Home Main Category Clubhouse

Nurse Jackie

JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Posts: 8,227 Senior Member

I'm sort of embarrassed to admit it, but the wife and I just finished watching this entire series (80 episodes) on Netflix.  I have to say, it's pretty good.

If you think it's about a goody two shoes character that is devoted to saving lives, you need to watch an episode or three.  The lead character, played by Edie Falco of Sopranos fame, is a dedicated ER nurse, but she's also a hard core drug addict who wreaks havoc on the lives of everyone who cares about her.  All in all, it's a pretty good study of what addiction can do to someone.

Worth watching.

Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.

Replies

• JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    I should add a note of caution.  It's like watching a train wreck.   You really don't want to see how it ends, but you can't make yourself quit looking.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Posts: 2,524 Senior Member
    Great show, my wife got me hooked on it a few years back. well worth the watch!
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • bellcatbellcat Posts: 2,040 Senior Member
    thanks for the info.   As a public school teacher, those shows are starting to hit too close to home.   I tried 2 episodes of Shameless and couldn't watch.   It reminded me too much of the delinquent parents and kids I deal with daily.  We are seeing so many meth affected kids and parents that I feel like retiring.  

Those shows are too realistic for me anymore.
    "Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see." Mark Twain
  • RugerFanRugerFan Posts: 2,756 Senior Member
    bellcat said:
    thanks for the info.   As a public school teacher, those shows are starting to hit too close to home.   I tried 2 episodes of Shameless and couldn't watch.   It reminded me too much of the delinquent parents and kids I deal with daily.  We are seeing so many meth affected kids and parents that I feel like retiring.  

Amen! Most people don't realize how many children are being raised by grandparents and great grandparents due to parents being druggies these days
  • EliEli Posts: 3,074 Senior Member
    bellcat said:

I wasn't really able to get into Nurse Jackie for this exact reason. Working around other nurses who share the same addictions that the character does...the show hit way too close to real life for me. I consume entertainment to GET AWAY from day to day stressors...not to be reminded of them.