Home Main Category Second Amendment/Politics

John McCain-- My Rant

2»

Replies

• Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    Wanting all that hype, attention and glorification seems monumentally vain to me. He couldn't even die peacefully without injecting his anti-Trump venom into the conversation. I didn't  like McCain before, and I like him even less now. That man has done everything he could to destroy the Republican party, with his endless compromising with the Democrats, including voting against the repeal of the ACA, which he espoused the repeal of, and which amounted to political treason to me.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Posts: 25,035 Senior Member
    ...including voting against the repeal of the ACA, which he espoused the repeal of, and which amounted to political treason to me.
    Pretty much!
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Now that he's passed away it's only 10-15 years before he will be raised to statesman status. The 10-15 year time frame is for people to forget, for the most part, what a worthless dirtbag the politician was when they were alive. It also gives 'historians' time to gloss over all the misdeeds, graft, corruption, and general chicanery the politician was involved in at the time they were in office. It has always been thus, and most likely always will be so.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    It takes a pretty deep level of hatred to orchestrate your own funeral to smear somebody and use your own daughter to administer it. As far as I know, the only thing Trump ever did to him was to question his hero status.
  • BufordBuford Senior Member Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    I've also heard things that suggest that he wasn't "all that and a bag of chips" during his mil career either. Anybody know anything?

And your military career was?
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
    It wasn't. I'm just asking. Something about it being his own fault he got shot down?

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Gene LGene L Senior Member Posts: 12,615 Senior Member
    "It was his own fault that he got shot down?"  That's absurd.  Can you document this?  He was following orders.

I think McCain was a one of a kind. He didn't lock-step with the Republican Party, and neither do I.  I didn't always agree with him, and I feel he had a grudge against Trump, as Trump had against him.  Both had good reasons.  I felt Trump started the grudge with his remarks on McCain's status as a POW back during the primaries.  I wouldn't sit by meekly if someone tried to criticize my service in SE Asia.  And he suffered 5 1/2 years which no doubt affected his temper.

As for blaming McCain about things that happened after his death....not me.  But you do as you please.  Both Parties are flawed and serve themselves before they serve the people who elected them.
    Concealed carry is for protection, open carry is for attention.
    Gene L said:
    "It was his own fault that he got shot down?"  That's absurd.  Can you document this?  He was following orders.

I think McCain was a one of a kind. He didn't lock-step with the Republican Party, and neither do I.  I didn't always agree with him, and I feel he had a grudge against Trump, as Trump had against him.  Both had good reasons.  I felt Trump started the grudge with his remarks on McCain's status as a POW back during the primaries.  I wouldn't sit by meekly if someone tried to criticize my service in SE Asia.  And he suffered 5 1/2 years which no doubt affected his temper.

As for blaming McCain about things that happened after his death....not me.  But you do as you please.  Both Parties are flawed and serve themselves before they serve the people who elected them.
    Something about NOT following orders, flew back to see what his bombing run had done?

That's all I know, and it *is* hearsay, so worth little to nothing. I wanted to see if anyone else had heard/knowedge - apparently not, so its probably bogus.

I was all for McCain in Y2K, when he called out the Bible Thumpers for what they truly are - but afterwards he became the worst of both worlds. He more-or-less kissed and made up with the Thumpers (You do NOT go against them in today's GOP), then started voting like a Democrat on darn near everything.

And yes, as you say, "Both Parties are flawed..." I've been saying that for years. I have little use for either of them, and consider them the large part of "the problem", and certainly not the solution! Both are 1/3rd right, and 2/3rds wrong.

)O(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    If you want to know about McCain's military record from Academy to his release as a POW, it is online and well documented. He barely escaped graduating dead last at the Academy due to his constant shenanigans, heavy drinking, and inability to follow orders. That translated right into his service wherever he was stationed. More of the same, but on a much grander scale.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • horselipshorselips Senior Member Posts: 3,628 Senior Member
    I'm not messing with a funeral at all - waste of money. I will be cremated, and my ashes either donated to science or dumped in Al Gore's swimming pool. 
    I told my wife to flush my ashes down the toilet! Best place for 'em!

)O(
    The show "South Park" did a thing on the 2016 election.  The choices were between a Douche Bag and a Turd Sandwich.  Trump was the Douche Bag.  Hillary was the TS.
  • bisleybisley Senior Member Posts: 10,813 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    The show "South Park" did a thing on the 2016 election.  The choices were between a Douche Bag and a Turd Sandwich.  Trump was the Douche Bag.  Hillary was the TS.
    That is pretty accurate for how I felt at the time. I was forced to put the character issue on the back burner, and search for new criteria for making a choice. It was either do that, or stay home (don't vote). In the end, the only choice was to pick the one who was most likely to keep one promise to do something I agreed with.

So, I ended up voting for the second worst candidate in history. He kept the Supreme Court promise, and several others I agreed with. He would have kept a few more, had the Republican establishment not bailed out on their own promises.

I still think Trump is a jerk, and I can't stand to hear him speak, most of the time. But, for someone with all of the flaws he has, he has definitely exceeded my expectations in the most hostile environment I've ever seen. He has forced the leftists out into the light of day, and they are showing their anti-Americanism in unprecedented ways.
  • Make_My_DayMake_My_Day Senior Member Posts: 7,912 Senior Member
    edited September 2018 #45
    I wonder what the non-democrat, anti-Trump complainers would be saying if the Turd sandwich had won. I can only look back to 2008 when the last "worse president in history" won the election. My view is we dodged the second worst 8 years in history by electing Trump. If he is re-elected in 2020 we will most likely have one of the best 8 years in history. If it weren't for the sedition by left-wing news, political hacks and republican anti-Trumpsters, the emerging story about him would be much more positive. All you have to do is watch the confirmation hearings to see what dems are all about...disgusting as usual.
    JOE MCCARTHY WAS RIGHT:
    THE DEMOCRATS ARE THE NEW COMMUNISTS!
    For those of you who don't watch South Park, the creators Matt Parker and Tray Stone are both Republicans, although Libertarians.
    Trump is the best thing that ever happened to the GOP. I said that then, and I say it now.

)O(
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,244 Senior Member
    I knew they were libertarian, but didn't know they identified with a party.
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,632 Senior Member
    Gene L said:
    For those of you who don't watch South Park, the creators Matt Parker and Tray Stone are both Republicans, although Libertarians.
    I just think they're funny.  Since they're funny and don't get in my face about how I should think and act, they're okay in my book. 
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin