Now I am angry and insulted. Got the V3 back..............

orchidmanorchidman Senior MemberPosts: 7,603 Senior Member
Well I got a ph call from my LGS that the V3 was ready to pick up last week. Called in today and picked it up along with a letter from the Remington agents.

Here is what it looked like when I first took pics of the problem with the gas compensation plug assemblies and the threads.

And here is what it looks like now...........

Both assembly threads are now less than perfect as it appears that after recutting the threads on the defective one, they screwed it into the opposite side and damaged the threads on the female part of the one that was perfect...........
And here are pics of the 2 female counterparts

The opposite side ( which was the good one)

And.............here is a copy of the letter from the Remington agents

Really??????
Are they trying to tell me that to strip and clean the V3 I need to send it to a gunsmith???
I have owned Remington shotguns for over 35 years, from 1100's through to 1187's and never had any problems following instructions on how to strip them and reassemble them for cleaning purposes.

Next step is to drop a line to Remington USA expressing my displeasure. I will have to wait a bit though so my blood pressure/temperature goes down I guess.

Watch this space..........
Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....

Replies

• rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,254 Senior Member
    I would think insulting the customer may not be the best tactic and sending back something that looks like that even worse.
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,999 Senior Member
    I would be BEYOND pissed at this point. I'd find somebody at Remington to get into their face in a major way.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • ojrojr Senior Member Posts: 762 Senior Member
    How on earth can they know that the first two sentences are correct
    What a croc of crap.
    Keep at them Alex.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 18,221 Senior Member
    WOW :angry: just WOW :angry:
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    Once you settle down, it may be time to correspond with senior officials of Remington. Anyone with half a brain would not want to piss off a 35 year customer. Be sure to include pictures and that correspondence. Good Luck
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,643 Senior Member
    Looks like Remington's Authorized Dealer/Repair Facility has their heads firmly planted up their arses!
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • cpjcpj Senior Member Posts: 39,192 Senior Member
    The first pic says it all. They double
    cut (for lack of proper term) the threads. Completely their fault. 

"I'm here for the guns, hunting, and skirt wearing men."
    Zee
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 2,494 Senior Member
    Not need to be insulted. They would have done the same thing to any of us. But now, thanks to you, they'll never get the chance.
  • JKPJKP Senior Member Posts: 1,789 Senior Member
    Pretty sure I've bought my last Remington shotgun. Maybe last Remington period. 
  • Wambli SkaWambli Ska Moderator Posts: 28,144 Senior Member
    Go straight to the top.  No need to waste your time with low level flunkie,  make sure to question if this is what they are doing to you, you wonder how they are treating the NZ market in general.

Rob McCanna
    Senior VP of Sales
    Remington Arms Company, LLC
    870 Remington Drive
    PO Box 700
    Madison, NC 27025-700

"Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,077 Senior Member
    Oh, man.  There are no words for that letter and it's contents.  Call Remington USA as soon as possible.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    And send a letter, way to easy for an underling to delete an email.  Look for places to leave a review of the product, add links to your threads here...  Senior managers of a company WANT to see these things so they can fix problems before they become big widespread issues.
    "Attack rapidly, ruthlessly, viciously, without rest, however tired and hungry you may be, the enemy will be more tired, more hungry. Keep punching." General George S. Patton
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 24,210 Senior Member
    Yeah, you need to contact Remington USA. AND SEND THEM THOSE PICTURES.
    What I see in those pictures is a CRAPLOAD of metal shavings in and around the plug holes in the barrel AND NOW boogered threads on both the plugs. Whoever 'worked' on that gun while it was out of your hands supposedly being 'repaired' needs to have the fingers of BOTH hands crushed with a 100 ton press. That way they won't be able to destroy any more firearms.
    I may be a Deplorable, but at least I'm not a Liberal!!!

Two possible things happened. 
    1. The piece slid forward or back in the chuck or whatever working holding they are using. When the bit came in for the next cut, it started at a different point.
    2.  The part rotated in the workholding, causing the same issue. 
    Zee
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,069 Senior Member
    blame it on the beancounters....its profit...profit...profit and shaft the consumers.

The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • FFLshooterFFLshooter Member Posts: 668 Senior Member
    I know I’d be pissed too. I also can’t believe that any self respecting human being would let that leave their hands as a “repair”. 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 17,999 Senior Member
    I'd be on the phone myself, at the very least.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 14,409 Senior Member
    All it takes is one dumbass with a word processor....
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
    Alec, since Wambli provided a name and address, if you'd like to write a letter, scan it, and then email it all to me, I'll GLADLY provide the ink and paper to print it off, and then the envelope and stamp to get it to Mr McCanna here US a LOT faster than mailing it from their.

You have a PM with my email address
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,283 Senior Member
    ........aaaand that's how you loose a customer. Talk about a crappy repair job!

Buying a brand new gun for us abroad is in some instances a real leap of faith; some representatives might honor warranties and bend backwards to solve these kind of problems, even to the point of replacing the whole gun. Sadly in some places both the desire to solve severe issues like this and the legal paperwork required to revert gun ownership to the seller or up to the factory are huge barriers to have a solution that pleases the customer.

Hope you can solve this problem.
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,603 Senior Member
    edited July 12 #22
    Thanks for the support guys.
    Was up till 3.30am this morning drafting a letter to Remington about the whole saga. I looked at the Remington home page to see if I could send it through their contacts link but it became readily apparent that pics etc were impossible to load so I am going to send a written letter along with a memory stick containing pics by mail.

At this stage I am confident Remington USA will sort the problem out and I will give them a chance to do so. My anger and disappointment is not directed at them but at the sequence of events that has taken place so far.
    I have refrained from posting this 'saga' on any of the other hunting/shooting forums I belong to as the problem ( at this stage) in my view is with the local agents.

I do not wish to be classed in the group that simply goes public without giving the company a chance to put things right, cos actions like that really piss me off. I posted this up simply as a follow up on my initial posts so that 'my peers' could give me any different points of view as it is easy when in the position I am in, to lose sight of reality due to personal feelings.

Thanks for all your comments. I appreciate them.

I should have a letter ready to go in the next few days and will keep you posted.

Ya just gotta love this place dont you. 
    Mailing the letter from NZ will mean more than an email. 👍
    Zee
    cpj said:
    Mailing the letter from NZ will mean more than an email. 👍
    Yes it will.
    I spend a LOT of time in Hilton Hotels and I recently stayed at one of their hotels and had a seriously sub-par experience.  Spoke to the hotel management and got a lukewarm half assed responce which was highly unacceptable.  A letter to the VP of Global Sales at Hilton corporate got me a personal letter back, the GM of the hotel was fired (it was SERIOUSLY bad experience lasting a few days and apparently from folks at the hotel there were ongoing issues with the general manager) and I have a certificate for two days free in any Hilton in the world as a thank you for bringing the problems in this hotel to their attention.

A well thought out professional letter gets real attention.
    Alec, having a step-son that deals with corporate IT, not sure the thumb drive alone will work (angry customer sending us a virus) as well as actual "hard copy" pictures will.

You might include the thumb drive too, and explain it contains digital copies in the letter.

Just a thought

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 8,258 Senior Member
    knitepoet said:
    Alec, having a step-son that deals with corporate IT, not sure the thumb drive alone will work (angry customer sending us a virus) as well as actual "hard copy" pictures will.

You might include the thumb drive too, and explain it contains digital copies in the letter.

Just a thought
    I was just going to post this.  Corporate policy is often no outside memory media.  A picture may be better, or both.
    Sure hope this works out for you
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 7,603 Senior Member
    Diver43 said:
    knitepoet said:

Just a thought
    I was just going to post this.  Corporate policy is often no outside memory media.  A picture may be better, or both.
    Sure hope this works out for you
    I agree. Will load the pics onto a flash drive then take them to one of them newfangled machines at a camera shop and print out some 8x10 glossy prints to send them........