Home Main Category Clubhouse

forum friends

sakodudesakodude Senior MemberPosts: 4,701 Senior Member
As has been my experience in the past, gun people are good people. Every forum member I have had the opportunity to meet has been a wonderful experience. Today was no exception.
I had the opportunity to meet "OLD RON" today, we had lunch and talked, mostly guns for several hours. So that's one more forum brother I would not hesitate to share a shooting bench with.

Sako

Replies

• jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Senior Member Posts: 10,806 Senior Member
    What? He's real?? I thought for sure he was a troll!
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,446 Senior Member
    It was my pleasure to meet sako & his brother. They are really good people. I would break bread with them any time.
    And yes I am a troll.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Did he have a trailer full of 'Treasures' hitched to his truck?

I agree, never heard of a bad meet and greet among forum members always a positive experience like mine have been.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I’ve met and shot with a handful of folks here, and made some great friends. 
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 8,627 Senior Member
    Haven't met Ron yet but have hooked up with Tom several times, I almost go right past his house on my Wisconsin excursions!! Is Ron really old??
  • FisheadgibFisheadgib Senior Member Posts: 5,797 Senior Member
    It seems that when a forum member finally gets around to attending a SE shoot, they usually continue to attend every year when possible. 
    snake284 wrote: »
    For my point of view, cpj is a lot like me
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 14,558 Senior Member
    I am batting 1000 so far, wish folks lived closer
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • AntonioAntonio Senior Member Posts: 2,986 Senior Member
    Ditto. Would be nicer to meet more but tight schedules with my trips rush me to "white rabbit mode"; too bad we weren't able to meet any folks from CO last time :'(
  • JerryBobCoJerryBobCo Senior Member Posts: 8,227 Senior Member
    Cool.  I can echo Tom's sentiment about the forum being full of good folk.  I've hunted with several of them, and will be hunting with one (hopefully 2) next month.
    Jerry

Gun control laws make about as much sense as taking ex-lax to cure a cough.
  • coolgunguycoolgunguy Senior Member Posts: 6,634 Senior Member
    I've only met one from the forum, but hope to add to that number before I leave this world... and, i have top agree, Sako is good people!
    "Bipartisan" usually means that a bigger than normal deception is happening.
    George Carlin
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Everyone I've met at the Shoots have been good people, from the first one to this year's shoot. Made some good friends; gun people are good people. Want to meet a few I haven't had the pleasure of meeting yet (that would be all I haven't met yet!). I'm not nearly as abrasive in person! :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • kansashunterkansashunter Senior Member Posts: 1,911 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    . I'm not nearly as abrasive in person! :D
    But cpj is about what you think he is.
    I didn't marry an Okie
    Most of us knew this already.
  • RugerFanRugerFan Senior Member Posts: 2,755 Senior Member
    I've been to 1 SE Shoot.

I've been trying to make it back but life keeps getting the way. 
  • olesniperolesniper Senior Member Posts: 3,767 Senior Member
    Took a friend to a shoot, a few years ago, afterwards, she said she was amazed that we had that many people together and there were no harsh words, nobody got POed, or anything. I told her that was because they were the nicest folk you'd ever want to meet.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil: For I carry a .308 and not a .270
  • jbohiojbohio Senior Member Posts: 5,617 Senior Member
    Agree on all points.  Some of my best friends are guys I met here.
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 12,443 Senior Member
    Over the years on this forum and attending SE Shoots, i have had the pleasure of meeting several old friends
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5