2»

Replies

• JayhawkerJayhawker Moderator Posts: 17,628 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Because Allysa Milano is HAWT. 
    I need to go put on my Crocs...
    Sharps Model 1874 - "The rifle that made the west safe for Winchester"
  • JermanatorJermanator Senior Member Posts: 16,189 Senior Member
    He was in the bedroom and had a negligent discharge.
    Sadly, I can relate to that. (I can't believe nobody hit that slow pitch before me.)
    Reason obeys itself; and ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.
    -Thomas Paine
  • SpkSpk Senior Member Posts: 4,501 Senior Member
    He was in the bedroom and had a negligent discharge.
    Sadly, I can relate to that. (I can't believe nobody hit that slow pitch before me.)
    It wasn't his fault!

He was tired and HBO was running an all-night Embrace of the Vampire marathon :D
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

• LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    I thought AR stood for all right.
    American Rifle.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • LMLarsenLMLarsen Senior Member Posts: 8,337 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    Because Allysa Milano is HAWT. 
    Used to be.  TIme and dementia take a toll.
    “A gun is a tool, no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.”

NRA Endowment Member
  • DanChamberlainDanChamberlain Senior Member Posts: 3,395 Senior Member
    I said he had a negligent discharge, not a premature one...
    It's a source of great pride for me, that when my name is googled, one finds book titles and not mug shots. Daniel C. Chamberlain
  • ArmoredmanArmoredman Member Posts: 362 Member
    Troll thread. One post, scream and leave. As they say on another board, sorry your girl lost.
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    CPJ won the popcorn contest.
  • VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,654 Senior Member
    das68 said:
    Big Chief said:
    Or to be technically correct the AR stands for Armalite Rifle.
    I think Colt had stopped using "Armalite", by that time, just "Colt AR-15".

{quote feature sucking}
    Colt never used Armalite Rifle. The AR still stands for Armalite Rifle though. Just as Rock Island and Remington produced "Springfield" rifles.
    It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
  • das68das68 Posts: 662 Senior Member

Colt never used Armalite Rifle. The AR still stands for Armalite Rifle though. Just as Rock Island and Remington produced "Springfield" rifles.
    That would have been the model 601, I think.

Ours were largely the 602's, some were very battered though.

das68 said:

{quote feature sucking}
    What is this quote feature thing I keep reading about? What's it doing or doing wrong?
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience -- Mark Twain
    How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again! -- Mark Twain

Spk said:
    What is this quote feature thing I keep reading about? What's it doing or doing wrong?
    New to me.

I guess it was something Varmintmist was having an issue with, maybe he'll be on here later.

• terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    cpj said:
    cpj said:
    Spk said:
    das68 said:

{quote feature sucking}
    Hold on. I’ll show you.

This is what we are referring to 

If you click in the gray box, sometimes you can’t click out. So the quote all runs together. There’s ways to get out? Back in, whatever , I just delete the text, post it, and start over. 
    What he said.

• Old RonOld Ron Senior Member Posts: 4,301 Senior Member
    I was taught years ago to watch where I put my pointer & click .
  • breamfisherbreamfisher Senior Member Posts: 13,692 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #47
    Sometimes you'll open up the quote feature, there's a lag.  Be it device of computer.  In that time the cursor is automatically put into the grey box.  Start typing too soon and you get issues.  Also, if you open up the quote feature as "open in new tab" the cursor goes into the grey box with no way to get out of there.  At least that's the case with a Windows computer running Firefox.

Overkill is underrated.
  • JayJay Senior Member Posts: 4,089 Senior Member
    Sometimes you'll open up the quote feature, there's a lag.  Be it device of computer.  In that time the cursor is automatically put into the grey box.  Start typing too soon and you get issues.  Also, if you open up the quote feature as "open in new tab" the cursor goes into the grey box with no way to get out of there.  At least that's the case with a Windows computer running Firefox.

Yup.  And, if you're trying to crop out stuff in the quote box that you don't need in the quote box, you have to do it AFTER you're written your post below the box.  Otherwise, you can't get back out of the box to type your post.  Then, my post is autosaved, so even if I delete it and click to a different screen, my post pops back up in the post box at the bottom...  Pretty frustrating.  I've given up on posting stuff before just 'cause I didn't feel like dealing with it.

I don't think this thread has gone the way veteran sailor Smw2258 thought it might.

Some helpful tips, nonetheless.

Jay said:

Yup.  And, if you're trying to crop out stuff in the quote box that you don't need in the quote box, you have to do it AFTER you're written your post below the box.  Otherwise, you can't get back out of the box to type your post.  Then, my post is autosaved, so even if I delete it and click to a different screen, my post pops back up in the post box at the bottom...  Pretty frustrating.  I've given up on posting stuff before just 'cause I didn't feel like dealing with it. [There's a simple way out ... you just do this.]
    1) Click the Toggle HTML view button... "</>" ... in the upper right.

2) Go to the bottom of the "Coded" page at the end of the last ... "<br><br>" ... and place your cursor there then hit "Enter".

3) Type anything you want, it just a place holder.

4) Go back to the HTML view button... </> ... and click it again to exit Code Mode.

5) That's it, you're done. Edit and type away as usual.

I've done this numerous times and I know it works. I just didn't know others were having this problem. :o

BTW, I'm using Windows and Firefox :D

• VarmintmistVarmintmist Senior Member Posts: 7,654 Senior Member
    Didnt click in the grey box. I backspaced the pics away because it is annoying to quote pics. The cursor becomes part of the grey box all by itself.

It's boring, and your lack of creativity knows no bounds.
    edited October 2018 #52
    @Varmintmist said
    Didnt click in the grey box. I backspaced the pics away because it is annoying to quote pics. The cursor becomes part of the grey box all by itself.

That problem has gone away now.