Home Main Category Clubhouse

The last person to post in this thread wins a brick of .22 ammo

Replies

• 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Central FLPosts: 2,122 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    You all know my bad luck at killing mutant weeds I have .
    A guy mentioned to me in passing there is an attachment for the tractor or lawn mower that you pull that pulls the weeds out of the gravel . Ever hear of that ? If there is ..... I want 1 .
    Here you go:

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    If the campers rockin, don’t come knockin! 
    I thought it was,.....

If the campers rocking don't bother knocking.
    If the campers rocking don't bother knocking,
    If the campers rocking don't bother  come on in. 😂
  • zorbazorba Senior Member Merrritt Island, FLPosts: 25,185 Senior Member
    Now *THIS* is most definitely TMI...
    -Zorba, "The Veiled Male"

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    zorba said:
    Stupid...

But useful. New borescope. Found copper fouling in my Garand!
    I saw no copper fouling. :D
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
    edited October 2018 #25927
    Starting prepping for the tin ceiling install as the kitchen proper is now painted. Removed the 2 fluorescent fixtures and temporarily put these bulbs in.
    They're upside down here, my folks bought these circa 1966 to put in the kitchen chandelier because they had somehow managed to break the glass hurricane chimneys on same.

They bought a pile of them, and I've never seen one burn out. I have these 2 left, they're 100 watt by Sylvania in a hurricane chimney shape. Even the light bulb collector's sites I checked know nothing about these. I remember the packaging said to NOT burn them base up, but I've never had problems doing so. Temporary anyway.

"If you get it and didn't work for it, someone else worked for it and didn't get it..."
    )O(
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,928 Senior Member
    63°f today. 26°f high and 14°f low tomorrow.

Just put six quarts a chili in the crock pot. Ground elk, chorizo, pintos, red beans, pepper flakes, canned roasted chilies, cayenne pepper, tomatoe puree, apple cider vinegar..... Be done in time for breakfast.🍛
  • NNNN Senior Member NCPosts: 25,200 Senior Member
    I will live in Montana. And I will marry a round American woman and raise rabbits, and she will cook them for me.
    "And I will have a pick-up truck, maybe even a recreational vehicle."
    "Perhaps I will need two wives." Lol!
    Why----if one is giving you static the other will join forces with her.
    That's why you need 3. One will nag, two will gang up on you, but three will fight among themselves and leave you the hell alone!
    Or so I've been told...

)O(
  • NCFUBARNCFUBAR Senior Member North CarolinaPosts: 4,324 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #25931
    I’ve always loved wooden boats ... the beauty and craftsmanship ... but my wallet has never been able to even think of owning one. A lady at the coast posted one for sale I can afford but it is a little on the small side but damn it sure is beautiful ...

“The further a society drifts from truth ... the more it will hate those who speak it."
    - George Orwell
    You'd be gnashing your teeth the first time you hit a rock.
    Finally was able to get the damaged portion of my thumbnail off - from last May's Garand Thumb! The forward 1/4 was 99% delaminated, its now off with a very thin nail remaining from underneath. Nothing a couple of layers of nail lacquer can't fix for the duration.

)O(
    Watching Skyscraper with the Rock in it.   It's ok but a little far fetched.
    edited October 2018 #25935
    I probably watch 10 hours of TV every 6 months - but right now watching a Netflix thing called "The Haunting of Hill House". A little hard to follow, but this family is majorly screwed up...

)O(
    Scary flick?? I can't watch  them unless I'm alone. She refuses to watch them.
    Meh, I wouldn't really call it scary - they kinda borrow the whole "Is it real, or is it a hallucination" thing from Phantasm.

)O(
  • Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,450 Senior Member
    Calling for light snow here tonight ........ way to early for that crap here.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,908 Senior Member
    Old Ron said:
    Get yourself some of this... 

No good deed goes unpunished...
    Got back from camping. Was in the low 50's both days .Drizzly rain all day today. Warmed up though, almost 70 degrees. Turning a lot colder Tuesday. Lows could be in the upper 30's. Kinda weather that makes folks sick.
    12°f forecasted for tomorrow morning. I don't usually complain about the weather. I'm contemplating an exception.❄
    I've felt like crap the last couple of days too. Don't really have anything just don't feel right without much energy. Took me an hour and a half nap today myself.
    Gila said:
    Old Ron said:
    Get yourself some of this... 

The way we all sound .... we may need a case of that stuff. I tried looking it up & all I see is stuff for snow cones ! A glass of brandy & a hot shower would be nice. Don't drink so the shower will have to do .
  • bullsi1911bullsi1911 Moderator Posts: 12,255 Senior Member
    To make something simple is a thousand times more difficult than to make something complex.
    -Mikhail Kalashnikov
    Taking down the flat moldings on the masonite kitchen ceiling. Guy glued them up with some kind of very good industrial mastic - I'm having to use my vibro cutter and slice them off!

)O(
    Looks a lot like Chicago ..... and many other towns now days .
    edited October 2018 #25947
    Didn't really need to but went ahead and built a fire in the wood stove in the game room. I wanted to burn off the funk. I spray it down with WD-40 every spring when I'm through using it. Between that, the dust, the spider webs in it and the chimney I really got a smokey smelly funk. Got 3 windows open, 2 doors and 2 fans in the doors blowing out. The smoke is clearing but now it's cold as crap in here. :D:D

)O(
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Central MNPosts: 14,577 Senior Member
    So what are we looking at here Zorba?
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Between Ft Lauderdale and MiamiPosts: 12,461 Senior Member
    A  lip of 30-06 ammo and?
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Under a logPosts: 27,457 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #25951
    CHIRO1989 said:
    So what are we looking at here Zorba?
    It's a M1 Garand S.L.E.D Single Loading Enhancement Device that allows for loading the Garand rifle with a single cartridge for sighting in, slow fire exercises, and other tomfoolery. :)

It serves the same purpose as the mag blocks for bolt action rifles for loading as single shot rifles.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams