Home Main Category Clubhouse

It's a dirty stinky job,

tennmiketennmike Senior MemberPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
and I'm glad that it's not ME doing it. Lots of dead fish on I-40 being washed off the road by firefighters. The smell has GOT to be intense!

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/article218886230.html

I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
― Douglas Adams

Replies

• SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,740 Senior Member
    Glad it's not me!
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• GilaGila Posts: 1,888 Senior Member
    We've got buzzards to spare here.  Just saying...
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Gila said:
    We've got buzzards to spare here.  Just saying...
    We do, too. I'm guessing that ours are too full to eat any more, and can barely fly. Gonna be some really fat possums in them parts, though! And pavement possum casserole will be getting old quick.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Farm Boy DeuceFarm Boy Deuce Senior Member Posts: 6,083 Senior Member
    Ah man that would be ripe. 
    I am afraid we forget sometime that the basic and simple things brings us the most pleasure.
    Dad 5-31-13
    They're just washing them off to the grass at the side of the breakdown lane. That's gonna be a really ripe drive along I-40 for a few weeks.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Well, I reckon the gals who bat fer the other team will be highly confused. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    If you ever smelled Red Tide you will never forget it.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
    Red tide is something else as to smell. But that's because the stuff gets airborne. And add in the dead rotting putrid fish, crab, and other dead sea critter smells, and it's enough to knock a buzzard off a gut wagon.
    ― Douglas Adams