Marlin 41 mag levergun PSA!

Replies

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    I think not.  LOL
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,960 Senior Member
    Nope. That's a tad rich for my blood! :smiley:
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• FreezerFreezer Senior Member Posts: 1,491 Senior Member
    Pawn shops always think their $#!% is gold. Some fool will buy it.
    I like Elmer Keith; I married his daughter :wink:
  • 41magnut41magnut Senior Member Posts: 1,159 Senior Member
    I have seen more than one 1894 Marlin - 41mag sell for a ballpark figure on both sides of th $1300 they are asking for this.
    Thank you Henry Repeating Arms for producing the Big Boy Steel in 41M.
    "The .30-06 is never a mistake." Townsend Whelen :iwo:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,990 Senior Member
    edited July 2018 #6
    Why are Marlin lever guns in .44 mag/.357/.41 mag/.45 Colt (handgun calibers) more expensive than say 30-30s which you can get in the 300-400 dollar range all day long.

I'm not talking about 'Cowboy' models, but those are even more expensive too with the octagonal bbls. Does the feeding mechanism require all that much more work/time/extra machined parts?

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 25,960 Senior Member
    Big Chief, I think Marlin charges more for the 1894 in pistol calibers because they CAN. No other reason for that mess. They've been making that thing for a LONG time. And with CNC machining, they can turn them out in mass quantities a lot faster than the old way.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

• JeeperJeeper Senior Member Posts: 2,952 Senior Member
    I suspect that feeding issues are more common with pistol caliber leverguns, so you need a little profit cushion to accommodate the occasional warranty work.  Also SASS makes them very popular.
    Wielding the Hammer of Thor first requires you to lift and carry the Hammer of Thor. - Bigslug