Home Main Category General Firearms

Kudos to Optics Planet

knitepoetknitepoet Senior MemberPosts: 21,819 Senior Member
One of the ATN X-sight IIs I ordered last month has "issues"
Image has flickered since I first turned it on, and even though it shows the icon for running off the external power pack, after 60-90 minutes of use, the internal batteries are drained and the scope shuts down. And will NOT power back on unless I put a new set of batteries in it. In comparison, the other one will power up and run just fine off the external pack without batteries in it at all. (Yes I tried swapping battery packs and cables)

Optics Planet has a 30 day, "No questions asked" return policy. Got home from hunting right at midnight tonight, already have  the RMA, the paper to put in the box with it AND a prepaid shipping label printed off.

Since I've decided I would rather have the 5-20x model, I am exchanging the defective 3-14x for the 5-20x

From what I can find in their return policy, my only cost will be the difference in price between the 2 models ($7.50)

Got to LOVE a company that's willing to take care of their customer!!!!

Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I ordered a RCBS  Trim-Pro from them online, but after thunking about it I decided I wanted an upgrade from another like the one I had with issues and wanted the new Universal case prep center. I called and there was no problem cancelling that order and reordering the one I wanted.

They were having a sale and RCBS had a good rebate so when it was all said and done it cost less than the old models. They are $429 today, but they had them on sale for $349 and the rebate of $100 or $75(?) made it very affordable and down in the 2 hundred something cost range.

Never had any issues ordering from them, good company to deal with.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • bellcatbellcat Senior Member Posts: 1,943 Senior Member
    I really like optics planet! Good to hear.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 3,960 Senior Member
    I ordered my X-sight II and the Vortex scope and mount from them. Luckily, I haven’t had to use their CS department. I was just satisfied with the prices I paid and got free shipping both times. I wasn’t even planning on buying the X-sight, but a jacka...I mean coworker sent me a link when they were on sale for $379, with the external power kit and free shipping. So, credit card it was.... Good to know they’re taking care of your issue. 
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,819 Senior Member
    At this point, I have zero complaints about how they're treating me.

AAMOF, they're moving up the list of my preferred places to buy optics
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• Six-GunSix-Gun Senior Member Posts: 8,155 Senior Member
    edited August 2018 #6
    That's great to hear and not surprising at all.  Been using Optics Planet since they were considered a "one-off" company and viewed with some suspicion.  Many purchases later, and they have proven to have some of the best prices (often *the* best) and customer service in the marketplace.
    Accuracy: because white space between bullet holes drives me insane.
    edited September 2018 #7
    Update

They show the new orders as "processing"
     Since the 5-20x X-site IIs cost a little bit more, I figured I would owe them the difference. So I called them, CC in hand, to settle up with them.

Don't ask me how this math works out, because I haven't a clue, HOWEVER, instead of paying them the difference I figured I owed them, the call just ended with $17.xx being CREDITED back to my CC. <shocked look>

No idea how this happened, but I did thank the guy profusely, once I picked my jaw up off the floor.

Edited to add:
    Scratch that
    Just looked @ my CC balance and they charged me $10 and $17.50 yesterday when they processed the orders, so they just gave me some of the difference back but the exchange still cost me $10, which is still less than I expected

• Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,490 Senior Member
    Its that new math
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    Diver43 said:
    Its that new math
    Apparently

• timctimc Senior Member Posts: 6,684 Senior Member
    They are good folks, I've dealt with them a lot over the years, glad they are taking care of you! 
    timc - formerly known as timc on the last G&A forum and timc on the G&A forum before that and the G&A forum before that.....
    AKA: Former Founding Member