Home Main Category Hunting

Oregon hunter in critical condition after hanging upside down from tree stand for two days

Big ChiefBig Chief Senior MemberPosts: 32,995 Senior Member
It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,081 Senior Member
    I am surprised he is still alive.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,641 Senior Member
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I am surprised he is still alive.
    I'll be surprised if he remains so
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,641 Senior Member
    Yeah, in something along the lines of 2 HOURS, I can't imagine 2 DAYS

I'm surprised  he didn't throw a clot already
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 24,179 Senior Member
    Ugh...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,286 Senior Member
    If you're gonna climb trees, you should be physically fit. Just in case something like this happens.

I'm amazed this guy is still alive. I'll be even Amazier'ed if he stays that way.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Sounds like he had a really bad harness malfunction. Mine won't do that; the safety strap is between your shoulders where it belongs in case you fall. You end up with head up and feet down, and a very sore crotch!

Also surprised he lasted 2 days. Normally the diaphragm and muscles  in chest give out and you would asphyxiate before 2 days had passed. He's been very lucky so far, and hope his luck holds out and he recovers.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams