Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

Levi to donate $1,000,000 to gun control

GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
I've known about this for about 30 years, and have not purchased any of their products since then.  To put this in perspective, my dress pants are new blue jeans.

http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/404902-levis-teams-up-with-gun-control-group-we-simply-cannot-stand-by-silently
No good deed goes unpunished...

Replies

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 25,146 Senior Member
    no levies here 
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,045 Senior Member
    More corporate "virtue signalling" - an outfall of the "corporations are people" ruling.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I think I own three pair of Levi jeans, and they were a gift. I don't like them because they are missing two belt loops, as in 5 instead of 7 I get on the Wranglers. And Levi's are always overpriced, so I don't even bother buying any even if they're on sale. The Wranglers are on sale at the same time, most of the time, making them an even better choice.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    I would say I was going to boycott Levi's......but the truth is I hate wearing jeans and don't buy them anyway....any brand.  Several years ago I discovered Tru Specs.  They are by far the most comfortable pants I have ever worn.  I have them in several different colors and they are almost the only pants I ever wear.  No, I don't wear them to be "Tacti-Cool".  I have preferred cargo pants for decades, even back when the only firearm I owned was my Marlin Model 60 and had not had it out of the closet in years.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    Haven't bought Levi's in 20 years. They don't make my arse look good. Wranglers cheaper and the women whistle. :)
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,932 Senior Member
    Found out a long time ago Levies would not hold up to real world abuse and at about the same time heard that they were providing money to the anti gunners, Haven't bought a pare in nearly 40 years.

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    Levi's suck anyway. I have been using wrangler for quite a while.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • NomadacNomadac Senior Member Posts: 902 Senior Member
    Quit buying decades ago. My favorites are Wrangler and Lee.