting shack video library.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,254 Senior Member
    I can’t believe I missed it when it came out.  I love historical war movies.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,221 Senior Member
    Wife and I watched it when it came out.  Very powerful and well done!
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,255 Senior Member
    It is a good movie
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,254 Senior Member
    Movies based on real stories are always of interest to me.  This one in particular was a great illustration on how folks handle a complete collapse of law and how the lines split within a country during the occupation by the Nazis.  Justice was swift and brutal without much of a worry about repercussions.  Makes you think about how you would have fared in such a place/time.
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 1,259 Senior Member
    Personally, I'd a froze my butt off like a Hawaiian on the north pole.⛄
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,011 Senior Member
    Never watched it. May have to find it on DVD. No netflix in my neck of the woods.

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,412 Senior Member
    Never watched it. May have to find it on DVD. No netflix in my neck of the woods.

You got the Internet/Cable anything...... you can get NetFlix. I use a Roku 'Router' little box that comes with a remote and you can access a bunch of different  providers from the menu.

"What Is Netflix?

Netflix is a video-streaming service with TV shows, movies, award-winning Netflix originals, and a special section just for kids. There’s something for everyone!

Watch as much as you want, anytime, anywhere, on any of the following devices:

• DISH Hopper Duo, Hopper with Sling, Hopper 3, and Wally receivers
    • Computer
    • Smart TV
    • Tablet
    • Smart Phone
    • Nearly any other internet-connected device
    No commercials. No hidden fees. No hassles"

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • TrueTone911TrueTone911 Senior Member Posts: 5,951 Senior Member
    Added it to our list. Gonna have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.
    I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.
    Groucho Marx
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 22,614 Senior Member
    I have the DVD of that movie. It's really good. Need to dig it out and watch it again.
    If a Liberal throws a hand grenade at you, pick it up, pull the pin, and throw it back at them.