Home Main Category Clubhouse

wife likes Halloween

rberglofrberglof Senior MemberPosts: 2,772 Senior Member

Replies

• ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,776 Senior Member
    😳
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • ZeeZee Senior Member Posts: 25,776 Senior Member
    I couldn’t muster up that much effort for every holiday in the books combined!
    "To Hell with efficiency, it's performance we want!" - Elmer Keith
  • orchidmanorchidman Senior Member Posts: 8,238 Senior Member
    Zee said:
    I couldn’t muster up that much effort for every holiday in the books combined!
    Do what I do. Throw all the deer carcase's in my bait freezer along with the leg bones and heads I dont want.............bring them out while still frozen and scatter them all over the front lawn and on the front steps just before the kids start trick or treating.
    Greet the kids at the door wearing a white Drs gowns with red paint splashed all over it and carry a hand saw dripping with blood. Laugh maniacally and make comments like "Oooh, goody. More children to cut up"

Still enjoying the trip of a lifetime and making the best of what I have.....
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    Wow, the Trick or Treaters will get a kick outta that.
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • Jeff in TXJeff in TX Senior Member Posts: 2,253 Senior Member
    When we lived in the burbs, each year I had a coffin standing up out front with a cutout in the back.  We had a stuff dead scary guy standing in it with a scary mask!  We'd hang the basket of goodies from him hand with a sign take one.  Once the first few kids came through I slip the dummy out, put the mask and jacket on and slide through the opening in the back.  When the the kids went to take some candy, I'd slap there hand and yell, one piece only!  It would scare the living c**p out of them.  For the next hour or so the trick or treaters were out there, they never knew if I was going to be in it or the dummy!  They'd stand on the sidewalk trying to figure out who or what was in the coffin!

Great times! 
    Distance is not an issue, but the wind can make it interesting!

John 3: 1-21
  • CHIRO1989CHIRO1989 Senior Member Posts: 13,441 Senior Member
    I think YOU need to pick out a "costume" for the wife, you know, because shew is so into Halloween ;)
    I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn away from their ways and live. Eze 33:11
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,695 Senior Member
    You all get to have a blast with the kids. We have not had a trick or treater in 4 years. Every year we have a bowl of candy just in case though.  I guess all the kids in the neighborhood grew up.
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,930 Senior Member
    Wow, that's a nice job. My wife use to do that. The older she gets the less she does.
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,830 Senior Member
    Living in the boondocks, we don't get trick or treaters, so this year I plan on helping out with my VFW post's trunk or treat event for the ankle biters. 
    No good deed goes unpunished...
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,457 Senior Member
    Haven't had trick or treaters out where I live in around 20 years. They go on a hay ride and have a party at one of the big farms. Safer for the kids and everyone involved. I still buy some candy I like in case one or two show up. It keeps good in the freezer. Those mini Snickers and Kit Kats are good! :)
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    edited October 2018 #12
    I may get 0 or 30..................never know from year to year. I have plenty candy to pass out. Whatever is left I give to my oldest daughter to feed the hungry teenagers at the high school she teaches at.

I used to keep and eat on it, but since I try and keep my sugar intake down below the daily recommended amount (I think 39 g for a male adult) and one or two pieces or small boxes of something like Sugar Babies bust that, I'd rather save it for something I really enjoy. 
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 7,744 Senior Member
    I bought the kiddo a costume and a pumkin. Helped him carve it and we toasted the seeds for a snack.

That's as far as I go. No lights or decorations. He's with his mother Wednesday. I'll be at work.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,772 Senior Member
    I love what she’s done with your place!!!

We have very few young children in our community so Halloween is not much of an event.  Too bad...
    The sad part is we live so far out we don't get any kids unless a friend comes by with theirs. That has only happened twice.
    CHIRO1989 said:
    I think YOU need to pick out a "costume" for the wife, you know, because shew is so into Halloween ;)
    She did have a witches costume but haven't seen it in a few years, not sure she would wear what I would pick out. An Elvira costume might be nice.
    Last couple years she has been working the late shift at Shopko.
    Wow, that's a nice job. My wife use to do that. The older she gets the less she does.
    She does like her decorations, told her friend wait until next year there will be more.