Home Main Category Hunting

Got My Wolf Back From The Taxidermist......

2»

Replies

• CaliFFLCaliFFL Senior Member Posts: 5,486 Senior Member
    In my zone...Bull elk is Oct 10-24. Any elk is Oct 15-17. Deer is Oct 10-Nov 9. Mulie and whitetail bucks and WT does. Wolves are year round on private land, Aug 1-Mar 31 on public. Bear, mountain lion, and turkey all overlap. 

But wait! There's more! All small game (grouse, snowshoe, squirrels, etc.) are also open.  And trapping...

Turkey tags are $5 and wolves are $31.75 for res/nonres...the rest are pretty spendy for nonres. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,030 Senior Member
    Those wolves have been educated, pretty straight forward seasons too, how does Idaho feel about hunting more than one thing at the same time, ie, can you pack a .22 pistol for grouse?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Those wolves have been educated, pretty straight forward seasons too, how does Idaho feel about hunting more than one thing at the same time, ie, can you pack a .22 pistol for grouse?
    Yep. Idaho does not have the silly restrictions imposed by many other states. Last year, we saw so many turkeys, I put a coach SXS in my backpack. We shot 5 turkeys and a handful of grouse while deer/elk hunting. 
    When our governing officials dismiss due process as mere semantics, when they exercise powers they don’t have and ignore duties they actually bear, and when we let them get away with it, we have ceased to be our own rulers.

Adam J. McCleod

• snake284snake284 Senior Member Posts: 22,394 Senior Member
    CaliFFL said:
    That is an awesome rug...

If you want to hunt wolves again, let me know. Nonresidents pay the same price for wolf tags as residents in Idaho. We can shoot or trap up to ten per year. >:)

ETA - pls leave the mankini in the shack...
    You mean they charge you money to kill wolves? WOW!
    Daddy, what's an enabler?
    Son that's somebody with nothing to do with his time but keep me in trouble with mom.
    CaliFFL said:
    CHIRO1989 said:
    Yep. Idaho does not have the silly restrictions imposed by many other states. Last year, we saw so many turkeys, I put a coach SXS in my backpack. We shot 5 turkeys and a handful of grouse while deer/elk hunting. 
    Well, THAT is the way to get your hunt on.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    snake284 said:
    CaliFFL said:
    That is an awesome rug...

If you want to hunt wolves again, let me know. Nonresidents pay the same price for wolf tags as residents in Idaho. We can shoot or trap up to ten per year. >:)

ETA - pls leave the mankini in the shack...
    You mean they charge you money to kill wolves? WOW!
    If you buy the "Sportsman's Package" the first wolf tag is free. For residents anyway. 

When the feds removed wolves from the "endangered" list, they demanded the states have tight controls over wolf hunting. Tags were part of the deal. 

Adam J. McCleod

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,843 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Nice rug
    Thanks hey.
  • NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,843 Senior Member
    Your welcome, hey.
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    Nice wolf. What are you doing with your hand in that last photo?

It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain

Google Bert Reynolds and Cosmopolitan bear skin rug photo, doing my best recollection of that picture.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,308 Senior Member
    Nice wolf, that is pretty great that you actually got it back after so much time.  After so long he is lucky you were not banging on his door wishing it was taxidermist season.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Nice wolf, that is pretty great that you actually got it back after so much time.  After so long he is lucky you were not banging on his door wishing it was taxidermist season.
    The cops were on him, not the first time they were at his house for the same thing, the taxidermist has a case pending a trial date. No need to get my hands dirty.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,355 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:

Google David Hasselhoff with Puppies photo, doing my best recollection of that picture.
    FIFY
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
  • jaywaptijaywapti Senior Member Posts: 4,981 Senior Member
    Great mount, just got here a little late.

JAY
    THE DEFINITION OF GUN CONTROL IS HITTING THE TARGET WITH YOUR FIRST SHOT
    cpj said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

Google David Hasselhoff with Puppies photo, doing my best recollection of that picture.
    FIFY
    One day I’ll find you. 
    Thanks for checking for me.
    jaywapti said:
    Great mount, just got here a little late.

JAY
    I am liking it, kind of smells like a wet dog in the living room now though, drowns out the teenage boy smell.
  • 1965Jeff1965Jeff Senior Member Posts: 1,648 Senior Member
    Well worth the wait.
    1965Jeff said:
    Well worth the wait.
    Yep, road was too long and bumpy though.
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 11,355 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    CHIRO1989 said:

FIFY
    One day I’ll find you. 
    back when I worked in an office, that's what we would change people's desktop photo to if they walked away and left the computer unlocked.  
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov