Just a couple of quick pointers in dealing with the new forums format...

2»

Replies

• hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 691 Senior Member
    Both AdGuard and Ad Block say they are non-compatible on my iPad. Any ideas why?

hawk
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,254 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Mo' Bettah than Ad Block?
    More flexible configurable options.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
    hawk18 said:
    Both AdGuard and Ad Block say they are non-compatible on my iPad. Any ideas why?

hawk
    You can get AdGuard from the iTunes Store.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,685 Senior Member
    I don't know if anyone has suggested it but AdGuard fixed my issue. :smile:
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,284 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Hmmm...

I'll give it a try! Ad Block seems to be a 'set it and forget it' program - I'll see what I can tweak Ad Guard to do.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
    JKP said:
    I don't know if anyone has suggested it but AdGuard fixed my issue. :smile:
    Hey thanks for sharing that! 😊

zorba said:
    zorba said:
    Hmmm...

I'll give it a try! Ad Block seems to be a 'set it and forget it' program - I'll see what I can tweak Ad Guard to do.
    You can tweek it to the point where it is TOO zealous.  I had to back off the settings to make some banking and American Express pop up windows work.
  • JimBynesJimBynes Posts: 8 New Member
    Hmm, time to install AdGuard then. :)
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,685 Senior Member
    Spoke too soon. I am still getting the privacy policy / cookie notice just not as frequently. 
    JKP said:
    Spoke too soon. I am still getting the privacy policy / cookie notice just not as frequently. 
    Go into settings, there is a configurable setting specifically for that.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 5,835 Senior Member
    Has anybody tried AdGuard? I hear it's pretty good. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • JimBynesJimBynes Posts: 8 New Member
    "Go into settings, there is a configurable setting specifically for that."

Thanks! I'll be taking note of that as well.
  • GilaGila Posts: 164 Member
    JimBynes said:
    I just tried AdGuard with all of its features enabled.  It didn't change a single thing logging on here.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 17,292 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    JimBynes said:
    I just tried AdGuard with all of its features enabled.  It didn't change a single thing logging on here.
    Did you clear your cache?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

You also need to exit your browser and reload it.
    I always restart my computer after doing any installation or upgrade.  That ensures everything gets properly loaded.
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
    Then I'm at a loss.  It has worked on all my devices so far...
    Not to worry.  It's just one extra click to log in...
2»