Home Main Category Clubhouse

NN & Mrs. Clean are ok.....

13»

Replies

• tennmiketennmike Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    I just got hold of a friend of theirs on Facebook and got a report back right quick on NN and Mrs. Clean. Their house had 5-7 inches of water in it, they still have no land line phone, sketchy cell service, and are getting the house repaired. They are both O.K. and THAT is what is important. They're both also reported to be tired but in good spirits.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    I sure do pray they're back to normal ASAP.
  • terminator012terminator012 Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    I just got hold of a friend of theirs on Facebook and got a report back right quick on NN and Mrs. Clean. Their house had 5-7 inches of water in it, they still have no land line phone, sketchy cell service, and are getting the house repaired. They are both O.K. and THAT is what is important. They're both also reported to be tired but in good spirits.
    Good news.
  • zorbazorba Posts: 25,185 Senior Member
    Oh thank Goddess! Last I'd heard was something like 3 inches of water - it obviously rose.
    Looking forward to Ned's stories about it.
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 12,455 Senior Member
    Great News
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
    My Facebook contact will get in touch if anything changes, and update as things change.
    ― Douglas Adams
  • BufordBuford Posts: 6,721 Senior Member
    Good news indeed.
    Just look at the flowers Lizzie, just look at the flowers.
  • BigDanSBigDanS Posts: 6,992 Senior Member
    Just keep a good thought for them.  I am very glad they are OK.  The weeks after a major event like this are about 80 hours a week of nonstop work, without power, managing food water and sleep when you can. Even a working shower and bathroom are a luxury.  It may be aboit four weeks before they have power and Internet, maybe more.  
    "A patriot is mocked, scorned and hated; yet when his cause succeeds, all men will join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." Mark Twain
    Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives.... now who's bringing the hot wings? :jester:
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Thank God they are physically OK, stuff can be be replaced they can't.

It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • RugerFanRugerFan Posts: 2,756 Senior Member
    Thanks, Tennmike! 

I guess Facebook is good for something after all. 
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Posts: 14,574 Senior Member
    Nicely done Tenmike, thank you.
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
    JBP-Ohio suggested I contact one of NNs friends on Facebook. I'm surprised that I got a response as fast as I did. It sure was a relief to get a response that fast and hear some good news!
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Diver43Diver43 Posts: 12,455 Senior Member
    I heard back via email from Mrs Clean
    They are both well, two rooms had 8 inches of water so dealing with that without internet, landline, cable and fuzzy cell service.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • jbp-ohiojbp-ohio Posts: 10,809 Senior Member
    tennmike said:
    JBP-Ohio suggested I contact one of NNs friends on Facebook. I'm surprised that I got a response as fast as I did. It sure was a relief to get a response that fast and hear some good news!
    I would have done it myself, but they might think I was part of a scam as I am not on Ned's Friends list...............
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." Thomas Jefferson
  • terminator012terminator012 Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    Just got a message from Mr. Ned on FB. Other than some house issues they are ok.
  • zorbazorba Posts: 25,185 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #77
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(