Home Main Category Clubhouse

Storm update!

Big Al1Big Al1 Senior MemberPosts: 7,897 Senior Member
Let start first by saying USAA rocks. They have really come through! So far, I've got a new truck, a 2018 that is just like the old one, only taller and without the camo!! When the tow truck came to get the old truck, it was actually driveable, after the tree was removed. He drove it onto the flatbed!! Ford tough!!
All the trees that came down have been removed including the root balls. It took big chain saws several Bob Cats and a crane to clear everything, but the Bob Cats make short work of things!
Waiting on an estimate for a new roof, the steel roof held tight but it took a beating and the insurance co. wants it replaced. There's a few small leaks, so I'll have some inside ceilings to repair or replace after the new roof is on.
 Still no grocery stores or gas close by, but things are coming back slowly. It's a slow process but things are moving forward!!

Replies

• LinefinderLinefinder Moderator Posts: 7,174 Senior Member
    Great to hear this, Al!
    "Walking away seems to be a lost art form."
    N454casull
  • Diver43Diver43 Senior Member Posts: 11,065 Senior Member
    Great news Al, glad it is working out for you
    Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • earlyagainearlyagain Posts: 6,796 Senior Member
  • 10canyon5310canyon53 Member Posts: 2,122 Senior Member
    You've got me thinking about USAA now.  My father-in-law was career Army and is a Vietnam Vet, so that should qualify us.....
  • tennmiketennmike Senior Member Posts: 27,444 Senior Member
    Glad to hear things are getting back to normal down there! A good insurance company that does right by ya is a good thing to have.
      I refuse to answer that question on the grounds that I don't know the answer”
    ― Douglas Adams
  • knitepoetknitepoet Senior Member Posts: 21,278 Senior Member
    Glad to hear you're getting things back to "normal"
    Seven Habits of Highly Effective Pirates, Rule #37: There is no “overkill”. There is only “open fire” and “I need to reload”.

• NNNN Senior Member Posts: 24,769 Senior Member
    Glad things are progressing--------we're still waiting for repairs to start, hopefully this week.
    Shut up-----KAREN; OK Cynthia
  • terminator012terminator012 Senior Member Posts: 3,929 Senior Member
    Good news. How bad was that Ford damaged.
  • Big Al1Big Al1 Senior Member Posts: 7,897 Senior Member
    Not letting me post picture again but go to the older post about Michael.
  • rberglofrberglof Senior Member Posts: 2,683 Senior Member
    Good to hear USAA has treated you right, I recently switched to USAA and just on auto saved 100 dollars a month. House about the same cost but a lot better coverage.
  • ilove22silove22s Senior Member Posts: 1,415 Senior Member
    cool, USAA is doing right by you.

Unfortunately, the only way to find out about insurance and the company is by filing a claim. 

i dont mind paying for insurance, but when i file a claim i expect to be treated right.
    The ears never lie.

- Don Burt
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    You've got me thinking about USAA now.  My father-in-law was career Army and is a Vietnam Vet, so that should qualify us.....
    USAA doesn't insure boats...  :'(
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Gila said:
    It does---------for big boats over 32 ft it assists in finding that insurance.

I declined boat damage insurance and only have liability insurance.
  • Big ChiefBig Chief Senior Member Posts: 32,995 Senior Member
    I knew you would pull through Ned, you Marines Bivouac during Typhoons................... :#  
    It's only true if it's on this forum where opinions are facts and facts are opinions
    Words of wisdom from Big Chief: Flush twice, it's a long way to the Mess Hall
    I'd rather have my sister work in a whorehouse than own another Taurus!
  • GilaGila Posts: 1,828 Senior Member
    NN said:
    Gila said:

Yeah, and they offered to do the same thing for my Skeeter, but they don't insure boats themselves, including liability insurance.
    No good deed goes unpunished...
    Gila said:
    NN said:
    Gila said:

Yeah, and they offered to do the same thing for my Skeeter, but they don't insure boats themselves, including liability insurance.
    well, they did; so, maybe I'm grandfathered for coverage. We had to have an umbrella policy first.