Home Main Category Clubhouse

Orchidman welfare check

Diver43Diver43 Posts: 12,455 Senior Member
Hey Alec, you and the guys over there OK.
News said you guys have been having some heavy earthquakes 
Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5

Replies

• das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

On Monday afternoon, four moderate earthquakes were recorded on Geonet's monitoring website and people throughout New Zealand reported feeling the shaking.

But those four quakes never happened. They were what are known as "ghost quakes".

Instead, one magnitude 6.9 quake had struck near the Kermadec Islands, north of New Zealand, at 4.19pm at a depth of about 130 kilometres.

There is no tsunami threat to New Zealand following the 6.8M earthquake SOUTH OF THE KERMADEC ISLANDS at 4.19pm.
    Based on current information, the initial assessment is that the quake is unlikely to have caused a tsunami that will pose a threat to New Zealand

• ojrojr Posts: 1,333 Senior Member
    We are good, first lot well above us as in above New Zealand , 2nd lot very mild.
    Thanks.
    The flight was uneventful, which is what one wants when one is transporting an Elephant.
     Reuters, Dec 2020.
  • orchidmanorchidman Posts: 8,393 Senior Member
    No problems with earthquakes here.
    Thanks for your concern though.
    Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 12,455 Senior Member
    Good to hear all is well.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Good to hear you Kiwis are OK............
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • tennmiketennmike Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Glad lad to hear NZ dodged that one! That would have been bad. Also, hope the islands it DID affect aren’t inhabited, and if they are that no one was hurt.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams