Home Main Category Clubhouse

Police arrest 5 in North Carolina as looters begin to capitalize on Florence chaos

Big ChiefBig Chief Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
edited September 2018 in Clubhouse #1
And the police said management (Family Dollar Store) told them not to do anything.................they deserve what they get with an attitude like that and it only encourages more looting. 

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!

Replies

• Big ChiefBig Chief Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #2
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
  • Old RonOld Ron Posts: 4,450 Senior Member
    That is just nuts ! Why wouldn't they want them arrested now ?
    That mgr. would be looking foe a new job if that was my store.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    They have all kinds of assistance like medical/food/water/shelter available free to them....me thunks they are just looting to get free stuff they don't need to survive because they think they are owed it and can get away with it.........................dregs of humanity.
  • Old RonOld Ron Posts: 4,450 Senior Member
    The dregs are growing in numbers & it is because the dregs in suits are helping with that. Years ago it was a hard but simple life . Don't work ....don't eat. Steal & get dead. You can't fix people by giving  them something for nothing.
  • bellcatbellcat Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    Looters are really going downhill when you target the Dollar Store🙄
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    The real problem is the un-necessary deversion of LEOs to deal with petty theft during a community crisis. Sentence those caught to mandatory community service assisting the hard labor of clean up.
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 12,455 Senior Member
    The real problem is the un-necessary deversion of LEOs to deal with petty theft during a community crisis. Sentence those caught to mandatory community service assisting the hard labor of clean up.
    Great idea, but by the time they get to court cleanup will be all but finished.

I would like to think that the stores management told police to not do anything now because they are insured and police were needed elsewhere to protect and save lives.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    That looting going on and the cops standing around playing 'pocket pool' is the reason a lot of folks don't evacuate in a situation like this. They KNOW the cops won't do anything and they feel they need to stay to protect what they have from thieves.

Simple solution to it since the cops are 'busy doing something else' is to declare all looters targets of opportunity and load them down with all the lead they can tote away. Won't ever stop the looting, but it would sure stop repeat offenders.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • 1hogfan831hogfan83 Posts: 347 Member
    edited September 2018 #10
    I saw a meme with pictures.  In all of that chaos and looting not a single pair of work boots was stolen.  I think if you shoot a few it would stop them.  Remember the Korean business owners during the L.A. riots?  Of course I don't know if I would defend a Dollar General or Family Dollar for $7.00 hour.  
    "Well he shoulda armed him self" William Munney-Unforgiven"
    "You believe there is one God, that is good, even the demons believe and shudder in fear" James 2:19