New Hacky, Choppy Thing

bullsi1911bullsi1911 ModeratorPosts: 9,255 Senior Member
Had to order something from Sportsman’s Guide, and threw this in to round out the order and make their insane shipping make sense:
https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/swiss-military-surplus-hand-hatchet-new?a=792367&_br_psugg_q=hatchet
(It was $15 on sale when I ordered)

After paying $10 shipping, and waiting 10 days, it finally showed up:

This is a pretty handy hatchet/ hand axe!  I’ll be cleaning up and refinishing some stuff to make it cooler and handier.   Probably making a sheath as well, since it came with nothing.  It also came about as sharp as a butter knife.  I’ll get it on the grinder and establish a bevel and start polishing this up soon.
To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
-Mikhail Kalashnikov

Replies

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,284 Senior Member
    I'd order one myself, except I already have two hatchets. Don't need a third...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 31,412 Senior Member
    Hey, A Hatchet Man................
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 26,254 Senior Member
    Nice!  Will come me handy for selective clearing in the new place!
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 19,332 Senior Member
    Kinda cute!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • GilaGila Posts: 164 Member
    Had to order something from Sportsman’s Guide, and threw this in to round out the order and make their insane shipping make sense:
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/swiss-military-surplus-hand-hatchet-new?a=792367&_br_psugg_q=hatchet
    (It was $15 on sale when I ordered)

After paying $10 shipping, and waiting 10 days, it finally showed up:

This is a pretty handy hatchet/ hand axe!  I’ll be cleaning up and refinishing some stuff to make it cooler and handier.   Probably making a sheath as well, since it came with nothing.  It also came about as sharp as a butter knife.  I’ll get it on the grinder and establish a bevel and start polishing this up soon.
    What did you spill on your jeans?
    To secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself.  Sun Tzŭ
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 691 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Foolish dancer!
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 23,031 Senior Member
    Looks handy
    I have a need for speed
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 16,284 Senior Member
    hawk18 said:
    zorba said:
    Foolish dancer!
    I suppose I could hold one in each hand, and balance a third on my head...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

Carry a 25 if it makes you feel good, but do not ever load it. If you load it, you may shoot it. If you shoot it, you may hit somebody, and if you hit somebody – and he finds out about it – he may be very angry with you. --Jeff Cooper
  • hawk18hawk18 Senior Member Posts: 691 Senior Member
    You do have talents. I just buy them, clean them up and look at them. 

Hawk