Toronto shooting leaves 2 dead and 13 injured

Six-GunSix-Gun Senior MemberPosts: 7,430 Senior Member
edited July 2018 in Second Amendment/Politics #1
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/toronto-shooting-leaves-2-dead-including-gunman-13-hurt/ar-BBKXWka?ocid=spartanntp

The article's framing, particularly the political reactions quoted from the Canadian leaders and the final sentence in this piece, make for some wild juxtaposition.

In one breath, the Toronto mayor highlights this 2-death incident as evidence of "a gun violence problem."  Then the article closes with a highlight related to an automobile attacked that killed 10 people (i.e. 5x the fatalities of the gun attack).  Yet...there's no mention of the plan to address the evidence of "an automobile violence problem."   Hmm...well, we know that our country isn't the only one with politicians who pander to gun control in the face of conflicting evidence for its value.
Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.

Replies

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,109 Senior Member
    UMMMm Luis,
    The link you posted is the our 2a forum
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 7,430 Senior Member
    I must be looking right past it.  I don't see the thread in this forum.
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 15,379 Senior Member
    Clink your link in the first post and tell us where it takes you...
    edited July 2018 #5
    Gotcha - I thought he was saying that the link I meant to post was listed elsewhere in this forum.

*sigh*  I don't know what is going on with my laptop, but it's hesitating when I switch tabs in Edge and copying the previous tab link from time to time.  Recurring issue since I've been overseas.  Here's the proper link...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/toronto-shooting-leaves-2-dead-including-gunman-13-hurt/ar-BBKXWka?ocid=spartanntp

If the mods could edit the original post to sub in this link, I'd appreciate it.
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 19,109 Senior Member
    Nope, Jerm nailed it.

Of course it's the gun's fault, it always is, isn't it?
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,221 Senior Member
    Headline is misleading. It should read, "One shooting victim dead, 13 wounded, and ONE DIRTBAG SHOOTER ASSUMING AMBIENT TEMPERATURE", IMHO.
    If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.

Thanks!
  • sgtrock21sgtrock21 Senior Member Posts: 1,693 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    Headline is misleading. It should read, "One shooting victim dead, 13 wounded, and ONE DIRTBAG SHOOTER ASSUMING AMBIENT TEMPERATURE", IMHO.

That also chaps my a** when the deceased perp is counted as a victim. Of course if 2 more actual victims die it will be recorded in the "mass murder" statistics which only purpose is gun control propaganda.
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 26,221 Senior Member
    Shooter has been identified as Pakistani.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-07-24/canada-shooting-victims-identified-as-girl-10-and-woman-18/10028194

How did a mentally ill person get a pistol in Canada? They have pretty strict gun laws. I'd bet he didn't get it legally up there.

If the U.S. Congress was put in charge of the Sahara Desert, there would be a shortage of sand in under six months.